Sporting News: First draft grades foe all 32 teams in

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rajensen088, Apr 28, 2013.

1. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Please go away... again...

2. RKO

RKO New Member

This is ridiculous, we drafted three potential pro bowl players yet end up with a D? LMAO!

If I told you that your team was going to draft the best CB prospect, top 3 DT prospect and #1 ranked QB all in one draft, you wouldn't be saying anything bad about the draft, regardless of what team you cheer for.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

mel kiper gave them a B

casserly on nfln said he loved their draft

its subjective based on the draft boards. so the shunshiners will find the good grades and the darksiders will find the bad ones.

what exactly is the point of this thread? or is it just to troll?

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You could have told people anything and regardless it would be meaningless. As our own GM likes to point out this is a competition. Idzik isn't just building competition on the Jets he is in competition with 32 other GM's.

Ever team in the NFL has improved some aspects of their roster through FA and the draft and almost everyone lost some roster strength through FA. It's a competition and us having a good draft means nothing in a vacuum. It's how did we do comparatively to the competition.

5. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

The success of this draft is based solely on our second round qb? Even when we had 2 first rounders and 5 other picks? I guess 2006 was an unsuccessful draft since our second round qb (Clemons) didn't pan out.... Douche...

6. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Draft grades the day after a draft are flat out idiotic. Until guys take the field, it is quite frankly useless to even grade a draft.

The Jets might have had an "A" draft or an "F" draft. But until Milliner, Geno, etc.. take the field, no one has any clue how good the draft actually was.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Speaking of Clemons. If you looked at tape of Clemons throwing the ball and Geno throwing the ball Clemens may well have rated higher.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

jaws was very high on clemens that year.if he hadn't gotten injured he would have had a 1st round grade. than he would have been a bust

9. BleedGreenDaily

I really don't care about a draft grade when the guys have not sniffed the NFL field yet.

10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The sporting news is right, however, about Richardson. He is a one gap player best suited for the 4-3, which RYAN does not play and won't play regardless of what he says now. That means that Richardson will be a rotational player behind Coples and MoWilk. The #13 pick in the draft should never be a rotational player, especially with all the holes on the jets roster. Richardson will see the field about as often as Demario Davis did last year.

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan runs a hybrid defense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/08/03/hyping-the-hybrids/
    Has been like that for awhile.

Not sure how anyone gives the Jets a D. The Jets managed to get 3 guys that were projected for the first round, and 2 that were projected to go into the top 10. Geno was a steal where the Jets got him. Who knows if he will end up being good or not, but he was the best QB prospect in the draft according to the "experts" doing the mock drafts. Now some of those same experts turn around and say the Jets had a bad draft when they got Geno in the second round. Too funny.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

Let's officially grade a teams draft before the season even starts haha

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We got 4 potential starters I'm sure as hell happy about our draft.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

You guys don't understand how important draft grades are. Look at how the Cs the Seahawks have gotten in the last 2 drafts have held them back as a franchise.

16. BleedGreenDaily

Well if they didn't get lucky with Russell Wilson who knows how they would have turned out.

17. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

CBS Sports every year publishes its original draft grade and its revised draft grade for all 32 teams. They have published their original and revised grades on the 2010 draft:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...-draft-3-years-later-some-big-hits-and-misses

NY Jets 2010 Grade: B

The skinny: The only player from this draft who is projected to start -- and it's iffy -- in 2013 is guard Vladimir Ducasse. But so far he's been a disappointment. First-round pick Kyle Wilson has been the nickel corner, a role he's handled well, and could be a starter if the team ships Darrelle Revis. Third-round pick Joe McKnight is a backup running back and return man.

How I did: I liked the pick of Wilson to be a nickel corner. The move I questioned was drafting Ducasse, and that has played true. My third-day gem was McKnight and praised his speed and ability to amp up the return game.

Re-grade: F

18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I've been coming around more to these picks.

Anyone who says we don't run a 4-3 either doesn't watch the Jets or doesn't know what a 4-3 is. The Jets run the 4-3 plenty of times. We do not run a 3-4 defense. Calling our defense a 3-4 defense is outdated terminology for what we do. We run a variable defense. We change it up every game, every quarter. It's why our defense continues to be successful every season. Offensive game planning against us is a nightmare because you never know what the hell is going to go on.

I don't think Dee Milliner was drafted to replace Revis. He was drafted to replace Cro as the #2 CB and a shutdown CB at that. Cro has stepped up and has played extremely well as a #1 CB. Cro has replaced Revis and he proved last season he can do it.

What's happening with Gino Smith, God only knows. Watching him in Gruden's camp made him look amazing. A lot of the work he needs to do is just refining some technique which is a lot easier than teaching someone to be smarter.

We got a lot of offensive-line help which we needed desperately.

We got a lot of stop-gap RBs in FA.

Our WRs, if everyone is healthy and Hill can figure out that dropping problem of his, is serviceable.

We still just need some safety help and LB help on defense and a real TE.

19. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Since when are the Seahawks this ideal organization? Pitt, NYG, NE, GB, Atl, Bal, SF, NO. I love how jets fans talk about Seattle as some be all team now that our GM was their cap guy.