Im done.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by laxin, Apr 25, 2013.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

blame it on schottenheimer

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

Oh.

That mother******! I forgot he was on the Rams... That changes everything.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What is really burning me is this idea that we went with BPA in both spots. Even if we go with the idea that you draft for BPA as opposed to filling needs am I alone in thinking that Warmack would have killed two birds with one stone at #9? He was probably BPA at 9 and would have filled a need. Obviously Idzik.... I mean Rex thinks that if we neglect the OL long enough teams will just feel sorry for us and stop blitzing and rushing the QB. Warmack is a 10 year starter in the league and we passed on him for a CB a position we could have filled later in the draft with a guy who probably isn't that much less than talented than Milliner.

Warfard is a solid Guard prospect but after him the drop in guards is fairly large. What really burns me up is we have Vlad starting at one guard and nobody at the other. I don't even think Vlad should be on the roster let alone start. Fucking scary.....

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

if it happens, see you later but leave your avatar with us.

5. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I have too calmed down from last night

To start off with I was never offended by the idea of taking Millner. Wasn't my top choice but he was an elite player and we had a need at corner. It's that simple.

People freak out about drafting a corner after trading Revis, but we did select Kyle Wilson after we had acquired Cro. Let's be realistic, Millner projects as a VERY good corner. What team would not like to have a very good corner. If nothing else this adds to depth which people have been complaining about for months

In Richardson thing at the time had me just depressed. Still do not think it was the right pick but once again talent wins out. Basically this pick allows for scheme versatility. I guess it means Coples will see some snaps at linebacker, which I dont really know what to think about. I dont think Ellis is going to be leaving, but the pressure is certainly on for him to perform year three which I have problem with.

Before the draft I was beyond excited to watch our defensive line scare the hell out of opposing offenses for years to come. Well those expectations went up and frankly I got no problem with it. I like being positive.

Now people freak out over the lack of offensive talent. Well their is a simple conundrum, I have issues with a rebuilding team taking skill position players if their is no one to get them the ball.

Going forward, I absolutely see the Jets taking a lineman and yes some skill position players on Day 2. I think any chance of taking a linebacker is out the window (which means they will take a linebacker). Id also expect another defensive back of some kind

6. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

I'm pretty fed up and I HATE the Richardson pick too.

BUT stop acting like we passed on the next AJ Green/Rob Gronkowski in the draft.
    At #13, I don't see how we could have improved the offense. Any offensive pick would have been a reach.

Personally, I would have went Vaccaro/Jarvis Jones/Sharriff Floyd.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

Just saying, Gronk was grabbed in the 2nd and Eifert graded out better than him. He might not be as physically dominating as Gronk, but he has some of the best hands Ive seen on a TE and he is a definite mismatch the defense has to account for. Oh yeah, and we have Jeff Cumberland currently starting there.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Blame it on Tavon for telling the media that Rex has a plan for him and blame it on Woody for telling the media that we are looking to get more explosive and add speed. It doesn't take a genius to see we tipped our hand and that someone needed to move up in front of us to take Austin.

9. Barry the Baptist

Woody should be bound and gagged in a corner somewhere

10. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Who knows, but I really hope that isn't the case...if so that is just amateur hour by the NYJ front office..I'm gonna choose to believe that it would've happened anyway, only way I can sleep at night.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The exact quote was we need to get "younger and faster" which was a dead giveaway that we were targeting Tavon Austin

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...johnson-says-new-york-jets-get-younger-faster

12. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

The fact is Cooper and Austin were probably the 2 other players on the "board" and with those players being picked up we had to go in another direction. I was pissed when chose Milliner but after reading more i guess the plan is to cut Cromartie and his cap figure in 2014. So that would leave us with Wilson, Milliner and another guy im looking out for in Cliff Harris (a former top prospect in last years draft).

As far as Richardson, im guessing we are building a 34 version of the Giants which wouldnt be horrible. If we grabbed OLB Tank Carradine in the 2nd, it would further prove my point. Corners and pass rushers i guess, and btw Richardson is a pass rusher for u idiots out there who think only 34 LBs can get sacks. Our own Wilkerson and JJ Watt have proved that not to be true .Richardson is a top 15 talent and this draft was really lacking in offensive talent, no Elite QBS, RBs, or WRs and Warmack didn't necessarily fit our system so what else did you really want the team to do.

13. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Im sorry but isn't that every teams goal in the draft, i would certainly not think it would be to get older and slower. The fact is the Rams wanted Tavon Austin and knew even before that quote that we did as well. I doubt that quote was any more motivation. And im sure the Bills enjoyed helping keep Tavon out of the AFC East as well.

14. louissockalexis

louissockalexis New Member

Truth be told, there seems to be some sort of mole in the front office who is leaking everything to the press. We hear all about the players the Jets want before the draft. You don't hear much about that from any other team. Seems obvious to me that the Jets wanted Mingo, Cooper and Austion (obviously being able to only select two of those three) - especially Mingo and Austin. So teams start to swoop in.

Same with Chris Ivory. Will it ever be possible for the Jets to consummate a trade for a player without it being all over the media first? Now there is an article saying they want Geno in the second round. "Reports" as yahoo puts it. Not that I am crazy about Geno, but the point being that the news always comes out.

About Milliner and Richardson, we clearly got players we liked, leaving Star and Floyd on the table. But we didn't get the players we wanted at the positions we needed. We got surplus players who are good, and that's important. But not what anyone was looking for from this draft. Yet Milliner and Richardson, if they both become Pro Bowlers, no one will be questioning this draft further on down the line.

#114 louissockalexis, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Not one outlet reported a peep about Richardson. Either we didn't get a player we liked, and the guys at the press conference were absolutely giddy, or there is no leak. They only quotes where from Austin himself and its painfully obvious we need speed on offense.

16. Barry the Baptist

Great... now reports coming out that we want to trade up for Geno Smith. Is this fucking team stupid on purpose? The entire goal is to not trade up and keep the picks. We got into the situation we are in because we kept trading up for players. Smith isn't a once in a generation talent like Luck or RGIII. There is a reason he fell to the 2nd round and it's not because the Bills are stupid either.

17. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

LOL at all of you who are complaining and claiming you're "done". If you're so done, goodbye. Stop posting on a message board for a team that you're done being a fan of. Yea, many of the Jets moves confuses all of us but we brought in this new GM for a reason. He has a vision for this team and that's what he's striving for. You have every right to be upset and to disagree with a move the Jets make. But no matter what you cannot control what they decide to do. So it is either deal with it and see what and why these decisions are being made, or just quit being a fan and gtfo of here.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Smith isnt a once in a generation player, but neither were Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Flacco, Kaepernick or Russel Wilson. If giving up a 5th or even a 4th gets you your future QB who definitely has the potential to be a franchise QB, then it would stupid not to do so. Geno fits in MM's offense perfectly and is BPA in my opinion. QB is the biggest need on this team and if we hit on Smith, our future could look a lot better.

And if he doesnt pan out, its not as hard to part ways with a 2nd rounder as it is with a 5th overall pick. If he doesnt show what we expect, and are in place to take Bridgewater next year, it shouldnt stop you. QBs are extremely valuable, ALex Smith the ultra game manager got a 2nd and Ryan Mallett is being talked about for a 2nd... Worst case scenario we trade Smith to a needy team for a 2nd or 3rd and draft Bridgewater or a top prospect next year. Best case scenario we have our franchise QB.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

LOL, Im here on this message board, particularly the draft board year round. I dont just show up the week of the draft. I also help run the annual mock draft. Sorry if I was frustrated over some of our picks, excuse me...

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

absolutely right. Smith or Nassib, whichever one they are high on, they need to go and get.. If they are not high on either, then draft a TE or G.