Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah I could see that happening. Although Revis' agents must have something up their sleeve for this situation. Or maybe they were gunning for this as his last payday?

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

He'll want that contract guaranteed after two years, he'll holdout before the beginning of his third season to restructure it so the rest of his deal is guaranteed watch.

3. displacedfan

He needs leverage to do it though

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It does include that, let's say in actual pts allowed we were in the 15 range- still not very good and people remember the buttfumble but that game changed w/ an awful play by the defense and they were thrashed all game long too.

we allowed 51 pts on INT returns, fumble returns, STs returns, safties.

taking away the 51 pts we allowed 324 on D

I checked all the teams ahead of us and taking away O/STs pts allowed we would have been 15th. I didn't look at teams behind us, they could have had more O/STs allowed but this gives us a good idea of where we were.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I could not agree with you more. Please let me congratulate you for writting exactly what I thought but too angry to respond properly.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you would know stupid.

we were getting rid of revis and clearing his cap # for next year regardless. We didn't get enough in return for him.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Self loathing Jets fans who love Cimini and Myers are still whining about this?

What would you have done in this situation? And don't say an overly simplistic answer like 'MAKING SURE WE SIGN OUR BEST PLAYER'. Describe the steps you would have taken to make sure Revis stays with the team long term while helping out the team and the salary cap.

8. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Since when has Revis camp EVER given a crap about public perception?

9. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

wow

idzik fucked this situation right up.

one pick this year? are you fucking kidding me?

thats a bad deal. i dont care so much that he traded revis as much that the team got next to nothing in return for him. one pick this year and a fourth next year? are you joking? idzik fucked this up.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All your responses totally avoid addressing the core of the issue. WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE ANY BETTER THAN THIS UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES. Not to mention that he sure as hell was not worth $16M a year. No CB is. The GM did absolutely the best he could.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that just doesn't make any sense. we could only get rid of him this year to clear that cap space next season be either cutting him and getting nothing or trading him for the best we could get. there is nothing to indicate that we could have gotten more so your argument that we didn't get enough is baseless.

unless what you are arguing is not that we did not get enough of what was actually possible to get, which would then require you to show what team was actually willing to give up more, and that we simply did not get enough to make you happy.

those are two entirely different things, and what you mean to say is you would have liked us to get more and you wish other teams would have offered more.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

good thing the rest of the NFL values the 13th pick in the draft higher than nothing.

since the 13th pick is worth nothing, you would have no problem with the Jets trading it for a 5th rounder, correct?

13. displacedfan

Well I was thinking both fumbles in the NE game that happened.

Alright cool. 15 isn't great but it's not bad., but it's also hard to pinpoint that just on Revis.

The most we gave up was 35 to the Pats who could care less if Revis is on the field as they have put up 30,30,45 with him on the field. 324/16 gives us 20.25 points per game. That should be doable if we had an offense or ST to help us out. We didn't last season though. If they give up around 20 a game this year, that's perfectly fine

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Desperate? They were so desperate that they refused to give more than we got. So desperate that they held their ground with what we got and never moved an inch more.

Let me explain something to you. TB had the #13 pick. Revis, at 80%, is HUGE upgrade for them in the secondary. Now, lets think about this one for a second. They just gave away their 13th pick for an injured veteran who they hope will come back to full force, knowing that even when not 100%, will still benefit them greatly.

Let's say, for arguments sake, that the Jets and TB don't work out a deal and the draft comes up. TB just gave up their 13th pick for an injured Revis, what in God's name makes you think that they were not going to trade up in this draft and grab a guy like Dee Milliner? You could say Milliner is nowhere near Revis caliber, but for one, that remains to be seen, and two, considering how bad their secondary is, even 3/4 of what Revis is will be extremely beneficial to them.

They didn't flinch once because they knew what they were willing to give up for a higher pick if Revis didn't work out.

Trade doesn't happen. Now we are stuck with a guy who is demanding $15 million a year who becomes a free agent in 2014.

Desperate my ass. Idzik made the move at the ONLY time possible. He got everything he could. Nothing more, nothing less. Move the fuck on already

15. displacedfan

Probably not going to happen regarding our QB situation, but it would be funny if we beat TB as Revis holds Holmes to 0 catches because Hill and Kerley go off.

16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

nothing and next to nothing are different now arent they? :breakdance:

17. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

People keep bashing the number of picks without observing the relative value of those picks. #13 is a relatively high value pick. It seems like people would've been happier with multiple, crappier picks (late 1st and second or a late first+third+fifth). Nothing prevents us from accumulating those additional picks by trading down from #13.

18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

at least its a new offensive system so revis really doesnt know what to expect

19. tzinc

tzinc New Member

one high pick is ridiculous

all this does is create another hole CB on a team filled with holes:

RB TE S DL OL LB WR I wont even get into QB and now add CB

and that is assuming you get a starter out of the draft which is very iffy you are just as likely to get an ST player or career backup and of course an out and out bust is always just as possible

Jets look to be a team headed down Revis deal could have helped but 1 high pick is meaningless

20. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

for real, this deal is not good for the jets.