Adam Schefter: Buffalo Bills Signed Kevin Kolb

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Vicks injuries were cause as much by a horrid oline than by anything he did. By week 4 of last year they were down four of the five peas on starters on that line and the only one left standing was the worst player of the group. It was a huge reason thier season derailed so quickly.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Is it fact that Marty wants him here? It seems to be speculation from the same people that told us a few days ago that the Revis trade was imminent.

It's a logical conclusion that because Kolb and Marty have worked together successfully in the past that they could reunite. However, we don't actually know. Further, even if Marty wants him here, Idzik might not. Marty might not want him here, and Idzik might sign him anyway. We don't really know.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I doubt Kolb is getting serious coin from anyone.

Would there be something wrong with having young players who could push Brick and/or Mangold on the roster?

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Don't we already have this guy on the roster under a different name Mcelroy?

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Because we are stuck with mark through this year. It costs more to get rid of him than to keep him. Garrard is simply a stop gap vet back up that can play in a pinch. He's good depth but not a long term solution and very cheap. Kolb knows the system and still could have up side as a long term starter. If we somehow sign him we would only be looking to release Garrard, but at his low price I keep the depth and competition for the job as active as possible.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No but if we had them I would call them a starting RT and Guard.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Agreed you don't have competition for players like Mangold and Brick. They either play to a certain level or they off the roster. If they are on the roster and healthy they start.

Same with Revis he is healthy he starts no competition you play him or you trade or cut him.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Lucky fuck

Andrew Brandt‏@adbrandt
    Kevin Kolb cut. Made $10M bonus from Phi in 2010; $10M bonus from AZ in 2011; $7M bonus from AZ in 2012. Made $32M in past 3 yrs.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's fair but I think that it's important, especially now with the rookie cap that you do create competition with lower priced talent. You need to be able to turn a player like Mangold into draft picks and have a less talented, but still talented enough player to turn to.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No question the rookie cap is a game changer for the entire league. That's why I think it's unfair to compare Idzik as being superior to Tannenbaum until we see what he adds based on the new rules of the game.

The real trick for many GM's now is balancing which high priced vets they keep since rookies are much less risky than they were prior to last year. The flip side to that is high draft picks become much more valuable and teams won't be quick to give them up for proven talent.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well, if he does come to the Jets, it is fair to say it will be because Marty wants him.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He's a horrible QB, absolutely terrible. He reminds me of what Sanchez will be like on his next team. Waste of $ and roster sport. Garrard will be our starter.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I certainly didn't intend to say that Idzik is superior to Tannenbaum. He has a blank slate right now. I think he has a better background coming into the game than Tanny did but he's completely unproven one way or another.

14. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Kevin Kolb is better than Taco and Old Man River. Plus he would come in and truly have a leg up, since he already played in the offense for a couple season.

15. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

A friend just texted me that Kolb has been signed.

Kevin Benjamin Kolb (pronounced /ˈkɒb/; born August 24, 1984) is an American football quarterback who currently plays for the New York Jets in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at Houston.

16. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

lol.. yeah I just randomly looked Kolb up on Wiki and saw this.. hey, they got Goodson right

17. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Remember if it turns out to be be truth. Jets31 delivered it here. :beer:

18. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

What is with the Jets being interested in other people's cast aways? You even signed your own cast away QB to a big deal.... this needs to stop.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It had better not be bullshit

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

nothing wrong with kolb, mcelroy, and garrard fighting it out to be the 3 qbs on the team. just a matter of determining the order.

cut taco loco after june 1st, and spread out the cap hit over 2 years, unless bellicheat's affinity for signing ex-jets includes a hispanic rep also. assumimg he doesn't grab tebow, just because....