Revis trade thread (Update: Revis to Bucs for '13 1st and cond. '14 4th)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Mar 10, 2013.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Cimini has unquestionably been the best jets beat reporter for the last year and change

Before ESPN he was much more Manish

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Br4d.......just want to clear up that those weren't my words. The link to the article is on the espn.com frontpage. It says: "Sources: Jets insist Revis attend workouts"

I guess I did an amalgamation of what it says before and after you clink on the link.

Not that you were accusing me or anything. I just don't want you to think I threw "insist" in there on my own.

3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure as a Giants fan you'd find it to be true. It's not.
    I listen to ESPN to and from work and hear Cimini often. 9 times out of 10 his "reports" go like this:
    - Jets did A, which is questionable
    - since Jets are circus, A will become a disaster
    - nobody in the league would even think of A
    - Rex's judgement is in question because he obviously likes A
    - Giants would never do A, Jets should learn

.... And slight variations of above.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wasn't accusing you, just pointing out that when a source says the Jets insist we should probably consider that to be pure bullshit unless the source is clearly affiliated with the Jets.

If the Jets actually had a hammer here they'd probably confirm the notion that they'd like Revis to fulfill his contractual obligation and report to voluntary workouts on Apr 15th. Instead they refuse to comment.

That tells me this is another manufactured crisis, and all of those work against the Jets interests at this point.

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

In all fairness Jets don't comment on anything nowadays. Which of course is the reason why ESPN has to look for crumbs.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Isn't it wonderful? This is the way most teams operate, under the radar as much as possible and only emerging to report good things or occasionally to do damage control.

The Jets have been like an on-going soap opera since Weeb left. They live on the back pages of the tabloids and get a huge amount of publicity, often negative, in the off-season followed by in-season coverage that is as much focused on the soap opera stuff as on the performance on the field.

This may have been good in the bad old days when the less coverage of on-field activities the better, but the Jets aren't bad any more and it's nice to see the organization evolving to a more traditional stance with the media. Hopefully that will lead to a more traditional stance *in* the media in a year or two.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

which is why I think all this Revis trade speculation is bullshit

Idzik, Rex, Woody and Revis are the only ones who know for sure whats real

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I really am loving it.

Time will tell if they keep it up, but they also seem to have plugged some of the leaks that were spewing inside info on a regular basis.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Oh yeah

im a huge giants fan

what?

And are you getting Cimini confused with the morbidly obese radio man?

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

No, but I often thought that maybe Cimini is angling for Panzer's seat.

11. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

12. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

"Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 2m
    Jets GM John Idzik is expected to pull the trigger on a Darrelle Revis trade to Buccaneers if price is right during week of draft, I'm told"

Is there a worse Jets "reporter" than Mehta.. does he really need to be told at this point that the Jets would accept a good deal for Revis?

13. PuMa

PuMa Banned

He is begging for a story so bad its pathetic the lengths he goes to.

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't see how this changes anything. Even without any trade speculation he'd still have to attend to get the money. Don't see how it's a deadline either and gives leverage to Tampa.

I see this as only a good thing. If Revis goes and performs well (as far as he's able) then we'll have a Better idea on where things stand. The Buccs obviously weren't going to trade for him before seeing his progress.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I understand why people have this POV, but what do you believe the cap space Idzik cleared is for?

If you want the truth follow the money.

16. PuMa

PuMa Banned

The writers just want to stretch the story to a whole different meaning. Tampa isnt stupid for being interested in the best corner,they are stupid for sticking around for a player they cant even speak of or see the progress of because he is OUR player until the end of 2013,so they and the beat writers can claim we are so interested in getting rid of Revis but until the Jets say so its all speculation and fucking bullshit. give me one example where the jets said "We will purse a trade partner for revis" as of his contract there is NO reason what so ever to do that right now,if they want to get that #13 pick then ok but if they havent said shit about it why write about something they havent even said....it all boils down to this... they cant get a damn single juicy story on the jets so Mehta says "Hey! let me continuously type up articles out of my own fantasy and maybe i'll strike gold and it will come true in the next 2 weeks...wait no,no,no i did that already no more shots in the dark ! what i'll do is,is play it safe and give them what jet fans can already anticipate coming into the draft HAHA ! now i cant look stupid." well you idiotic tanned pain in the ass.... you do look stupid and forever will in Jet fans eyes.

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The media always has a need to fuel drama with the Jets, it seems. Any other team, this would be a non-story

19. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Yeah, the media only likes storylines involving the Jets!

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member