Who Remembers Joe Theisman's Injury?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by GRNYT, Apr 1, 2013.

1. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

today's injury to kevin ware of louisville brought back bad memory

theisman's is still worst sports injury i have ever seen but watching this kid's leg snap in two like that was horrible, gruesome

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've seen the video, but I'm only 24 so I'm too young to have seen it live. I have seen the Sid Vicious WWF/E video as well, but that injury today was the first time I've ever seen something that bad happen live. It's the worst injury I've ever seen live.

I thought his career was over, but people are saying he'll return next year..I don't get that.

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

gonna be tough to come back from that...i hope the kid can walk normally again much less play basketball-needs steel rods in that leg

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When Theisman snapped his leg they showed it over and over and over again on every sports channel for like a week. I had to look away every time.....Don't get me wrong, it couldn't have happened to a better person, but it was still tough to watch.

5. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]itDNYl2Q1pY[/YOUTUBE]

Damn...

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

a sports doctor wrote on Twitter that it's an easy surgery. said Ware will be back in 3 months.

7. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]X3snje3dxcI[/YOUTUBE]

ouch

8. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

The kids bone was sticking out of his leg, year no problem easy fix. It was fucking horrific.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What was the injury to Sid Vicious?

No need to show video, just a description. thnx

10. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

That was nasty, his ankle snappped. This was way worst to look at, the kids shinbone was sticking out.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Sid Vicious jumped off the top rope and landed awkwardly on one leg and it just broke in half in between the knee and ankle. It's true that those injuries usually aren't as bad as they look. Tearing an ACL or MCL is much worse and harder to rehab. I'd bet it hurts like hell, though. If that happened to me, I'd tell them to put me to sleep right there on the spot. Ugggg.

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

13. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Compound fractures are a complete, clean breaking of the bone and they are much easier to fix than a partial break, believe it or not. It's like putting two pieces back together. Still gruesome though yeeeeshhhh

14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I posted in the College BB thread that it was the worst thing I had seen live on TV since the Theismann play.

What I did see live in person was a similar injury. It was my junior year in high school during 2 a days before school started.
    My good friend and starting RB going through the tires and his leg snapped, I will never forget the sound and seeing his shin bone sticking out through his sock.

15. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

It depends where the break is too. The closer to the joint, the worse it is. I broke my wrist so badly that I was in the hospital for 5 days. Mine was not a compound fracture, but it was horrific. I still have a plate and screws in there and even with a lot of rehab only have 50% range of motion.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

the thing i remember about theisman is LT waving frantically toward the sidelines for the trainers.

17. Tight

Tight Active Member

Since hes already gotten immediate surgery to fixate bone. Now we just have to wait about 8 weeks for bone-bone healing : 12 weeks for soft tissue healing. Early rehab will focus on pain and swelling control as well as maintaining ROM and muscle control ( not strength but control )... Can he ever come back from this injury ? Absolutely.... The major question will be how the bone broke the way it did, because thats not exactly a normal break.