Draft Scenario with Multiple Trades

Discussion in 'Draft' started by LoyalJetsFan, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

2. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

FYI - If this scenario happened last year for us here's our draft:

Dontari Poe
    Doug Martin
    Coby Fleener (Upshaw was next pick..I would have taken him instead)
    Janoris Jenkins
    Donald Stephenson
    Russel Wilson
    Michael Egnew

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow..with all those picks and you still don't have the Jets taking a QB in the first three rounds? Never happen.

4. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I don't think we take a QB in the 3rd rd.

Plenty of mid level QB's will be avail in 4th rd and later.

Dysert
    Bray
    Renfree

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I won't tell you what I think about GangGreenNation.

6. Don

I don't think the Jets 2014 opening day QB is currently on this team now and I really don't think 4th or later will fill that role.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Trade #1 - Let's see the Revis trade materialize. Hopefully, it's a great haul. Or hopefully, Revis signs for something reasonable.

Trade #2 - Chargers need to move up to grab the third LT. However, I'm not sure Jets will benefit from this. Unless trade happens while Jets are on the clock with Lane Johnson is available. Chargers need to jump in front of Arizona Cardinals to get that pick. All these mocks that give Cardinals a Guard while there's starting OT are making a mistake. My guess is Browns are prime candidates for Chargers to trade with.

Trade #3 - I'm sure lots of teams are approaching the Niners for trades. Hopefully Jets can pull it off successfully. My gut feeling is that Niners use all those draft picks or trade some of them for picks in next year's draft.

====
    Very optimistic trade scenarios there.

#7 ajax, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  8. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I honestly believe that the QB class this year is suspect, and would prefer the Jets to not force themselves in taking a QB...especially with some talented QB prospects coming out next year...like Bridgewater.

Come to grips that this year will be painful, and hopefully next year we get our QB of the future.

9. Don

It is suspect but there are no guarantees that the Jets can get a good QB when they pick next year either. I can't see them spending a lot of money on a vet QB when they are obviously trying to get young now. It might end up being a wasted pick in the long run but if they have extra picks to waste I am pretty sure they will use one this year on a QB in the first three rounds..we'll see.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If I was the Jets and I had 7 picks in the top 100 I would overload on physical players with great production at the college level. I would definitely find a way to take at least one of: OLB, QB, OG or OT, S and TE in the mix.

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

When was the last time the Jets traded down? I love the idea, and have faith that Idzik is considering it, but has it ever happened? I can't for the life of me remember the team doing it.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

We moved out of the 1st Rd into the 2nd with the Raider trade.

Drafted Nugent and Miller in Rd 2.......got Doug Jolley.

Jets gave up a 1st and 7th rd picks.

Jets got Jolley, 2nd Rd pick and 2...6 Rd Picks

A very Bad Bradway trade.

13. Br4d

1997, the Jets moved down several times from the 1 overall when Peyton Manning stayed in school. They wound up with James Farrior on the 7.

If Parcells had drafted as well as he coached the Jets are probably a dominant team in the late 90's and early 00's instead of being on the cusp often and never getting over the top.

There's a really good reason that the GM is responsible for finding players and the HC is responsible for getting the most out of them. Two sets of eyes on the problem reduces the failure rate significantly.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

uy...freakin nightmare. that move right there proved to me that the 3 headed monster of johnson-bradway-edwards was not fit for rigors of a successful NFL franchise.

of course there are those that would point to them as being a missed field goal away from the AFC championship game.....

to each's own.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Justin Miller was a great pick, he never became a great CB, but was an outstanding KR.

Nugent was a panic move from losing to the Steelers in the playoffs and the missed kicks.

Herm played to lose the game, terrible play calling.

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

All on Fat Bill, he could have drafted Orlando Pace.

Parcells was terrible when in control of personnel, he's football coach.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Thanks and DOH! I remember being so excited about having a mobile, pass catching TE, and Miller could fly, and Nugent would erase the memory of Doug Fucking Brien with every kick! It was a no brainer.:sad:

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I really like your pick selection for the most part, I would make a few changes though.

#11 - CB - Milliner / DT - Lotueleli
    #31 - WR - Patterson
    #34 - same
    #39 - same
    #74 - SAME
    #75 - same if Lotulelei was drafted, QB - Landry Jones is we got Milliner
    #78 - same

19. Br4d

The 2001 to 2005 Jets were kind of a classic case of a team that had drafted to fit one game plan that then had to hustle to accommodate another.

Parcells drafted defensive players to flesh out a 3-4 but the 2001 Jets moved to a 4-3. The move to 4-3 left James Farrior and Shaun Ellis with no natural position in the defense. John Abraham, who had been drafted with the intent to convert him to OLB fared better since he played DE in college and had the right skill set to make the switch. Ellis couldn't handle the conversion to 4-3 DT but he settled in ok as the strong-side end. Farrior was let go as a free agent.

We got Bryan Thomas and D-Rob as back to back #1's because the Jets were changing the defensive front around and had holes to fill as a result. We got Jonathan Vilma as a #1 in the middle at the same point that James Farrior was rounding into an All-Pro ILB in the Steelers 3-4.

On offense the Jets drafted Santana Moss, who fit well in a vertical offense with a strong-armed Vinny Testaverde as the triggerman. However the Jets were moving to a WCO with a finesse passer in Chad Pennington. We didn't lockup Laveranues Coles, who fit the WCO very well, when we should have because the front office had a vested interest in Moss and could not afford to lock up both WR's.

Another pick devalued was Anthony Becht, who was an excellent blocking TE - a position that has less viability in a WCO where an outlet receiver who helps stretch the defense from sideline to sideline is more valuable.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

in this scenario i am taking nassib at 31.