Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

:beer: thanks

2. gustoonarmy

Will I still be able to download the latest rosters as well ?

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I have a web/mobile app I started some work on for madden players to use while playing. If I ever get around to getting it to beta, would you be interested in taking a look?

Also, do you know if there is a csv/database floating around of all the players current stats? I have a database I built for the app, but it's based on the excel spreadsheet that EA released before the game came out.

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Let me preface this by stating I'm not that great at online play...

I haven't played in a few months, but if I remember correctly TE's were difficult to cover this year (not getting pressed?) in man, and players would take a WR and put them in at TE and just kill whomever was covering them.

I would usually counter by putting Revis in the nickleback position to cover the TE, and then I would hotroute a lineman or two into a zone where I thought the route was going. There are obvious flaws in this strategy but in general if someone keeps running their "money" play on me, I play man then try to flood wherever they're going with defenders and force them into other options.

You can also manually press as another poster mentioned.

5. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

For any of you guys having issues covering TE's the 236 defense with a CB in the 2nd spot on SS depth chart will fix the problem.

Getting killed on corner routes? 245/236/dollar use cover 4 and press it.

#245 JdotGriff, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  6. JdotGriff

This is untrue. All patches except roster updates take effect in all old/current/new CCM's

7. JdotGriff

Drop all your sliders to 0 put all the cpu sliders to 100 and start working your sliders up 5 points at a time till you find a happy spot

8. gustoonarmy

Dear god, please tell me theres a way to get different music on? Right now I've turned the volume down but can hear Ozzy etc on stadium speakers so am thinking I'm doing something wrong??

edit: Oh my god just googled my problem and am not impressed at all. 'A score' instead of bangin' beats :(

#248 gustoonarmy, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  9. dse2010

dse2010 New Member

DS - yes, I certainly would. I can't PM yet. Sign-up to my forum and respond to the PM I send you.

10. gustoonarmy

Anyone know when the rookies will be added into the rosters?

11. JdotGriff

They wont be untill M25. Most of the rookies will be available in MUT though. The ratings they have in MUT will transfer over to M25

12. gustoonarmy

This is one of the biggest problems I have with madden, unless you take the time and LOTS of effort to update each and every roster, you have to play half the year with out of date rosters, YET there is an option to let you update rosters, whats the point?
    For the amount of money this game costs and its fanbase, I'd prefer it if the release date was AFTER the draft sometime

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Madden 13 is made for the 2012-2013 season and is a yearly release. You want rosters that are for the 2013-2014 season.

could they give you the rookies? sure. They won't because there is a certain group of people who will pay 60 bucks for the newest rosters even if they aren't particularly impressed with madden that year.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Frankly though, I am amused by the existence of target audience for this garbage of a game.

Consider this - they are what I call "Rule of Madden."

1. AI cheats.
    2. Your 97 speed WR won't outrun 88 speed CB operated by AI, but AI's 88 WR will outrun Darelle Revis after Revis backed off for another 10 yards.
    3. Your OL is a dumb piece of shit. Same goes for your DL.
    4. Wide open drops. That's what your WRs are good for.

The only way you can get a sensible play out of this horseshit is playing against other people. Against the AI, it's god damn horrible.

15. JdotGriff

You need a better slider set.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Agreed, but that in itself is a problem. A user has to tune the game to fix it because it doesn't play right out of the box.

17. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Anyone play Madden online regularly? I've tried it more than a few times, but the lag is just ridiculous. Usually I just play the franchise mode offline.

18. JdotGriff

When i first started playing i probably would have agreed with you. Once i got the feel for the sliders i came to grips with the fact it was the best idea ea sports could have instituted this year.

You ask two people whats the worst game play problem in madden this year and you will prob get two diff answers.

Adding sliders ahla 2k series allows every single user out there to get the game play they want.

I mean seriously people acting like its such a hard thing to do are simply lazy.
    WR's dropping more passes then you would like bump up catching.

Oline not picking up blocks well enough bump up pass blocking.

The best part of all this is they are not generic sliders for both human and cpu AI. They separated them so each can be tuned. 10 mins of work can give you months of replay enjoyment.

Bottom line its not about fixing it. Its about each user (offline) Getting the game play that they expect from madden.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think it is fixing just because while each user can tune it, it's intimidating and no explanation given on what some levels are to the average user. You have to go online and read and learn to accurately understand how the tuners work.

What I would like is an option for users to upload their slider sets and other users able to download them and try them immediately through the game. I am 99% sure that option isn't there.