Are you cheering for Revis in Tampa?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JVilma51, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Revis? Fuk Yeah...
    TB? Hell no

It was the same when the JETS fucked over Victor Green and he came back and returned an INT for a TD...
    Everyone in my section looked at me as I stood up with a grin on my face but they
    all know that I wore his jersey and actually applauded.... was a really weird moment...lol

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

No. I don't like him. He is a wonderful player but not very likable. He is all dollar signs and ego. I cannot think of a single football player with those "qualities" that I like.

3. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I won't, I live in Tampa. Bucs games have been blacked out here for like three years now.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's an enemy of the NYJs no I will not cheer for Revis

5. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Fuck no, one of the most selfish and greedy players in the NFL.

Still we have ourselves to blame. If we had not caved in 2010,history with Revis might be much different.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha you guys sound like a bunch of children who are mad because you lost a toy...

i will root for him and i hope he continues to be reverered by everyone in the league. i hope he comes back from his knee injury and does well.

there is no reason to hate the guy. he was good enough to set his own market and he got the money he was looking for. the jets did not feel that signing him to a big deal was a smart decision. thats life... dont be a baby

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

A part of me hope he does well and another doesn't really care what happens. He's no longer on my team, it is what it is but i don't hope he gets injured or anything.

8. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Revis Who

Amen ... Hope he hobbles off the field after one series against us !!!

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I wish him complete health. Nothing more, nothing less.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

do you root for every ex-jet and hope they are viewed positively? if not, why is Revis different for you?

did you root for for Chad Pennington when he went to the Fins? he was equally, if not more, liked a Jet than Revis. What about John Abraham? did you continue to follow his career when he went to the Falcons? how do you have time to follow the Jets when you are following so many other players on other teams just because they played for the Jets.

most fans are fans of the team first, and when a player leaves the team the player becomes irrelevant to them. that isn't being a child, it is being normal. and when a player whines his way off the team like Revis, fans are going to have a little more interest in seeing him fail.

#90 JetBlue, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  11. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Ugh, I hate Al Davis and the Raiders (RIP). They created this idiocy by signing Asamough to his obscene contract and then Revis and his camp did everything they could to squeeze every dime out of the Jets that they could. In doing so it is clear that winning was never the number 1 priority for Revis, as he would never allow for the team to have enough cap to get a supporting cast. I will take solace in the fact that Tampa Bay is going to suck this year. They are far from being a contender. I spent a fair amount of time on their message boards while trying to get the pulse of tampa bay during the drawn out Revis saga and they are a bunch of gloating clowns - didn't want to give up a first for Revis and then gloated that they stole him. I won't root for Revis or the Bucs.

12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Damn! I lived there in 07-08 and they were selling out games! That's crazy!

13. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

the fuq? no .

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Revis will end up having an historical career, and I will track it. Knowing what he is.

But I'm a Jets fan. I will root for the greatness of a player I have witnessed, but I want him to get burned in week one.

Other than that, it would be something to witness, to see him continue on his current path.

I think he is better at the cornerback position than Deion was. I wouldn't mind seeing him prove it.

15. Alpha Alpha 408

Alpha Alpha 408 New Member

Man...reading these replies...you kids are hurting my feeling. LOL!

See ya week 1. We'll se how bad our perspective teams suck.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the dolphins are a different story. there is nothing that can happen to make me root for the dolphins. i do often wish guys well on other teams.

its not like i am going to be watching 8 buc games this year but i hope he does well. he is a special player and can become a great, and i hope he does.

i just dont like to wish ill will on guys simiply because it didnt work out between them and the jets.

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Cheer for Revis in Tampa? With no guaranteed money, I hope he breaks his leg tomorrow, it detaches from his body and rolls into the sewer.

18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Revis

Now He's just another player.

19. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Up until he started talking bad about the Jets after he joined the Bucs, I probably would have said yes. But I really don't like how he came out and said the jets "lied" to him.

Everything I've heard says that Idzik told him he wanted him on the team, never that he would be on the team. They want him at a certain price, not at $16M a year. If Revis doesn't understand its a business (which he clearly should given his 2 holdouts) then he can go cry about it, but don't expect my support.

Like many others have said, I will not wish ill or injury on him, but I will not be actively rooting for him unless its in the Jets best interest (vs. Pats, Bills, Dolphins, etc). I'm a Jets fan, not a Revis fan

20. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

I couldn't give two shit's about Revis in Tampa Bay.