Stop Your Whining

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, SOJ is the whining about whether the team has made good or bad moves before a single down of football has ever been played.

2. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Yeah really hoping for an offensive playmaker/edge rusher we can get excited about...we'll see how it plays out

3. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

Those are good football teams. The Jets are not and have a lot of holes. Talented teams can take chances on bpa and ignore need.

Trading the best cb then drafting one immediately after is stupid. Theres a reason entire videos are dedicated to this team's ineptitude in drafting.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

holy shit this board is a disaster.
    idzick could not win last nite. the board fell horribly for him. but he stuck to his beliefs,worked the phones as long as he could and when a deal couldn't ne made he took the bpa.why is everyone upset about this. i am happy we have a guy who is willing to do what he feels is right,perception be damned.
    and i dont want to here richardson wasnt bpa. floyd has character red flags and star has the heart. even if medically cleared i am sure more thana few teams dropped him because of it. that is too scary to mess with.
    its too early to judge the picks. but if you look at the method in which they were taken you can see we have a man with a vision and the conviction to see it out without any reactionary panic to steer it off course.
    the sun is shining boys, we are going to be ok

5. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Honestly, it's nuts to argue with these picks when you think about it (unless you really wanted Warmack). Only 2 linebackers were taken, 3 receivers (2 after our picks), 1 QB, 1 TE, and no RBs. We're not fucking reaching. Relax, we'll get our offensive players.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

as bipolar as ever.....

for me the icing on the cake was bellichek getting multiple picks in a draft that is as deep as it is bipolar.

7. JetBlue

Anyone whining about the offense simply is being irrational. Everyone is claiming that this is a draft rich in mid round talent.

In the first round hardly any offensive players were drafted, meaning there are still a plethora of offensive players to draft in the middle rounds, where the talent is rich anyways. So there was no need to reach for offensive players in the first round when they will still be there later in the draft.

8. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Yesterday I was happy with the Milliner pick, but kind of upset and shocked with the Richardson pick. However, after some highlight reels, thinking, and sleep, I'm absolutely fine with it. Here's how I see it.

This team has been bad. People say "Oh, we shouldn't be drafting defense since our defense was fine last season and our offense is abysmal." However, some of you guys aren't quite getting some things. Look at last season. Sure our pass defense was still one of the best without Revis, but that's just pass defense. We still gave up big plays and choked many times during drives that we needed to stop. Come on, admit that many times we were shocked at how much our D looked like swiss cheese at many different times.

The FO recognizes that. They understand that this team need some major help. yea, our D can be called good last season, but since then we've lost some players. On top of that, the reason our D looked poor at times was because we couldn't get to the QB. What the FO is doing is revamping the defense, setting new stones to the foundation in order to assure that our D will remain good, as well as get better for years to come.

This was the smart thing to do in the first round. This team is not going anywhere next season. So, instead of immediately addressing offense in the first round like many people believed was the right thing to do, they looked a little further into the future of this organization and decided to revamp our D, adding pieces that can possibly assure that our D will remain good and hopefully someday return to elite. It is obvious that Rex, Idzik and Co. have a vision for these two guys. We have to let them do their thing and trust them before we complain. They know what they're doing, especially with Idzik in town not allowing any Tanny-like BS to happen. Let's see how these picks play out before you guys criticize them.

Now that we drafted these two guys (who do look very good), I expect that in these middle rounds we will BEGIN to address offense, but I still think they may go defense once again if there's a player they like still on the board. Rex is our head coach as of now, and it shouldn't be a surprise that this team decided to address revamping the defense first, and they will continue to do so little by little. Now they will begin to address the pitiful offense, little by little. Rebuilding takes time, and I believe that our FO knows exactly what they are doing. They have a vision.

Rather than looking at the immediate near future, we should be looking at the not-so-immediate near future, in the next 2-3 seasons when the Jets have a chance of being competitive once again. I know as Jet fans we are getting very impatient as we should be, but at this point we can't expect a fully competitive team this coming season, maybe not even next. However, that is exactly what our FO is working on. We just have to trust in our new GM and coordinators, and Rex.

Let's see what happens today as well as the rest of the draft and post-draft.
    J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!

9. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Before I even get into answering some posts let me ask all those who are just disgusted we didn't go offense with #9 and #13.

Who exactly were we suppose to draft that wouldn't have been a complete reach?

You're right about there being options there, and those options are still going to be there tonight. We would have seriously over reached at #13 had we went with OG or TE.

Truth be known we were probably targeting Austin and Cooper at #9, but they didn't fall. So we took the next BPA on our list period.

I'm not sure how you can say we're ok a DT when we were 25th against the run last year...

I honestly believe Idzik is in full control over the front office. I think this reinforces the idea that we truly did take who the NYJ and Idzik's staff thought was the BPA. I also think Idzik knows he has a great resource in Rex and knows that he can produce an elite D if given the propper tools.

10. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i like how we draft the BPA and literally every fan shits themselves and the giants take a huge fucking reach on justin pughe and everyone is like ok, what a great move.

also lets be honest, 90% of the people here are judging and haven't watched a single thing on these players

11. jlee499

jlee499 Member

THIS! :beer:

12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Dee Milliner played in 12 games and started 12 games, he's healthy and fine, stop saying he's not.
    We wont know this till after the draft or maybe not at all, but I would guarantee he tried to trade down our #13.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sure the offers came in, no doubt.

i am beginning to think sometimes its better to be down there in the mid to low 20's, let the first round shake out a bit, and do business with a team that needs to get back in at the bottom of round 1.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think he tried to trade down both picks. the clock ran down to less than a minute both times iirc.
    he did his due dilligence and did not take a deal he didnt like.
    whether picks bear out remains to be seen but so far i like his conviction

15. jlee499

jlee499 Member

I believe Idzik stated before the Draft that the Jets would be going for BPA and not always position of need.

With that in mind, Milliner was the best CB in the draft and definitely the BPA at #9, based on most of the experts evaluation. As for drafting our offensive needs... at #9 and #13, no offensive players were available that didn't mean reaching for them. I would have loved to see us trade down the #13, but no one was apparently interested.

Just my opinion. I would love to know who was available at #13 offensively...

:jets:

16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

So can you guys seriously stop your whining now?

You guys got your offensive player now, even though it will likely result in us missing out on Teddy Bridgewater and Geno
    turning into Vince Young. But hey you guys got what you asked for, OG, QB, RB.

I'd say chances are we use our 5th to get a WR or TE too.

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

If we're actually in a position to draft Teddy next year, I think you still do it if he's a RG3/Luck type talent.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I agree with that and I'm trying to be a little optomistic that since he was such a late pick they might be willing to do that.

I just seriously doubt they will. They're too committed now, if they were to take Bridgewater it's basicly like saying "we screwed up taking Geno and we don't know what we're doing".

19. JetBlue

if the Jets are bad enough to be in a position next year to get one of the top QB's, it doesn't admit any mistake if they take him. it means they have an opportunity and would be idiots to pass it up.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Just 14 of the 32 picks...