Predict Jets 2013 #1 draft choice

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Al Dorow, Apr 12, 2013.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am struggling though to remember a draft as unpredictable as this one - there is almost no player that you couldn't see possibly falling outside of the top 5 - with the possible exception of Joeckel - which this close to the draft seems nuts.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't know about Ansah, he seems likely a high risk high reward pick - I would rather the Jets go for something that's a bit safer and more of a known commodity.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Jones is gonna fall to the late 1st Round

4. mrblopez11

mrblopez11 New Member

If they stay at nine, probably kiki mingo. Jets could finally get an explosive edge rusher. If they get the 13, hopefully they will finally do something about this shit offense. maybe trade back for Tyler Eiffert

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

First off, Brook Lopez is a stud and my boy, so props on the name.

Two, Mingo isn't the "pass rusher we've been missing" by any means. He was very lackluster in college and isn't worth a top 10 pick. If you want a pass rusher you need to look toward Jones, Jordan, or Ansah. If not look at the top of the second with a possible prospect like Okafor being available at 39.

#45 JohnnyThaJet, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Tavon Austin (or Tavon Awesome), great editing on this video!

[YOUTUBE]7Q3UOd9_Tkw[/YOUTUBE]

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Wow you're right, nicely put together video :)

8. Jonky

Jonky Banned

That's why he was my third option. I don't want Mingo and like others feel #9 is way too early for Okafor. I would have considered Werner for the third option, but he has never played OLB and I don't recall ever seeing him play standing (but I only caught a handful of FSU games).

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree on your OL thoughts... I strongly disagee about the D though. What decent players do we have outside of Wilkerson, Coples and Cromartie?

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Trade for Revis including #13 and then take Cooper/Warmack at #9 and Jones at #13... you get 2 instant starters, one on each side of the team.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Going with Warmack - Regardless of position, Idzik will take the highest person on the draft board. Dion Jordan will be gone.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The pick could be Star Lotulelei.

Kenrick Ellis and Antonio Garay are a decent rotation at NT but neither of them looks like a long-term answer. Ellis has found ways to not be on the field two years running now, I think we have to assume he'll keep that up. Garay is a solid vet but with an injury history and he's 33.

It's easy to say the Jets won't use their first on a defensive lineman 3 years running but if the guy is the BPA he might be the pick anyway.

13. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

This season is really a true BPA situation because there really is no position on the field they have right now that is without holes, maybe besides the D-line although a tackle wouldn't be the worst thing to get. For me, ideally one of the top tier OT's would fall to us because people seem to forget that really is our biggest need, but thats doubtful to happen. They will most likely draft defense because this simply is an underwhelming draft offensively when it comes to skills players, and in my opinion 9 is too early to be taking a guard. I think they should go for a guard in the 3rd/4th round and stay away with 9 overall in favor of either a top tier OLB or S. I would love Vaccaro, I actually think people are underrating him a little bit, but he would be a reach at 9 (maybe with 13?).

This is one of the most exciting drafts I can think of from top to bottom in recent years because it really is very unpredictable. I can even see a scenario where the Jets may take Geno Smith, although I'm still not sure how I would react to that. I think he has a chance to succeed at the NFL level, but its a risk. Ultimately, I see them going with Mingo from LSU. He is a beast, and definitely projects as a better NFL player than Jones in my opinion. Jarvis has bust written all over him.

14. Warrior

Warrior Member

Star Lotulelei - agree with above - weakest point of DL and this guy is a stud/ almost a lock to be successful

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's not just BPA that we need. You also need to address the biggest need on this team. Our offensive line is more than adequate. Our offensive playmakers are absolutely subpar. Based on our needs and BPA, Tavon Austin should be picked as this upgrades our WR/RB/Slot immediately. It doesn't matter if you get a stud OL because you still need guys who can make plays behind them. Biggest areas of need are Pass Rusher, Playmaker, then OL.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The way to get Austin is a trade down from the 9.

If the Jets can get the Panthers to come up for Star Lotulelei or Sheldon Richardson then Austin becomes an easy take on the 14 and the Jets also got a '14 2nd and the 148 out of the deal. If they can get the Saints to come up for Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones they get the 75 and the 109.

Both picks are in front of the Rams, who seem the most likely destination for Austin at this point. If the Jets also control the 13 they'll have lots of options at that point including further trade downs if needed.

17. Buttfumble

Buttfumble New Member

Ziggy Ansah.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am liking Warmack day by day.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They say he is moving up quick but it looks like one big hit could put him out for awhile.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Lots of "draft experts" are picking him as our 1st rounder.