Spartacus - War of the Damned

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Royal Tee, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

There is no thread on this?

I thought this season would suck but man I have to say the past 2-3 episodes were absolutely amazing...

2. akibud

akibud Active Member

** SPOIERZ!! **SPOIERZ!! **SPOIERZ!! **SPOIERZ!! **

I know, right!! I am a bit worried because I am going to miss the finally this Friday as I a going out of town and I don't have a DVR or subscribe to on demand. I hope that Starz will put it a rotation for the next couple weeks. Buttt, Ceasar got raped HAHAHAHA! RIP Tiberius..

3. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I watched about half the season, then realized how bad it sucks. 1st two seasons were so much better. Andy simply can't be replaced.

I just can't stand Caesar, he's a fake ass Brad Pitt/ Steven Dorf wana be.

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The first half of this season definitely was well below my expectations

It has improved lately though, and I VERY much enjoyed the recent episode (the 2nd to last one)

Im curious how they set up a future spin off (presumably with Pompay and Cesar being central, as well as some stragglers from Spartacus's crew showing up)

5. Royal Tee

Yea, It dragged at first but honestly, the last 3 and especially the last 2 were really good...

6. akibud

akibud Active Member

As much as I thought Gannicus's warrior chick was hot and bad-ass, I was dying to see him hit that young stalker chick, she's hhhhaaawwwwttt!!!! (I like the gratuitous nudity and sex in Spartacus)

7. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I took you advice and watched two more last night. Got to say you were right. Crixsis battle when he split for Spartacus was epic. I think there is one or two more. This is it right? the series finally

8. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

This season has been AMAZING. Ridiculous fight scenes in every episode. I still miss Batiatus though, he was SUCH a great character.

Very under-rated show.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Glad you made a thread on this. This show went from being pretty good to OMG awesome recently. The last few episodes have been absolutely epic, I'd venture to say some of the best TV I've ever seen.

Really sad this showing is going.

10. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Tonight it ends!!! ... JUPITORS COCK

11. Dirty6Sanchez

The Gods jam COCK IN ASS, Spartacus is over :( What a finale though! Thought they handled it perfectly.

12. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Im in the minority here, but I didnt like Spartacus the last two seasons. I felt because of the untimely death of Andy Whitfield, the writers had to ramp up everything in its place to fill the void left by departure. The dialogue, delivery, and overall acting seemed very over the top. The action scenes became borderline ridiculous. It came to the point where every. episode became formulaic. When ever a fight scene began, it always started with the attackers leaping in the air, brief freeze-frame or slow motion, then the ridiculous attack, followed by the camera panning to Crixus to show his slow mo attack, then Gannicus, Nivea, etc. Every characters dialogue/delivery sounded the same to me, like they lacked personality. The characters, with the exception of Gannicus, all became a former shell of themself. While I did like the finale, the past two seasons cannot compare to the first season. Seriously, watch the first season over again and tell me you cant see a drastic difference between the two. I was also pissed with how they developed Asher(sp?) so well only to have him killed by Nivea, what an f'n waste.

13. Dirty6Sanchez

Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena had the best characters, hands down. Batiatus, Lucretia, Illythia and Solonius were all vying for power within the world of Roman society. I felt Spartacus and the gladiators were almost secondary in those seasons. Once all of the aforementioned were killed off though, it shifted towards Spartacus and the rebellion being the main subject resulting in a lot of fight scenes and very little politics.

I liked the entire series front to back, but I'll agree the character intrigue of the show changed once the show left the Ludus.

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Thought the ending was good, nothing tops the 1st season. I like they showed Andy at the end, he will always be the real Spartacus. Liam did a good job though.

15. xxedge72x

Yeah Liam sucked when he first took over but I felt he really put it together at the end there. The Crixus death was probably the best scene of the entire series.

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

The undefeated Gal!

17. Royal Tee

Just finished watching the finale....

WOW... simply epic!
    Also watching the end credits and seeing all the characters from all seasons was awesome as it shows the depth of plots and characters this series had...

I
    AM
    SPARTACUS!!!

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Now somebody has to do Hannibal and the Punic Wars. There's so much room for real story telling alongside all the gratuitous sex and violence.

19. xxedge72x

There *might* be a Caesar spin off for this show.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd rather see the earlier history on display. Caesar will just be more northern barbarians.

It'd be nice to see the Republic in all it's glory before things began to go south for the Romans. The other nice thing about the early Punic Wars is you still have the Greeks around as an independent power(s) to play with for flavor. They're not just the Roman Empire East at that point.