When will Jet fans turn on Idzik, Geno Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rajensen088, Apr 30, 2013.

1. BleedGreenDaily

Yea it is the fans fault they have not been to the playoffs hahaha

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

im going to start calling you "moving target". cause everytime someone calls you on your crap you just change your argument and move on to some other nonsense.

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

That's such the type of BS I see lot of anti Sanchez people put on here. In 2011 he 26 TD's vs 18 int.

I guess his RB's carried Sanchez to the goal line to cloud those figures? What nonsense..

4. BleedGreenDaily

Who cares what he did in 2011... NFL "what have you done for me lately" He embarrassed QBs everywhere and the Jets with Buttfumble heard round the world. The kid regressed from average to below average.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Ok. you know the 7th one helps him, right?

our run game helped but the only game the run game kind of carried us was the 2nd half at Indy 2010 WC game and in that game we needed the pass game to win it.

and we had 9 TDs through the air vs. 6 on the ground so I guess the bulk of our TDs didn't come on the ground, huh?

Please let me know about all the KR return scores we had in postseason? I anxiously await this list.

Are there any knowledgeable fans out there that can step up? I'm getting bored swatting away these flies.

6. jerseyjay14

What are you talking about? You don't think it is odd to compare Mark's fist 6 games vs. Flacco's first 7 games when you could isntead compare the both of them through 6 games? I mean logically/statistically it doesnt make sense to do it.
    Are those suppose to be good numbers? he also had 10 fumbles, 8 lost. I'm sorry but I don't consider 26 turnovers to be something to brag about. He had a 78 QB rating and completed 56% of his passes. those are below average numbers. He was NOT good in 2011, sure he wasnt as terrible as the other 3 years of his career, but he still as bad in 2011.

- He was 22nd in QB rating, sandwiched between Ryan fitzpatrick and kyle orton.

- He was 24th i completion percentage, sandwiched between colt mccoy and christian ponder.

- he was 31st in turnovers, between ryan fitzpatrick and rex grossman

he wasnt good. so lets stop pretending like that his 2011 season is something for him to pound his chest over. at BEST it was a below average season. in most peoples eyes they would say it was a bad one

7. jerseyjay14

The run game didn't carry us against san diego and Cincinnati? mark threw for a COMBINED 280 yards and 2 scores in those games.

We ran for 340 yards and 3 scores combined in those 2 games. the defense also only allowed 14 points in each contest. to say our run game didint carry us in those playoffs game is beyond idiotic.

Are you joking me? crediting sanchez for winning that game? How about our defense held a peyton manning led colts team to 16 points, and held manning to a Fg on the final drive keeping the jets in position to win the game. Not only that, but the colts wouldnt even have had that field goal if sanchez didnt miss a wide open keller for a first on 3rd and 5 the prior series.

sanchez threw for 180 yards that game. he did next to nothing. hell it took a great catch by edawards on that sanchez throw to set up a long field goal. then it took a great kick by folk.

8. nyjunc

keep citing stats w/o context, it really helps your weak argument.

try reading, I said our ground game carried us that 2nd half BUT w/ the game on the line the pass game finished it off.

9. jerseyjay14

LoL, context?

@Cincy

down 7-0 and having just 1 first down in the first quarter shonn green rushed for a 39 yard touchdown to tie it at 7. Jets did not pass the ball once on that drive. The on the ensuing position, revis intercepted palmer returning it near midfield. sanchez made a nice play fake and threw a 20 yard pass to keller who broke 2 tackles and ran another 25 yards for the TD. Jets dominated T.O.P. and ran for clsoe to 100 yards by halftime.

The jets ran the ball on 11 of their first 13 plays to start the second half, racking up 5 first downs and killing most of the third quarter. then, after a cincy FG, the jets rushed on 5 of their next 7 plays, and thomas jones put it away with a 9 yard touchdown.

sanchez would attempt just 2 fourth quarter passes, as the jets D/run game controlled the quarter to seal the win.

no, it didnt. a great catch by edwards and clutch field goal by folk finished the game off.... right after our D held the colts last drive to a FG, allowing us to win it on a FG of our own.

#69 jerseyjay14, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  10. nyjunc

until that TD run b Greene we weren't running it well and basically our good ground game consisted of 2 long runs by Greene. The QB was near flawless. we didn't throw in the 4th b/c we held a double digit lead much like SD a week later.

Did the ball passed to Braylon magically appear or did a QB throw it? a clutch FG? Mark and the pass game set up a chip shot to win it.

Our D just GAVE UP ANOTHER LATE LEAD.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Dude, he's Captain Context. Just ignoring him is the best course of action...

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i cant figure whats worse here,

the orginal o.p. or the fact that junc turned it into another sanchez thread?

13. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Not to take sides here...but the first quarter w one first down or whatever....I seem to recall a perfect 50 yard bomb that went through the hands of mr. butterfingers, would have been a TD....and the great catch by edwards set up a 32 yard fg...not long by anyone's standards...

Carry on...I just had to point this stuff out

#73 AlmightyRevis, Apr 30, 2013
  14. jerseyjay14

We had THREE possessions prior to that Green touchdown... its not liek that TD came late in the 4th. And on top of that, prior to the green score we ran it 9 times for 35 yards. thats not horrible.

he wasnt flawless, he simple wasnt asked to throw, because when he throws bad things happen. we didint throw in the 4th because we didint want him to screw it up for us. we ran on 3rd down EVERY single time it happened in the 4th, becasue we didint want to risk a mark throw.
    Braylor made a fantastic catch on an awful pass. folk made a great kick. had nothing to do with sanchez. The defense gave us a chance by holding indy to a field goal after sanchez missed a wide open keller on 3rd and 5 which would have prevented indy from even having a shot to win.

we held a manning led colts team to 16 points. trying to put blame ont he defense there is idiotic.

sanchez road our defense, run game, and special teams.

but hey keep moving the target.

15. jerseyjay14

yeah, that was a big drop. on the flip side, cincy had 2 dropped picks in the second quarter.

16. nyjunc

through the first 3 possessions:

8 rushes25 yds, 3.1 YPC
    9 pass attempts. 6/9 46 yds

The throw by Mark to Braylon was basically perfect, you just don't understand what you are watching if you are criticizing that throw.

Sanchez missed Braylon deep not Keller and this was after Holmes dropped an easy catch for a 1st down on a 3rd down- we got lucky w/ the running into the K penalty after that play.

The only thing I am trying to move is your football knowledge up to pop warner level.

17. jerseyjay14

lol, keep moving the target. first it was "we didnt run well before that greene touchdown". but now tis we "didnt run well the first 3 possesions" ignoring the 8 yard run that came before the greene touchdown.

it also ignores the other 140 rushing yards we had after that. somehow the running game didnt carry us because it wasnt great our first 3 possesions? we ran all over cincy. we ran for 2 scores. and we closed out the game with defense and the run game.

just like we did in san diego, where sanchez threw for just 100 yards and greene again had a monster run to get us a score.

sanchez 280 pass yards. run gamed 340 yards in those 2 games. 28 total points allowed in 2 games. yet somehow our Defense/run game didint carry us?

you need to stop playing techmo bowl and learn the game. you are a complete moron who just rides sanchez nuts. he sucks. he was the worst QB in all of football and statistically one of the worst in league history.

he will be cut, then you can go root for his new team in the arena league

18. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Those numbers are totally meaningless. What a joke !, lol.

If you take Eli Mannings first 4 years in the league you could have bundled up with the other QB's you mentioned. His was a rating of 71! average those 4 years.

That's about as ludicrous as saying that Grossman or Fitz would have taken the Jets to the AFCCG. No one can assume that would be the case.

What nonsense.

Bottom line is that Mark will have a chance to take the helm for 2013. If you don't believe that, it's apparent you think Woody's going to just toss 8 mil in to Mark's pocket and have him sun tan at the beach in S. Cal? LOL!

#78 BomberJet, Apr 30, 2013
  19. nyjunc

clearly you aren't that bright. before the Greene TD and the first 3 possessions are the same thing.

stop looking at blind #s, Sanchez played an excellent game at SD. The difference for both teams was the play at QB, Rivers made the big mistake and rookie Mark Sanchez did not.

Nowhere did I not say the D/run game were not vital but no one carried mark Sanchez. he was a vital part of both runs, w/o him we do not win 4 road playoff games.

20. rsmehta

rsmehta Active Member

I don't know why everyone is so down on the Jets this coming year,

Last year we went 6-10

From last year to this one
    We have

Improvement in WR(we were so thin last year, and Holmes is back)

Improvement in QB(Pretty sure we hit rock bottom last year, even if Sanchez takes the field, he almost can't be worse than he was last year)

Probable Improvement in Oline(Brian winters and other new rookies to certainly be better than Hunter/Howard)

Improvement in CB with Millner

Improvement in Dline

Improvement in RB

Hopefully better OC as well
    ---------------------------------------------
    The only area where I believe we really regressed is in S(we didn't even have a healthy Keller for the season).

Why does everyone expect us to go 4-12 in 2013 when we were in the postseason hunt till Week 16 last year.