Stop Your Whining

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Clearly from watching the draft they were wrong, Richardson was 100% a Rex pick, he was not BPA, and they drafted him just because Rex fancied him, even though he does zip to address the Jets real problem which is the worst offense in the NFL.

#21 dr.velociraptor, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. dr.velociraptor

When it means completely ignoring the offense in the draft for about half a decade, yeah they can have enough. Wilson was a bust, Coples who knows, Ellis, who knows.

Yet here they are drafting more defensive players and Jets fans defending it while our offense is a disaster. SOJ you all deserve this team.

3. 518

518 Member

You may see more of Wilkerson and Coples on the outside in a 4-3 with Richardson and Ellis on the inside. I am happier with this pick than with a Mingo who may be another Maybin.

4. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

Really?????????????? Can you tell me the Jets record and success since 1997 compared to the Chargers, Lions, Redskins, Bills, Chiefs, Panthers, Vikings, Raiders I can keep going if you like?

5. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Are the Rams not rebuilding, do they have so much more talent that we do? They moved up, and then recouped their pick later in the draft...while the Jets brass was giving that bs press conference...

6. Mr. Green Pants

So, you think Ellis and Coples are iffy, but you're still aghast at the notion of adding another defensive lineman? Sound logic there, buddy.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's funny because it's people like you that are the reason the term "SOJF" even exists.

You're reading the wrong person's posts if it's logic and intelligent convo you're looking for. He's one of the same old Jet fans that would complain if we traded a 3rd for Adrian Peterson because all the Jets do is trade away draft picks.

8. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

But Mingo wasn't a possibility. Jones was and we should have just picked him and gotten a guard.

Who are our starting guards again??

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

They had and have quite a few more high round picks than we do. Not to mention they have someone that can throw to him (too bad their OC will completely misuse him). Bad comparison.

10. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Please do...and then compile a list of all those teams that have outdone the Jets in the draft since then...which is longer? The goal is not to be mediocre, its to be the best...oh and the one pick we did hit, our best hit of the past 20 years...he is gone

11. ajetsfan4ever

It's not the Offense that sucks it's the QB, So Geno Smith at 39?

12. Mr. Green Pants

Oh, I know he's an idiot. One of the worst posters I've seen in my time here. I probably shouldn't engage him, but you know, squeaky wheel and all. :)

13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

There are 16 million reasons why Revis had to go.. He's a cap killer, a marquee piece for a championship team....not for this team.

Let's hold off judgement until we see the rest of the draft unfold...

14. 518

518 Member

Jarvis Jones was my favorite player on the board with Austin gone. I agree with you.

15. ajetsfan4ever

Ok, add the Dolphins, Cardinals, Panthers, Cowboys, Falcons [only one playoff win with M.Ryan] Titans, Browns, with the other teams I've mentioned that's more than half the teams.

16. 518

518 Member

Revis is gone because Tannebaum horribly played his hand with that band aid contract. Johnson does not want to pay a corner that much money and I do not blame him. In two years you will laugh when you watch ESPN's "Revis Watch 2015" when he is asked by the Bucs to reduce his salary because he is killing their cap room. If we offered the same amount we would not be able to even afford draft picks. You are right about our previous picks, however this is Idzik's first draft with a scouting team and coach he inherited. He needs a draft or two to right the ship.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

u are right.....but where do u draw the line and say OK lets not ignore the OL and LB position - especially when good talent is there for the taking.

Go get ur corner and D lineman in rds 3 or 4.

18. AlmightyRevis

AlmightyRevis Member

Listen, I hope you and the other optimists on this board are correct, I really do...and I'm def not one of those SOJ fans, I'm usually a wait and see kinda guy...but the Revis trade has me reeling and I'm just not sure we're heading in the right direction. But I'll keep rooting and hoping because I'm a fan till the day I die, just become a bit painful to do recently.

Making it worse I really wanted Austin and or Jarvis Jones last night and they both felt so close. Granted I'm not a scout of GM, I know that, lets hope I'm wrong

19. dr.velociraptor

No it's the offense...

20. 518

518 Member

Those were the two guys I wanted as well. Jones has the spine thing which is very scary and the Rams just snuck up there and got their guy because they knew damn well we were going to take him at 13. Idzik stuck with his board and got two of their top 4 (other two being Warmack and Austin). I'm excited for what rounds 2 and 3 bring tonight