horribe 2 picks in the first....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Apr 25, 2013.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It will be more like T/CB/DT/CB. Maybe a white safety from obscure school at the end there instead of CB. But it will likely resemble every other year we draft.

Possibly the biggest problem this team has drafting is that they try so hard to go BPA that they don't.

2. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

Milliner was rated by many as the best defensive player in this draft.

And think why the Giants Defense has been successful? they had a bunch of good D-lineman.

Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson, Garay and Ellis sounds pretty good to me.

And there is still plenty of good offensive players left, we will probably get one at #39, maybe the TE from Wisconsin, or is he from Stanford?

#102 ajetsfan4ever, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Exactly.....

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Why not take the players that play positions we need the least in the middle round I'm sure good CB's and D linemen have been taken in the middle rounds.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Should have just re-signed Mike DeVito or some journeyman for depth.

Is Richardson gonna make such a big difference? He's too small to be a 3-4 NT.

Should have traded back and racked up picks like Belichick. Take notes, Johnny.

6. Alpha Alpha 408

Alpha Alpha 408 New Member

What up Jet Fan?

LOL!

I've read this board for 2 weeks now.

The concensus was: The Jets trade the Buc pic (Revis) for OTHER pics...and the trade was worth while.

What do you have to say now?

Not ONLY did you not parlay them into more picks (which this talentless team needs...DESPERATELY needs...) BUT the picks you made were...questionable. At best.

Most of you have been busting on the Bucs for drafting an "injured" player.

And what do you think you've drafted in Milliner?

A MORE injured player! LOL!

Dudes got a metal rod in his leg. Torn Labrum. Hip injury. Knee scope. Butter fingers.

This is why you're the Jets. Epic suck.

Hey..at least you didn't draft a QB...but you should've...

7. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I felt the same way as u, at 1st...but this Ricdardson .....from his highlights has a mean streak & attitude that the Jets need. He will probally be the Jets best DL & Jets defensive leader.:breakdance::beer:

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It's like watching Charlie Brown trying to kick the football with Lucy pulling it away. This FO is truly SOJ.

9. BleednGreen247

jets always draft fucking dlinemen

10. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Pretty disappointing that we picked 2 guys for the D again. The CB pick is ok, the DT pick bothers me. It just shows that Idzik is a yes man, and Rex is driving the bus.
    At least the tickets are cheap this year, and should be for a year or 2 after. I'm really rooting for Rex's demise now. We need about 2 to 4 years of 4 win football, and hopefully Woody will be forced to fire him. Untill then, it's going to be a long wait till we sniff the playoffs again.

11. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

How are thee horrible picks? We aren't going to fix everything that ails us with 2 picks. Fact is we have acquired 2 excellent players, one in a position of need. Are they picks I would have made? No, they aren't. I would have gone Warmack/Jones. However, both players can end up having a rather immediate impact this season. These guys aren't bums/workout warriors like Robertson, Gholston, or Mingo (glad Cleveland took him). And this is a deep draft. There are still 6 rounds we can improve our offense with. This isn't a one year fix, either. It's gonna take a couple years to get this righted. If these guys were near the top of their board, I can't hate the picks. The didn't reach and got very good players.

12. Mr. Green Pants

GM says the entire time, "We're gonna take the best players available", does that (in accordance with team's draft board), and Jet fans act surprised because he didn't target "need" areas. Unreal.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Get back to me when Rex is using the46 to 86 Buck Frady.

14. TheGreenCantona

how does this make sense at all?

They got their BPA, which was pretty much in agreement with most observers. You want them to reach for need, which is ok, but i do not get the didn't get BPA part at all?

15. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Allowing the dust to settle we just drafted 2 studs. The problem is we needed to go offense. Where Richardson will fit? Who knows... maybe a switch back to 4-3 but he is a monster. I don't like how we trade revis away for the 13th pick and pick an unproven rookie at 9, but hey... he's young and he has all the potential in the world. What else could we have possibly have done at pick 13? I'm sorry but if we drafted a TE that would have been just as bad. There are still tons of playmakers on offense so we all need to relax. We didn't get the over-hyped Austin.... boo fucking hoo, we will end up liking both these picks, wait and see.

16. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

I get everything you're saying, but who did you want them to draft offensively? There weren't any AJ Green/Julio Jones in this draft. The only true playmaker was Austin and he was gone.

17. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Look, Milliner was not a bad pick at number 9. There are people that thought he was the best player in this draft. The problem is he is a bad pick for the Jets because he will be compared to Revis for his whole career here, and if he doesn't become a good player, the fans will turn on him.

The awful pick was Richardson, who doesn't seem to fit the scheme, was drafted to a position of strength, and in general makes no sense as a pick. When you have a glaring hole at OLB and Jones is there, you cant pass up Jones for Richardson. When you have a glaring hole at TE and Eifert is there, you cannot pass up Eifert for Richarson. It is that simple.

18. The Green Dude

They could have traded down even further and drafted him in the 3rd round.

I don't care what anyone says but Dion Jordan has bust written all over him and the Bills draft Manuel... The Pats were the typical Pats and trade away a #1 for a 2,3,2,4,5,4,2,4,5,3,2,5 and use them on duds like usual. Relax people, if anyone made a splash in the AFCE its the Jets.

19. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I had seen film of Richardson prior to the draft as was very impressed. Maybe they could have attempted to trade down a little and still get him, but if they feel that strongly about him, I'm good with it.

20. The Green Dude

Richardson wasn't going past pick 16. People seem to be stuck on the draft hype of Star and Sheriff. With Austin gone we were forced to trade or draft defense again. Simple as that.