Dolphins are the new Eagles

Discussion in 'Draft' started by dmw, Apr 25, 2013.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

They remind me of the Eagles of 2 years ago when they signed all those high profile free agents then had two terrible years. Let's hope the fins have a similar experience.

2. PuMa

PuMa Banned

i hate them.. i hope they go 0-16

3. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

Lol yea, we'll see about that. It's all about the QB. The Eagles sucked because Mike Vick sucks as a QB. It's all on Tannehill for us.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I don't. I hope they go 8-8 every year.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Lol well played

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

No it's 4-12 each year. Sweep the Bills and Pats, lose every other game thou.

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

They actually remind me more of the Jets under Tannenbaum than the Eagles. Big FA signings, trading up in the draft, questionable decisions all around, but getting the big/hot name.

8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

it's gonna suck playing them twice a year. Wake and Jordan are gonna kill Sanchez. but at least we have the DB's to shut them out offensively.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I'd rather them end up with a mid round pick and never make the playoffs than a top 10 pick every year. Hence why 8-8 is better. They can beat anyone they want except the Jets to get to 8-8.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

This is their GM's last chance and he knows it..if they lose again this year he is history and that could be worse for us.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

Unlike many others I'm not too high on Jordan so their draft so far doesn't scare me. Plus we just got another DB to help shut down their offense.. Can't wait to see Milliner against Wallace and Hartline.

12. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Smh that hurts even more, well it ended horribly for us so i hope the same for them :)

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

"Oh man...Dream Team..."

14. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I get what you are saying but its not the same ...

I'd agree if they payed a king's ransom to move up for Jordan but they only gave up a 2 as opposed to multiple picks. And while they did give lots of money to several players, they still have ample room to sign another free agent like Abraham or Winston if they choose. I BELIEVE that once the June 1 cuts are factored in, they have about 10-15 million in space.

The Brandon Marshall and Vontae Davis moves over the last 2 years have helped to set up this offseason.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It all depends on how Tannehill develops. The Jets signed a bunch of guys as well going into 2008 and then traded for Favre on top of it, but Favre got hurt and Sanchez never developed into the QB Rex and Tannenbaum thought he would be and they wasted a lot of those guys best years for the Jets.

The Dolphins are doing the same thing. There going all in. But if Tannehill sucks he is going to hold them back like Sanchez did the Jets in 09 and 10.

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Go back and read what was said here about trades for Cromartie, Holmes etc. Giving up draft picks is never a good thing

And they signed someone like Santonio Holmes long term even though he is not even a #1 receiver (Mike Wallace).

They signed a middle linebacker from the Ravens to a decent contract who was not even a starter for the Ravens.

They signed a piece of turd tight end named Dustine Keller

Etc, etc.

17. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

It's crazy they spent all that money yet have no LT and Martin at RT is a joke. You can have all the flashy guys on the outside but without protecting Tanniehill it's worthless.

18. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I see what you are saying but still say it's not quite the same due to the amount of space we had. To me, it seemed that Mike T. was constantly sacrificing draft picks for the sake of acquiring Cromartie, Holmes, Edwards, etc. whereas Ireland gave big money to Wheeler, Ellerbe, Wallace and got some of our own back.

I think we had a good foudation last year with 7 wins and hope for more now that Philbin has guys that fit his offense. We traded away Vontae, Marshall, and even Bess :)sad:) because they did not fit within the new program which is all about speed and versatility.

After this draft ... I am excited to see the Defense with Jordan, Grimes, Will Davis, and Jamar Taylor.

I have GOT to believe Ireland knows he has Winston / Clabo / McKinnie in his back pocket still. I preferred Winston the whole time anyway.

#18 34miami23, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

NO NO NO NO...WE DO NOT WANT THEM PICKING FIRST IN NEXT YEARS TOP LOADED DRAFT. I hope they win just enough to wind up with the #30 pick. playoffs, but no superbowl.