The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

who said that? i haven't seen or heard 1 person say he is a good pick because he likes to read. i can understand people disagreeing with the pick based on value and skill but it is starting to get to troll like levels with posts just like this one.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Listen darksiders as long as the Jets develop Geno he will be successful but if they throw him to the wolves he might not be

I'm interested to see what MM and David Lee can do with him

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Have you ever posted anything of substance here?

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I think Geno needs to add some strength to his core and legs and then he'll be able to drive the ball better down the field.

As long as the hop in the pocket is removed and he goes from drop to read then escape and check down or run he'll be fine. He's the kid that keeps TO's down and rarely takes sacks but he does have to become a risk taker at times to win in the NFL and with our defense he doesn't always have to worry about playing it safe

5. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

You're comparing a 5TH OVERALL PICK to a second round pick

6. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

I didn't think a dude could be so annoying beyond words on a message board, but goldenshowers is proving me wrong.

I'm not particularly fond of the pick but i'm getting sick of reading the dude's hate for geno and the same argument post after post about air raid offense qbs translating into the NFL. Well our last QB that came from a pro style offense didn't work miracles so quit the b_tchin.

This dudes gonna be the poster child of this message board if Geno Smith somehow reaches his potential.

7. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Im xpecting Nacho to be the sqb unless geno is off the charts. The NYJ have no incentive to open w/GS+ GS could benrfit from a slow emersion into the NFL. IOW if we R gonna pay Nacho regrdless, have him play - if he kicks ass - exend him. if he blows, cut Nacho. ~ Great positioning by the NYJ.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Pre-Draft Chat with Mornhinweg

Judging by his comments, I'd say there is a very good chance G**o starts.

[YOUTUBE]nic9qH7mc6Q[/YOUTUBE]

edit: Could you move this back please as it's NOT solely about Geno Smith, its about what we can expect from our offense.

#508 gustoonarmy, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If only the Bills would have stayed at 8 and took that qb we could have had Austin to go with him. That would have been great.

10. BleedGreenDaily

Sadly the Bills made all the right moves... And we got left with a very questionable QB but nothing else on offense.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yea, it's not like we added a few oline or a running back during the draft.... :breakdance:

12. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

As down as I am on Geno I would be even more pissed if we Drafted Manuel, especially with a first rounder. Smith was a bad call but at least he was a bad call in the second round.

13. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how everyone can bitch about this draft. Think about it this way.
    Round 1-Pick 9: (Dee Milliner) We get the best CB in the draft and allow Kyle Wilson to move back into the nickel spot where he excels.

Round 1-Pick 13: (Sheldon Richardson) We get arguably the best DT in the draft and easily the most athletic one. You want to dominate the trenches? Hard not to with Mo, Q, Ellis and Richardson. Don't sleep on Garay and Harrison either, solid players.

Round 2- Pick 39: (Geno Smith) We get the best QB in the draft with a huge upside. If a guy who was considered a top 5-15 pick falls into your lap at 39, it's great value. Sanchez haters should love it.

Round 3- Pick ?: (Brian Winters) This guy can probably start as a rookie which is awesome to get out of a third rounder. He may not be the most athletic, but he can definitely end up being a cornerstone for this franchise.

Now, we also added Chris Ivory, who looks like Marshawn Lynch 2.0 (honestly, go watch some tape on him) and Oday Aboushi who some saw as a 2-4 round pick in the fifth. This draft screams value and BPA. I hope we draft like this every year.

14. BleedGreenDaily

EJ was higher on every coaches draft board. We would have grabbed EJ if he had fallen to us. Eagles would have grabbed him before that. EJ has the head on his shoulders to handle NY, Geno doesn't.

15. hendersg

hendersg New Member

This is a moron franchise

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Where did you come up with the idea that geno can't handle ny?

17. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Fixed..........

18. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing, Geno seems about as hard-nosed as it gets.

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Cause thats what the talking heads on nfl network are saying, must be true

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Its cool that you had every every coaches draft board, can you tell me where Oday Aboushi ranked on every teams board?