Rex Ryan is Fired up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Apr 19, 2013.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex is going off about the Ravens? He has more passion about his previous team than he does about the one now "coaches". I want to see him that fired up about getting our offense to score and our team to win. I want to see that passion in finding a starting QB.

I wanted to see that passion in the form of chewing Mark's ass out on the sidelines for playing like shit. That I could respect.

Instead he worries about another team's schedule.

This begs to the question of , why is he still here?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Relax.. Breathe deeply. Its too early to get upset about anything that happens with this team. Its April and I'm sure after draft day, you'll have plenty to bitch about. Between now and TC, do yourself a favor and take a vacation away from the circus that used to be the NY Jets. Go have some fun and enjoy your life. Then come back in time for TC refreshed. All of this emotion now leads nowhere and is a titanic waste of time and energy.

Enjoy your summer and worry about the Jets later.. :beer:

#2 Cman68, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Shouldn't this be in the bullshit forum?

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

That's an insult to the bullshit forum.

Just delete it.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

^ lol

I've heard Rex accused of a lot of stuff but not being fired up isn't one of them. He's probably just venting about his new minor role in the draft room, after Idzik told him just to coach and he would worry about personnel.

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

For those wondering what this is about:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/04/rex_ryan_rips_orioles_for_sche.html

Baltimore's co-tenants, the Orioles and Ravens, couldn't come to an agreement that allowed the Super Bowl champion Ravens to open up the season at home, a tradition for teams who hoisted the Lombardi Trophy in February.

Both teams have kept quiet about the spat, but on a conference call with reporters Thursday night, Rex Ryan, a former Ravens defensive coordinator, voiced his opinion.

“Well who really cares, you’ve got 81 at home, maybe you could have done the right thing and given one up and then played 82 on the road and then 80 at home,” Ryan said.

He added: “You have a chance to have the defending world champs open up the season at home where they rightfully should. That’s unfortunate.”

The Ravens will, of course, open up the season at Denver instead. But Ryan, who avoided commenting on the Darrelle Revis situation and a potential Week 1 date against Revis when the Buccaneers roll into town, had plenty to say about the Orioles.

“Certainly I can understand, if baseball only had a 16-game schedule you might understand it,” Ryan said. “But when they have 162 games, you might just have common courtesy and say, you know what, maybe I’ll play this one on the road or whatever.”

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So this was supposed to piss off some fan base here? Speaks volumes about the quality of fan base, right? After all, it is these people who feed upon the likes of Daily News and New York Post - and give jobs to the hacks that are Manish Mehtas, Steven Servys and Can-o-Lardo's.

8. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Dude. Don't make us look dumb. He's sticking up for the NFL.

9. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Ok this thread is now about creating a food drive for Rex Ryan. Seriously, we need to feed Rex, and end the AnoREXia.

It sounds silly, but Rex has had a dramatically different record since losing 100 pounds. He had his lapband surgery in early 2010 and lost 40 pounds, bringing him down to 300. By 2011 he had dropped nearly 100 pounds and was no longer fat Rex.

Here are the records:

Fat Rex (09-10):
    24-14

Moderately Obese Rex (11-12):
    14-18

So we need to hire a ninja team to cut his lapband. Or maybe we can do a food drive and get like 100 tacos delivered to his house since Mexican is his favorite food.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Count me in. Rex! Get fat! NOW!

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

What a trumped up pile of crap. Connor Orr worded this to appear as if Ryan went out of his way to tear the Orioles a new one *replete with a pix of an annimated Rex*

Ryan's comments, read more like "just sayin'" in tone and in fact seemed to be take a common sense approach regarding the SB champ homefield 'tradition' and the common courtesy that comes with it (or should). And I agree with his "81 home games" reasoning and frankly who cares about a passing comment directed towards his old team.
    Just sayin'

12. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh shit! Good morning!

13. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

This was great work Dirty!

14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Why? Why? Why? Why does this boob have to shoot his mouth off about any other team? Idzik won't let him shoot his mouth off about the Jets! The man is not an adult leader of men. He has no filter. No judgment either. He has to be given a very simple directive: "Just shut up."

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

How DARE Rex stick up for the NFL. BULLSHIT. CIRCUS!

16. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ppl bitched about him talking too much and now ppl want him "more fired up". What a world.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

gimmie a break, Talk about an over reaction

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

overall 38-32 with Mark sanchez as his QB, He deserves some type of prize for having a winning record with Sanchez under center, fat Rex def was better tho but so was his team in the "fatter" years

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I am assuming you are talking to yourself.