The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. harkin

harkin Member

Was listening to Mad Dog today and thought I heard Adam Schefter say that after interviews with Smith about half the teams said "No freaking way" he came off as such an a**-clown.

If so, ya kinda wonder what kind of team you could build around him.

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I LOVE THIS. Great value, huge upside. He fell right into our laps, no way you couldn't bite.

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Because you can really base how a player is going to play based off an interview or two? Actions speak louder then words and not everyone is an extrovert or a good interviewer. Look at the bright side at least, no more Tebow and Smith can't be any worse then Sanchez.

4. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Geno's Negatives are being completely exaggerated. He sulked in one game where he lost to a highly ranked opponent. The guy was a clear leader of the mountaineers and was a solid citizen on and off the field. He got in no trouble he was a standup guy and he was renowned for his work ethic. He will come in and do well. If you want to question his fumbles or maybe his late-season slide, that's fair. But saying he's immature's just not an accurate depiction of his college career.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We have more shitty QB's on this roster then we have starting caliber offensive lineman.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

If that's the case then I'm all for this pick.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

May be we need to accept the fact that Idzik, unlike many of the haters on this board , is drafting for the long term. Nothing wrong with taking a shot on a QB that could turn out to be the next Wilson. You take the shot when you have the chance. We keep him on the bench this year, we see how Sanchez performs, and we see how Smith matures. If we got the QB we were hoping for, we hit jack pot, and next year we draft some stud playmakers on offense.
    If not, then next year will be QB again and offensive playmakers.

The option that we could daft the number 1 QB next year is still wishful thinking in my opinion.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The jets are already talking about releASINg mark sanchez according to talk on espn sal pal

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Is that really the best we are hoping for? I want a franchise QB, not a guy who isn't as bad as Sanchez. Sadly I think too many Jet fans want Sanchez gone so bad they are willing to accept this mediocre 4th round talent last year as their QB. His athletic ability alone isn't going to get him far in the NFL because everybody is a great athlete and gimmick offenses don't work.

10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

All we can do is pray it is true

11. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Watch his Combine Interview. He seems like a pretty respectable guy. Are you referring to his personality, or his ability to understand plays?

12. stigga

stigga New Member

Well said. Feel same way

13. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

He can be a model citizen, but he sounds immature in his interviews. That's all I'm saying. Hopefully his little slide will humble him and put that proverbial chip on his shoulder and he will be the QB we're looking for. Right now, he doesn't seem like an inspiring leader with the mental toughness to handle the NY media onslaught when he makes some mistakes. I really hope he proves me wrong.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How is that a gimmick offense? Watch youtube highlight films on him. There is a ton of them where he is throwing NFL-like passes on outs and deep balls. I hope he proves a lot of people wrong. The only that semi scares me about him is he doesnt seem to be really mentally tough and in NY, that is a must have.

15. harkin

harkin Member

Well, it's not me saying that, it's NFL coaches and personnel staff who have studied thousands of players and said he made enough of a negative impact that they wanted no part of him. To me that at least is a huge red flag, to you it is meaningless.

Time will tell and these boards will be a reflection of the outcome.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

His team mates and coaches will beg to differ. No one worked harder to prepare than him, and he was humble by the most part.

17. k311

k311 Member

why in the hell would we do this? He's already costing us 13mil on this years cap, we need to add another 5 mil hit to next years cap too?

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Agree 100%.

anything is better than #6.

this does NOt stop the jets drafting a QB next year if they go 4-12

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Geno became a pussy waiting for a call. Crying and shit.

20. k311

k311 Member

it does make this a waste of a second round pick.