Two guys I've heard nothing on...Woodhead and Edelman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Mar 14, 2013.

1. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I'm hoping as a Patriots fan that they keep both Woodhead and Edelman, considering they should be cheap.

Edelman actually looks pretty good when he plays, good punt returner but he gets hurt a lot.

Woodhead has become a smart player FOR the Patriots but I wonder if that would translate elsewhere.

Unfortunately now that Welker is gone, all the other players, while talented, tend to get hurt...

2. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Woodhead should never been released by the Jets, and would fit perfectly in our WCO scheme next year.

I always saw him as a poor man's Welker, and he may have the best hands on the Jets.

3. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

Leon Washington got signed by NE so that's most likely the end to Woodhead

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

you son of a bitch leon

how could you

fuckkkkkk

seriously bummed by this move

5. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

You're kidding right?? The guy was the MVP of the squad as a backup RB/kick returner, agreed to not hold out and played for $875K, breaks his leg and they refused to pay him. He was so screwed by this franchise it was not even funny.

I hope he breaks records with the Patsies.

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i get that the jets fucked him over, but i can still be upset he went to the pats

its not like he didnt land well with the seahawks anyway

7. Woodhead77

Woodhead77 New Member

Sign this beast!

8. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I understand being upset completely. I just don't think Leon's an SOB for it. The team really really did him dirty.

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We need a return guy, no Kerley or Cromartie this year please. Either of these guys from the Pats would be a better choice.

10. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

While I agree guys like Woodhead are system players, there's no way in hell Welker is and he does not need a top tier QB to be successful.

2006 with Miami - Welker was their leading receiver with 67 receptions, averaged over 10ypc, all with Joey Harrington (started 11 games) and a washed up Culpepper (started 4 games) throwing to him.......and there wasn't one other legit threat on that team to take the opposing defenses focus away from him.

2008 with New England - Welker again led his team in receptions with 111 (43 more than Moss) and receiving yards with Matt Cassel throwing him the ball.

Yes Welker benefitted from having Brady as his QB (like any other human being on the planet would) but has proven he doesn't need a top tier QB to put up big numbers and be a legit threat. Any receivers production is effected by who throws him the ball (Fitzgerald for example) but guys like Welker still produce regardless of who his QB is.

#30 PaPZ187, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Manning is a pretty good second tier QB for Welker. Welker will do fine. People in New England are still scratching their heads on why the Patriots let Welker go so cheaply.