Adam Schefter: Buffalo Bills Signed Kevin Kolb

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Sanchez may not start, but he is not getting cut.

2. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

I disagree if we sign Kolb say goodbye to Sanchez.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

You have absolutely no grasp of the cap we have do you?

If we cut Sanchez we take a HUGE cap hit. Why would they do that? So stupid man.

Enough of your "Sanchez needs to be cut" bullshit. We CAN'T CUT HIM!! Is it that hard to understand?

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sanchez and Holmes should be cut so Morningwig can instal his offense with guys who are going to be part of the long term solution. There is more to a team than cap hit.

5. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

But when Kolb and McElroy/ Garrard beat out Suckchez, ya really think the Jets will keep an 8.2 million clipboard holder? I don't. I think when there is the will , there will be a way to dump ol' buttfumble.

6. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

If they sign Kolb Sanchez is gone........

I said say GOODBYE to Sanchez I never said he would be CUT.

You have absolutely NO READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS.

7. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

The cap hit will be well worth it to rid this team of Mark Sanchez.

8. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

but we can trade him! We'd still be obligated to come up with big bucks but so be it! if ol buttfumble gets beat out in camp, do you think the Jets will keep him as a clipboard holder? I do not.

9. Falco21

So tell me then, wtf does Sanchez being gone mean? LMAO

If you mean not starting, then saying he's "gone" is the wrong word buddy. If Kolb signs Sanchez won't be the starter makes more sense

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

What exactly has Kolb proved that makes you think he'd annihilate Sanchez for the job or that Sanchez would be gone? Honestly, he's hasn't done anything yet. He's a question mark. If Kolb signs and wins the job, props to him, but there's no reason to think he'd be this miraculous savior or that he'd even be better than Sanchez. With that said, I'd definitely be cool with adding him to the competition. The price should be right, but we're on a tight budget. If we grab Kolb we prob won't draft a QB.

#150 Barcs, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Holmes is the ideal talent for the west coast offense, why would you want to get rid of that?

12. Falco21

You're dumber than a pile of turd.

No sense in responding to your ignorance after this

13. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Wait Sanchez and Kolb are two different people? Do we have video evidence of this?

14. Falco21

Here's the options:

Sanchez Stays: Guaranteed $8.25 million and workout bonus of $500,000. Cap number would total at $12.853 million.

Sanchez Cut: If cut before June 1st, we will take a $17 million hit. If cut after June 1st, we will take a $12.535 million hit.

Sanchez Traded: Trade before June 1st, we would take a $8.9 million hit plus any portion of the $8.25 million in guaranteed salary. So if say the Cardinals take him and agree on $5.25 million and the Cardinals pay the remaining $3 million, we would take a hit of $14.15 million.

He will be here all year and then let walk

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And you just described why Tannenbaum isn't here or anywhere else in the NFL..this year or probably any year.

16. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Hey now is that necessary?

17. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Does any of his contract count against the 2014 cap if he's cut after losing a training camp battle?

18. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Your right, the cap hit is substantial. What you are forgetting is that the Front Office budgets a specific amount per position. In addition, you are forgetting about the post-June 1 designation, which we could cut or trade him prior to June 1 and still designate him as a post-June 1 player. Each team is allowed 2.

Let's assume they budget 15% to the quarterback position that would be, $18 Million plus. They could cut Sanchez and take the $12 Million hit, and still have $6 million in their budget. If they trade Revis, we will recoup $6 million that can be re-distributed to get back into budget in other positions.

We will go into the season with 3 quarterbacks, and could be Kolb, Garrard, McElroy or Draft Pick, and we should fit within that $6 million dollar budget.

Furthermore, the front office could go to Sanchez and say, you are not going to start this year, and we would like to trade you to "fill in your team". to compete for a starting job. If you are willing to take a pay cut, we will trade you to that team. If not we will retain your services, and you will be pushed down the depth chart. Will you take a pay cut?

It is not cut and dry, and there are plenty of options with Sanchez.

19. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Thank you for the most educated post in the thread. :beer:

20. Falco21

My above post has that added in. That whole idea of making it post June is added into it.

I see what you are saying, but he is going to be on this team until the end of next season. There is just too much involved right now with him. Your theory also all depends on if Revis is traded. At first I would think so, but right now, no team is offering what we want. There is a BIG chance Revis will either be signed to a long term deal with us or just let walk after next season. No team is giving up their 1st rounder for a guy coming off an ACL injury.

#160 Falco21, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013