The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Could not have said it better.

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Level of competition? He played in the big east... It's almost FCS football.

3. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I'm not against the pick, but I'm not completely sold on it either. They should really do the smartest thing and let Geno sit for a year before throwing him in week 1, it was a mistake to let Sanchez start from week 1 of his rookie year. Let Geno sit and learn, maybe bring him in at the end of the season if the year goes disastrously. I expect Tebow to be off the roster at least, and we might see a 4 QB depth chart in 2013 with Garrard/Sanchez, Smith, McElroy.

4. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

5. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

You don't have to admit it, but I guarantee you people who truly followed FBS find the pick laughable. People whose biggest understanding of football is from watching the Jets and the last joke QB we picked (also hated that pick), and just are thrilled to be able to move on, like the pick.

Go to ANY college football board of a big time program, a die hard board, and ask them if they think Geno Smith is a franchise QB. They'd laugh at you.

6. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

You express yourself so well. I found your response informative and inspiring!

7. klarkkent44

klarkkent44 Member

i wouldve been pissed to get a qb in the first round but getting the best qb prospect in the draft in the 2nd round where he was the BPA is great value.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

9. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

we asked our OC and he loved the guy! He was at his pro day and was in awe. However, with your experience you should apply for the job!

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

We made some good moves this week

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

drafting a QB without addressing any of the holes on offense is like putting on a condom after sex

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Too bad he became a pussy in the pros, who is afraid to throw it more than 8 yards. Oh, and obviously he can't read a defense.

13. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Seriously. How retarded is the logic some fans show on here? Unbelievable. "We should've just got Bridgewater next year, wahhhhhh!" Yeah ok..

14. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Terrific move. I think we have seen the Last of Sanchez, Unless this lights the fire under his ass that no one has been able to do yet. Even if Sanchez beats him out in Training camp, I guarantee that Geno gets in for wild cat plays or some option plays. Id except 2013 as a Tune up season , if this means winning the big one.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Not sure what to think of Smith but the Jets did okay with Sanchez as a first year starter and Smith seems much smarter and is a better overall athlete. Don't like his long stride throwing the ball but Sanchez has the same issue. Unlike Sanchez he isn't going to cost us an arm and a leg.

Seems like a pretty low risk high reward pick. You would have to believe Morningwig watched him maybe worked him out and signed onto this.

16. 85inthehall

Cimini just tweeted that the Jets are thinking of cutting Sanchez -- $17 mil cap hit and Tebow stays

17. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

People who don't like this pick are probably the same people who still have faith in Sanchez. Not saying they're wrong for it, just saying thats probably the divide.

18. 85inthehall

Sanchez getting cut costs $17 million -- should have gone RB in 2nd and build up some weapons for an offense that does what it does with our QBs this year.

19. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Smith seems smarter? Kid makes Sanchez look like Einstein, and has less experience reading defenses.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Didn't anybody ever tell you you build a team around a QB and not the other way around?