Idzik must be planning Ryan extension

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Apr 25, 2013.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

That is only explanation for why he would take 2 head scratch defensive players in round 1--One guy who has already had 5 surgeries and another guy who plays DL (the same position as our #1 picks the LAST two years). Oh yeah, we still have rounds 2-7--Reminds me of Rich "the plumber's assistant" Kotite "explaining" on ESPN why he picked Kyle Brady when everyone else wanted Warren Sapp--"Well...we still have some picks left." I guess Idzik goes to the Rex Ryan school of defense--offense is not needed (probably because "Mark Sanchez (still) gives us the best chance to win!").

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's what I'm thinking too. Ryan gets his extension next season for at least 5 more years. Keeps IDK's boss (Woody) happy, keeps Tebow and Sanchez on the roster and guarantees the Jets will continue to spin their wheels.

Yay...

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

There is quite a difference here. This is an extremely weak draft and there was no one else left. At pick 9 there was a choice between Millner or Warmack. I wanted Warmack but its hard to complain about Millner. It is hard to argue there was anyone else any better than these two.

At 13 there was no one there. The Jets could choose a TE, Vaccarro or one of the 3 DL. They chose the DL they liked best. What's the problem here?

There were almost no offense players worth taking with these picks. A TE at 13? TE is not a position of value and there are lots of other quality TEs in this draft. Warmack is a good choice and we probably could have taken Warmack and then Millner at 13. But as much as I would like to see us build the OL we can find guards in FA. We can even resign Moore for another year.

I love that we are building our DL and got a top CB. Both are essential building blocks to building a championship team and will make our team a lot better.

I read all this complaining and just do not see the problem. Seems like a lot of whining.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There really is no problem, except a few buts got hurt because they wanted offense even if it was a reach. BPA ALL THE WAY. I like it

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Firstly, it wouldn't shock me if Ryan was up for an extension...this next season being his "audition" for Idzik.

Secondly, the only pick I have any form of beef with was Richardson at 13...and that is only a beef stick size beef. Definitely BPA as far as they are concerned. If we can snap up the Stanford TE and a QB somewhere along the line and procure Ivory from N.O. then we had a fairly successful draft. Time will tell...

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

enough about Milliner and his surgeries, he never missed a game at Alabama.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We can still adress OG, TE and RB in this same draft. We can all relax.

8. DarkKnightXIII

100% right. We are fine going into 2013 with Sanchez, McElroy and Tebow at QB with Holmes, Kerley, and Hil at WR.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ryan's defenses haven't rated outside the top ten since he was elevated to DC in Balt.

If they were trying to protect him, they would have made an effort to balance the level of talent to both sides of the ball.

The Jets can't win more then six games with what they have on offense next season. Nothing and nobody they draft in the next two days will change that, barring some absolutely stellar scouting.

Say goodbye to Rex Ryan. The Jets are slaves to the fans and media, and are too weak not to flip their CS when the skillet gets too hot.

10. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Holmes, Hill and Kerley is an ok corps. Obviously QB needs to be upgraded, could be a pick in rd 2 or 3.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

#12 truthbtold, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think that's a pile of hooey. Why hold out for a QB next season and not actually find talent to help him be successful immediately? Why select BPA at two positions that aren't direct needs when your offense is terrible? They are stockpiling talent at their strength. They will probably select at least two more defensive players.

Bet on it. And why? Because they want to be the '85 Bears? Guess what? Walter Payton ain't walking through that door anytime soon.

If they want to get rid of Sanchez, all they have to do is bench his stupid as and start Garrard.

But they probably won't. They will start him, and they will win 4 games, and they will fire Rex, cut Sanchez, and draft some unfortunate bastard to come to the Jets and wonder who these worthless a-holes are that keep dropping his passes.

Until their newly-hired hand-picked Seattle-esque offensive-minded HC finds some FA cast-off receiving talent to help him. A la Seahawks for the past 4 years.

14. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

d
    This ^ x1000

Round 2 - Ertz
    Round 3 - Lattimore
    Round 4 - Barrett Jones
    Rest of the draft - BPA

Lets face it , love him or hate him Rex Ryan is as valuable as any
    player you could draft (-QB). Being able to scheme up a top 10
    defense is so extremely valuable you don't just replace someone
    like that so easily.

Now that we FINALLY have a real OC in Marty he'll keep things in
    check. Rex can focus more on the D and managing the team.
    I really hope we don't take a QB this year. We're going to be a 5
    win team at best next year and be in good position to trade up if
    need be for a QB.

Thomas, Bray, Murray, Boyd, Manziel, Bridgewater, all of these guys are far better than the QB
    prospects in this year draft, and we WILL select one. Not to mention Clowney will be coming out
    next year clearing more room at the top.

It'll be ok, 2014 with a top prospect QB and Marty at OC and Rex running the D, Brady is a year closer to retirement, 2014 can't get here soon enough.

#14 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013
  15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It's sad when you think that Tannenbaum might have made better picks. Epic fail in Rd 1 last night.

16. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

We need to trade Manigold and start Vlad Ducasse at center and Sanchez at QB, be entertained for the whole year then draft Teddy when the time comes :cool:

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And Safety? And LB?

18. Don

You are forgetting they will be almost 50 million under the cap next year and that they can then buy the players they need. I'm sure there will be some talent hitting free agency. Everybody knew this year would be bad.

#18 Don, Apr 26, 2013
  19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

For all of you Rex and Woody lovers who kept saying that there was nothing wrong with keeping a HC when you bring in a new GM there you have it. You got your wish. This is what happens when you have a dysfunctional HC and front office. Obviously these were Rex Ryan picks. This franchise is in deep trouble. This offense is gonna be PUTRID next year. Also the scouting dept. absolutely sucks. As long as Woody keeps Rex and Bradway around this circus will continue. This franchise never ever learns.

20. Don

Were you expecting a superbowl next year? Everybody knows the team will suck next year and in 2014 we will be almost 50 million under the cap. Expect the offense to get fixed then.