Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So I'm curious if I am allowed to bring up the Jets D ranking vs Falcons D ranking.

Is this an acceptable time or this time will it be a meaningless fantasy stat and mean that I am an average fan?

You need to make up a rule sheet for anybody to argue with you so you don't twist around and act like you get to decide when rankings can be used as a supplement and when they can't.

srs

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol yes and I picked another pathetic franchise to masquerade as a fan of

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

did he ever actually answer the questions you posed to him? other than that deflection retort? did he ever actually go through and answer them? im sure he didnt so let me repose them again for him in case he missed it.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It is funny to me how the list of respectable posters who are now considered "average fans" keeps growing.

Longtimejetsfan and displacedfan are excellent posters and everybody respects them here but now they are average fans because one dude is the world's biggest homer.

Gotta love it

I guess fans who know what they are watching is now: nyjunc, Hobbes, Murrell, and cval. Everybody else watches too much ESPN

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If Sanchez doesn't personally yield a TD, the last drive wouldn't have mattered.
    Fumbling a return in our zone (forget if it was McKnight or Kerley) was also a huge play in the game.

But you choose to say things like 'the defense blew it', when the defense was the only thing keeping us in that game.
    No mention of Sanchez or his massive role in that loss.
    That is why people call u out on absolving Mark of everything, and deflecting the blame anywhere else but him...... and they are right, that is your MO.

Hundreds of posts on the same shite, trying to argue against the obvious.
    You may have missed your calling as a lawyer or political filibuster.
    It's painfully obvious the Colorado shooter should be executed, but some asshole lawyer will present a ridiculous counter argument, and it will go on for years. That is what this thread has become.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This argument that a few playoff wins make Mark Sanchez a "clutch" player has no legs.

To me it's simple --- being clutch means the team can count on you to go out there and do your job at a high level week after week ... and they can count on you to play big in big games. Does that describe Mark Sanchez? HELL NO.

Being part of a team that won doesn't make you clutch ... especially If you did next to nothing all game. The offense has the ball numerous times during a game. Their job is simple --- put points on the board. If you do shit with it for 58 minutes, and happen to put up a score in the last two minutes ... then nice job by everybody for escaping with a win. That's about it.

Bad players win sometimes in sports. It doesn't magically turn them into good players. Just take a look at the list of guys who have won a US Open in golf and were never heard from ever again. Those guys actually won a championship ... with no help from anyone else. It doesn't make them clutch players.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You are acting like this guy is Tebow. Sanchez has had one losing Season as a starter and four road playoff wins in a QB driven league.

The Jets sucked last season not just Sanchez. The special teams and offense were atrocious and the defense was average at best.

When the Jets won with Sanchez they had good teams.

The argument is simple Sanchez has shown enough to get another chance. (nothing more nothing less). He now has a proven OC a young receiver coming into his second year, hopefully a healthy Holmes,an emerging star in Kerley and a revamped OL and RBs.

Sanchez needs to play well (not pro-bowl) but well. If he stays the turn over machine the Jets will move-on if he plays average and cuts down the turnovers he will stay and probably be signed to an extension.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

sure you can, we had an edge on D but did matt Ryan not have enough talent around him to win? he had enough to win 13 games and get the top seed 2 of the last 3 years, why can't he win when it matters most?

and AGAIN, did you think the 45 points his TOs led to can hurt his D?

You don't need rules, you need to understand the game.

If you weren't gutless you'd have seen the response which tore his wea argument to shreds as always.

No, those guys are good posters. I think you are a good poster most of the time but even good posters can get duped by "experts".

Yep, now I am a homer. Clearly someone who reads my posts:lol:

Guess what? he did throw an INT for a TD but our D is supposed to be a big time D. A big time D doesn't consistently allow late game scores in close games. At the very least they could have held Den to a FG to send the game to OT but they allowed a QB who can' throw in an obvious passing situation to go 95 yds for the GW TD.

The defense did blow it, the O contributed to the loss and deserve their share of the blame but the D blew it.

The problem is those that think I absolve Mark of everything don't actually read my posts. The facts are in my post history, feel free to look it up any time you want to see the truth.

4 playoff wins is I believe the 3rd most since he entered the league. I think only Flacco and Rodgers have more so it's not just a few.

He's led numerous late game comebacks, he has shown he can thrive in those types of situations. Does it mean he will do it all the time? Of course not but he has shown that ability which is a great trait for a QB.

I think his team can count on him as long as he has the teammates capable of helping him. He's not Tom Brady, never was and never will be. he can't make average players look like stars. There are maybe 2 or 3 of those guys in this league. he's a guy who can play well w/ quality talent around him like a Flacco, Eli, Ryan, etc...

It's hard to win in january, Peyton stinks at it, Ryan stinks at it, Rivers stinks at it, all guys better Qbs than mark.

Put the right talent around him and he will succeed again.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not having a big time D does not absolve the shitty game Sanchez had. Not having a big time D isnt the reason our offense has sucked for 2 years and it shouldnt divert attention from the real problems which lie on offense.

Two fucking TDs render that entire Denver drive moot. Or not throwing a pick six.

Tell me: why hasnt this team made the playoffs the last two yrs? The OC or the D?

10. nyjunc

It doesn't, please find my posts where I said Mark was fine and doesn't deserve any blame? I never said that.

Our O didn't suck in 2011, it sucked in 2012. The O actually averaged a pretty good amount of points but obviously turned it over too much. The D was not good in 2011 though and hurt us as much or more than the O.

we haven't made the playoffs b/c of a combination. The D was not good in 2011 and killed us in numerous games like Oak, both NE games, late in Den, the 99 yd TD, the Matt Moore drive.

Last year the D was better on paper BUT our O was so inept that opposing O's played ultra conservative against us making our #s look better.

I think the D/ was the main reason in 2011, the O/STs the main reason in 2012 but it was a combo in both years.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Somehow our shitty ass D finished ranked 5th ypg in 2011. Points per game is a skewed number that doesnt factor in turnovers/special teams gaffes.

If the O was good in 2011 it could have bailed out the "shitty" D, no? Possible lack of clutchness? Can we point to the lack of big plays (2 40+ yd plays all season) to counter your constant yammering about the Tebow and Cruz TDs?

Do you consider an offense that creates just two 40+ yd plays all year and bottom half ypg to be good? Legit question.

12. nyjunc

Stop worrying about silly rankings and watch the games.

The O kept us in the Dallas game(w/ an assists from STs)
    won the SD game
    won the 2nd Buf game
    won the Wash game

Let's look at some of the losses:

at Oak:
    we have 10 pt lead, D blows it. Trailing 24-17 Cro on STs fumbles and we are now trailing by 14. O scores TD pulling w/in a TD w/ 5 1/2 to play. D allows Oak to milk clock until 2 1/2 mins to play and kicks FG to stretch to 10.

at NE:
    NE up 10 we score TD, NE scores again to go up 10 we score against to cut to 3. NE goes up 10 again then 13, Jets score to cut it to 6 w/ 7 mins left. D allows NE to take up 6 mins and kick FG to extend to 2 score game.

vs. NE:
    Jets take 9-6 lead w/ just over a min to play. D allows NE to go 80 yds in 1:03 to take halftime lead. NE eventually goes up 23-9, jets score TD to cut it to 7 pt lead on 1st play of 4th qtr. D allows 7 min TD drive to give NE 14 pt lead.

at Den: allow QB that can't throw to go 95 yds in final minutes to win game

vs. NYG: we dominated play in 1st half, w/ 3rd and 10 from NYG 1 we should have gotten ball bacl near midfield late in 1st half and been up 10-3 or 14-3 instead they allow 99 yd TD that changed the game and seasons of both teams.

at Mia: season was already lost but up 10-6 they allow Matt Moore(yes Matt Moore) to lead a 20+ play almost 13 min drive to take the lead.

These aren't just scores, they are momentum, soul crushing scores but it was all Mark Sanchez's fault. The D was great!

13. BacktoQueens

There is nothing more momentum changing, soul crushing thing then turning the ball over. Has been that way as long as football is around.

Your love lust has turned it over 52 fucking times in the last 2 years!
    (cue up the OC and 'weapons' argument now, as it can't possibly be Sanchez fault)

14. nyjunc

he's had some awful TOs w/o a doubt. he's had some crushers but nothing like a 99 yd TD in that situation.

I blame Mark for many of our problems, try READING my posts. The point I continually make but is ignored is that it's not all mark's fault and the D was more of a culprit in 2011, in 2012 he had no help on O. It's much more than just mark, he was part of the problem the last year +.

15. BacktoQueens

Haha, yeah 52 turnovers is nothing like a single 99yd TD.
    gotta be kidding me.

No you don't blame Mark at all.
    You continue to put out garbage statements like 'the D blew the game' w/o at all acknowledging Sanchez pick 6 being devasting. He was god awful in Denver. Your counter argument was typcial recycled argument' well the defense is supposed to be big time'. That is an excuse exactly trying to absolve Sanchez.

ftr, the only reason i don't set you to ignore is you have good insight on things not related to QB.
    Every single QB related post i have ever read of yours is completely wrong.
    You are god awful in your ability to analyze QB's, to the point of arrogance and trolling. Your arguments, while well researched, constantly divert and often contradict itself.
    ie, a 99yd TD score by the Giants in first half of tight game is 'soul crushing', but Sanchez tossing a pick 6 in a close game is apparently not, as the game was still close.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I cant.believe anyone on this planet thinks the 2011 NYJ offense was good. Just two plays of 40+ yards. Two. And one was thrown by fuckin Kerley.

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

To me, there is JUNC .... and then everyone else.

Nobody knows what Junc knows

Nobody sees what Junc sees.

He is special.

He is SuperFan.

... all after the fact but, whatever.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

I like that. I like that a lot.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

He should run for president. Im sure everyone else is just an average candidate... He'd be the supercandidate that will change the world.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody can keep talking him up but I think it is pretty obvious that Sanchez is dead to the Jets. They have to pay him this year because of the asshole prior GM and his idiotic policies but just like Johnson wants no part of Revis anymore you will see he wants no part of Sanchez either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.