Weight loss tips for men

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by deerow84, Jul 16, 2012.

1. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

*BUMP*

I have a couple of questions for the workout pros. I've been hitting the gym again and was wondering a couple of things:

1. Is it more productive to do cardio before or after lifting?

2. Do I really need to do legs? (Im a heavy set guy already)

3. Whats a good weekly workout routine for a 4 day gym schedule?

2. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

#1.. I would do lifting before cardio since improper form with weights would cause a injury.
    #2. Yes work the legs with squats, lunges, calf raises etc.
    #3. Day 1, Chest and Back, Day 2. Legs and cardio(treadmills, epitical etc), 3. Shoulders, and Arms day 4. Cardio

P90x wouldn't be a bad solution either:)

3. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

I would try and do cardio at a different time from lifting. Like say cardio in the am with lifting in the pm. Obviously the time can get in the way so if you have to cardio after lifting.

Legs are important, they are a bitch I kno but every solid foundation was built from the ground up and legs are the most important part of the body.

^4 day program bigal has it mapped out well there.

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Always do cardio after

You dont need to do legs, you can be a pussy if youd like (doing legs has nothing to do with your weight, unless your knees/ankles are a wreck from being too fat)

I STRONGLY recommend going out and getting a copy of Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe (or you can find it for free on the internet as its been posted all over) Youll get drastically better results doing a total body routine, then some retarded body-part a day routine that some kid in 10th grade made up.

3 days a week total body lifting, you hit each body part everyday, doing mostly compound lifts (benching squats deadlifts etc) then you can throw in some cardio after and or on your 4th day.

Even if you opt against starting strength, your best bet by FAR is to go with a professionally made routine (aka buy a book) Ripptoe, Waterbury, Berardi are the better authors that uses a total body routine

5. 1028

1028 Active Member

lol Arnie's also been on TRT since his teens

They've done studies on lifelong natty athletes, and even the best natty bodybuilders don't clock in at any more than 190-some pounds on stage (assuming a mean height range of 5'9"-5'11"). 200lbs of LBM attained natty (at that height) doesn't exist