Manish: Jets signed Mike Goodson to a three-year, $6.9 million deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Please be true, Please be true!!

I love this guy

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Twitter isn't a reliable source.....please.

TGG wants a verified source with a link and the new proper format that was introduced by Royal Tee.

People have been banned for providing false news and the 1st thread that was dumped had no link what so ever.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

lol i know right, this is almost the equvialent of resigning Lex hillard, who cares he's just a spot filler . Id like to see us draft Eddie Lacey to fill our RB void

4. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Reliable or not, if the tweet was made, it does provide insight, albeit unreliable insight. It wouldn't be the first time a family member leaked news like this.

What's the point of the message board if every single source has to be 100% verified? Everyone might as well just start posting on the comments below a story on individual sites with that kind of restriction. Just my opinion, which is also unreliable.

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

FYI, Royal Tee even used Twitter as a source in his format.

I understand, but since no explanation was given, just criticized, I thought I would ask what is acceptable. I don't believe that is unacceptable.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

When someone posts a trade or signing (breaking news) we want an official source.

It's unfair to spread info that may not be true....I'm sorry if you don't understand this POV.

I've been around here a long time and false news really pisses off most posters. Always it's part of the rules of TGG posting false info, so make sure your info is verified.

We can all discuss the posssibilities of a signing, but again, unverified sources are bad news.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is not the NYJ twitter, Goodson's twitter, or an established news outlets ( reporters) twitter, this is just a guy claiming he knows Goodson saying it happened, or about as weak as it gets.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I should have been more specific....Manish or Peter King on Twitter is fine, it's been verified. Some Homeboy wishing his family member well on the signing isn't cool.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Glad to see somebody gets it...some of you Guys just like to argue for the sake of it.

10. Falco21

He's not claiming he knows him LOL

It's his brother.

This tweet is going viral right now. An answer should come soon

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Great... when it happens.

12. Falco21

Oh I completely agree with you. This isn't quite the source to base this on LOL

I was just saying it's his brother, not just someone who knows him

13. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Like I said in the last thread, if this is for real I really like this signing. I watched a lot of Oakland games since I had run DMC the last two years in fantasy and Goodson killed me because he would get all DMCs yards. 195 yards on 16 catches (12.2 avg.) with a score. He had five plays of 20-plus yards on his 51 touches

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I agree, but are we sure it's his brother??...Twitter from unknown sources are useless.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Goodson has real good hands and should fit well in a WCO.

Goodson also is a solid kickoff returner.

16. jetsnick

jetsnick New Member

Twitter is not a reliable source, but, when someone (@Leon Waashington) tweet that he just signed with the Pats it becomes a very reliable source. OK, if you guys say so.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He had some good stats even as a reciver out of the backfield in his days with the Panthers in 2010 40 catches 310 yds 15 first downs, And his Yards per carry as a runner are pretty impressive

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I am not arguing with you. I am just trying to get insight for other posters. The same reason the original poster asked why his was closed. That being said, I would trust his brother or relative more than any other Metha post.

I understand the new rule, and have posted using the format. Perhaps, if for the short upcoming future, we could clarify why the threads may be closed with educating the poster, versus chastising them.

In addition, I always thought using Caps was a form of yelling in text, and that would be completely unacceptable.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

He's not used to his full potential, if the signing is true, Goodson may surpise a lot of Jet fans.

I like that he's still young and not a lot of tread off his tires.

20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Goodson gained 221 yards on just 35 carries (6.3 avg.) and 195 yards on 16 catches (12.2 avg.) with a score. He had five plays of 20-plus yards on his 51 touches.

Greene rushed for 1,063 yards and eight touchdowns on 276 carries (3.8 avg.) But he had just 19 catches for 151 yards.

Goodson is fresh just running behind DMC and had 44 more yards receiving than Greene. Definitely a WCO back.