Adam Schefter: Buffalo Bills Signed Kevin Kolb

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I actually think a healthy Garrard might pull it out if we're talking about a fair competition. Garrard has had some really decent years compared to Kolb and Sanchez. I didn't realize just how good they were until I went back and looked.

2. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Sign him, Vince young, cassell, Cambell, Russell add Sanchez, garrard, Tebow, McElroy and maybe a draft pick. We can make are own reality show lol
    No but seriously I wouldn't mind bringing in kolb, young, or cambell

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I dont get why we would want Kolb i really dont. He is a joke if i had to choose id take Sanchez over him. He always gets injured and looked horrible in his two years in Arizona

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

59.5 career comp percentage
    28tds to 25ints.

Kolb is better.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

One of the reasons he got a big contract and was traded was because of how he looked under MM who is our OC now. Would be interesting to see them get back together

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can't get over his ridiculously slow release. Kolb had good success with Morningwood.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ithink this is a fair point. Kolb had some injury issues in AZ. I tend to be skeptical of those who blame the OC too much for Qb performance problems, but Marty may well feel he can do a better job, based on past performance, with Kolb than what happened for him in AZ.

8. 518

518 Member

What good is this post? Our GM is doing everything he can to put a QB on the field to manage a game, put up some points and NOT GIVE A GAME AWAY. We lost all 10 games last year on MISTAKES AND TURNOVERS from the QB position. Who knows we might strike lightning in a bottle with one of these guys and not spend that much to set us up for the future. At least he's not trading away our drafts. Patience is a virtue.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If MM thinks Kolb can be salvaged, he would be one of the first ones to know how to do it. Nothing wrong with bringing him in.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd pass. He's not a long term solution he's a stop gap that might cause more problems than he's worth. The plan should be to let the chips fall where they may this year and hopefully draft a franchis QB in the next draft if one is available. If not then the following year.

Assuming he's better than what we currently have that will net us what? One or two more wins than we'd currently be capable of? So that's maybe a 6 or 7 win season being a bit optimistic? What's the point in that?

We have to stop settling for mediocrity. I'd rather be bottom 3 in the league for two or three years in a row and get higher end talent and possibly turn it around then be mediocre for two or three years, get middle of the road talent and probably stay a middle of the road team.

11. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

I don't think it's a smoke screen. I think that Florham Park is so tightly sealed that the media and fans are letting their imaginations get the better of them.

12. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

At this point does it really matter? These moves are all band aids until next season.

13. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

See Quinn, Brady.

14. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Kolb looked decent last season before he got injured. Didn't the Cardinals go 4-0 with him?

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yes sir.

Bring in all the competition we can.

16. rpetrulsky

rpetrulsky New Member

I am a longtime Jets fan that lives in Arizona. People please......no Kevin Kolb. He is weaker than circus lemonade!

17. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

Well said.

18. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

The Jets may not be done adding to their stable of quarterbacks. The next addition could be Kevin Kolb, currently with the Cardinals, but expected to be released soon.

According to a report by the New York Post, the Jets have had discussions internally about bringing Kolb into the fold.

New offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg is familiar with him from their time together in Philadelphia. Already, the Jets have added David Garrard this month to a group of Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy, Matt Simms and Tim Tebow.

Kolb, 28, spent the last two seasons in Arizona -- where he was bothered by injuries and had 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 15 games.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

If Kolb comes in, Sanchez goes out. JMO Therefore, bring in Kolb.

20. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

What is the attraction here? I don't understand the jets interst. Isn't he terrible? He played a food good games in spot duty for the eagles years back, but has been awful ever since right? Am I missing something? I may be wrong, this is what I think of when I hear kevin kolb. Somone fill me in on the jets desire to sign this guy. We have enough bad qbs on the roster in my opinion.