The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Really? What's your plan this season? Play David Garrard??? I'm sure Idzik had visions of the playoffs dancing through his head when he made that magical signing.

2. John

John Active Member

Can someone post me a link to Zach Rogers highlights i only found 1 play of his where he burned David Amerson

3. Combustible Rextible

Here you go.

http://youtu.be/FTZZh4cKfXs

I don't think he's a #1 but he was good in college. Notice the play at 12:02 where he doesn't butt fumble.

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Some good stuff there, seems like he took advantage of a lot of blown coverages which may not happen as often in the NFL. He threw some nice ones into a tight window which is great when it works but if he's forcing throws into double and triple coverage it could lead to more incomplete passes or turnovers. I'm also wary of highlight reels of any player as they can make anyone look good. Hell, there are probably Sanchez reels that make him look like Elway.

Are there any specific games? I was watching clips of all his throws from certain games but maybe they were games that he didn't play well.

So, yeah, still not blown away and 100% convinced.

5. John

John Active Member

On like related videos on the side i saw a couple games of his i watched him vs LSU in 2011, um him vs Baylor in 2012 those are some game tapes... I dont think he plays bad in them IMO

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Watch this one that someone posted before...Some diehard Chiefs fan made a whole video dissecting Geno's passes during the games so they could get the first pick with him

[youtube]FTZZh4cKfXs[/youtube]

#566 Poeman, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  7. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Anyone comparing Smith to VY has clearly never watched him play. Smith is a pure passer and a good one at that. Young was a shitty passer with a run 2nd mentality that could make some plays.

I love this pick. At worst it will be something to light a fire under Sanchez' ass because we've clearly never had a QB who could do that.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ok here are some good ones

Geno vs #12 Oklahoma
    [youtube]LZCPd5u6f3c[/youtube]

Geno vs #15 Clemson in Orange Bowl
    [youtube]GB5OW9i7KHs[/youtube]

And obviously his game vs #25 Baylor...the 8TD game
    [youtube]bF7F59WJrTU[/youtube]

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If Marty can fix Sanchez and Geno lights a fire under his ass and he plays well we can probably trade him for something like a 3rd or 4th rounder but if not we can cut him and move on

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see some stats on his completions for certain distances. Seemed a lot of the throws were within 5 yards of LOS and his receiver just did a good job with YAC. His deep balls were also pretty good but the intermediate ones (say 10 to 25 or 30 yards seemed very poor).

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I watched the Gruden QB Camp on Geno the other day and it was really interesting. People seem to disregard Geno has a smart kid. The way he handled that entire process with Gruden was awesome. He comes prepared and knows what he's talking about.

One thing is for certain, anyone who wants this guy to fail is a buffoon. We could finally have the QB we have desperately been looking for.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is good, unlike Sanchez...Geno takes full responsibility when his team loses

[youtube]3Ob1mW9VWDc[/youtube]

13. BTC

BTC New Member

Get pissed......I don't fucking care......I still wanted Nassib. Especially as low as he fell.

Fuck Geno.....he'll have the starting job before the season is over and he'll be gone within 4 years and we'll be starting over again. He IS NOT THE GUY.

14. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

I've been trying to wrap my head around what exactly this team is doing. I'm not going to judge Geno Smith's prospects as an NFL QB, but can anyone really say John Idzik is making these selections? At first I thought Rex Ryan was a dead man walking, but with this selection it appears to me has a new QB to build a team around. You don't take Geno Smith if you think you're going to hire a new head coach in the foreseeable future. It doesn't make sense. But again, it really didn't make much sense to fire the GM and not the head coach. Rex Ryan has Woody Johnson's ear.

15. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

has anyone ever gone on that show and not look prepared? that show is just that..a show.

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Geno haters may want to store this GIF for future use. It will probably replace the Sanchez cry-boys in time.

[​IMG]

17. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

You obviously did not watch the show this year. Gruden went hard on Glennon and pretty much exposed his numerous flaws. All Glennon could do was nod and take notes. It's not a hype parade. Gruden is brutally honest with them.

18. BleedGreenDaily

Not really but sure if it fits your fantasy then YouTube and gruden will show you to a franchise QB...

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't think Idzik cares one bit nor should he. If he thinks Ryan should be fired he will fire him and if not he won't. If he does fire him he will only replace him with another coach he wants regardless of whether that guy likes Geno Smith or not. As far as Johnson firing Ryan he didn't deserve to be fired and that is why he is still here. He went to the championship game in his first two years and when is the last time (or first time) and Jets coach has done that. Tannenbaum should have been fired years ago and it finally caught up to him. His picks were horrible, his loss of picks unbearable and his contracts in recent years ludicrous. Giving both Sanchez and Holmes extensions last year so they wouldn't cry is what put him on the street.

#579 Don, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

God, these tits that go to the draft are so embarrassing. Behaving like morons.