Jets trying to move up in 2nd round for QB **MERGED 3x**

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 26, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

they didn't keep their love for Austin in the dark and it likely cost us.

2. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

They should make this move. I don't really understand all the hate for Geno Smith. Not to mention we are getting him in the second round. What if the cards don't fall for us next year like everybody here believes they will, and we don't have the option to draft Bridgewater or Manziel?

I would like this move.

3. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

no to geno at any pick.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I have to disagree with you there. It would only be wasting if we missed on both of those picks. I have no problem spending 2 picks on two QBs if one of them turned into a franchise QB.

People can debate all night on this forum, but the truth is, no one really knows how these QBs will perform in the NFL until they step out there on Sunday. Is there a franchise QB still available in this round? Maybe.

Our QB situation is so bad right now that I will definitely back a decision by Our GM if he thinks there is one available. And moving up 6 spots is a small price to pay to get one.

5. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

then we take aaron murry.:beer:

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Tank 2013 season and go QB next year. Jets would be nuts to go QB this year.

7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Please for love of god if we do take a quaterback take Geno and not Nassib or Barkley. Would rather stand pat and take Ertz or Allen but if Genos there whatever just not Nassib or Barkley please

8. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

I would take Geno over Murray. This guy has been safe with the football, consistent and accurate- all the while playing for a team that has an atrocious defense.

I am curious. What are the serious flaws you see in Geno Smith's game?

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Let's just the Jags snag him and that's that. It's not that I'm anti Geno (although I don't see his game translating well to the next level) but I'm not a fan of trading any picks to move up. You know we'll overpay as well... we always do.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The season won't be great no matter what they do or who they draft but with Ryan calling the defense again it will probably be just good enough not to have one of the top three picks..then what, tank another season and another season and another until you get the pick for the guy you want?

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Yup, gotta love that. The Bills leak they're interested in Nassib or Barkley, then pick EJ. It leaks that we're interested in Austin and we really were interested in Austin. Doesn't someone on the Jets staff understand how this works?

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

If we take Geno in round 2 at 39...I am happy with it. But this means we owe an commitment to Smith, especially if he isn't the week 1 starter and is a project QB and thus we can't go and get a QB next year. Take Clowney is we're terrible, take M. Lee or whatever WR, take a OT if Austin Howard bombs, take a ILB if Davis/Harris sucks. Just no QB if we take Geno. Stick with a plan and ride it out no matter what.

Panthers did this and took Clausen in round 2, set him up in a terrible position to not succeed and then took Newton with the 1st pick and Clausen/2nd round pick was a waste. Don't do this.

13. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Good point. Although I read that less as an unintentional leak and more as a gambit to get someone, like STL, to trade up with us; under the assumption that the Bills would stay where they were and take a QB.

Regardless, not keeping their mouths shut did cost them, you're right.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

murray sucks. I don't want a QB that loves to buckle under the pressure. He will likely be a 3rd rounder next year anyway. The grass isn't always greener like that.

15. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Jets Luck:
    1. Trade up for and draft Geno
    2. Geno experiences at least moderate success, Jets still suck
    3. Jets pass on drafting a QB in '14 (or trade down)
    4. Geno flames out, Teddy dominates.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Next year is always better...

If we win 5 games next year like you say, you can cross Manziel and Bridgewater off that list. Then it comes down to Boyd and maybe McCarron... neither who seem like players you must wait for.

17. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Sources say the Jets are trying to trade up for Mark Sanchez's replacement. Story ยป

http://espn.go.com/newyork/?topId=9215061

So apparently they are thinking Geno Smith. Not really sure how I feel about this. I'm kinda hoping this is just a smoke screen and we rock with QB's we already got on the roster and wait for a better one next year

18. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

In our horrible history, with as many great QBs that have been drafted and missed by us one of the worst franchises in the NFL, why would you ever assume Terry Bridgewater would ever drop in our laps?

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not just no, fuck no.

Please be a smoke screen.

20. BleednGreen247