Will Rex be Woody's next scapegoat?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Mar 14, 2013.

1. kaboom

kaboom Member

Why pay 2 coaches in 2013 when it is clearly a rebuidling season?

Let Idzick clear the roster. Keep the "door open" if Rex somehow "over achieves" in 2013 with a gutty team that plays hard and wins some games. But in their own minds the new blueprint will start to unfold in 2014 with a new coaching staff and new QB.

2. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

If...IF...Rex goes 10-6 and misses the Playoffs, he'll stay. No way he goes anywhere with a young team re-building on a year we we're supposed to be doo-doo.

3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

6 wins or less he's fired
    7-8 who knows
    9+ he will be back

4. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I agree. That's a tall order, though, just looking at the roster. Hopefully I will be more optimistic come September.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex's dumb ass should have been fired already if but for nothing else than keeping Sanchez in there starting.

6. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Rex was a Tanny puppet, not the other way around, IMO.

7. JETS2013

JETS2013 Banned

Thank you!

8. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Who's a better coaching candidate then Rex Ryan, will to coach the Jets? Personally I hope he doesn't go anywhere. Best coach they've had since belicheck (sp).

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

9 plus. Status quo.

10. Hobbes3259

Try actually..,you know...watching the g ames.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I hope RR stays past 2013, I think we can win a title with him at HC. Give him just a middle of the pack but opportunistic offense and see where we go.

12. Hobbes3259

It will solve the question, if under this ownership....we choose to be a successful team, ormcontinue to be among the chaff....

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It is a tall order, I dont think Idzik knows how bad the Jets offense is and so far we havent done anything to fix it , honestly weve just made the offense worse. You cant go into a new season with no starters whether your "rebuilding" or not this isnt 1974. Oh and just a little note John Abaaham, Dwight Freeney and others a visiting the Patriots tommorow

14. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Do you really believe what you type? What is so hard about coming to grips with the fact that the Jets are NOT going to pay any FA's big money this year. Hell probably not a big stretch to see the Jets not paying any FA's big money next year as well. Idzik knows how bad the offense is ... Idzik knows how old and slow the front 7 was ... so lets give him more than 5 minutes to put his plan in place.

I can't for the life of me fathom what exactly you thought he was going to do by now? Who was he going to sign that would save the offense? Funny thing about the word "starter". Once upon a time all "starters" were not "starters", they were in fact rookies and backups. Shocking bit of knowledge there. The Jets are going to be younger, faster, and probably finish with a worse record than last year. We hope a few of the younger guys step it up and become solid (omg I am gonna say it) "starters" and now we have a few less pieces to worry about in 2014.

And as for Revis ... I don't want to see him go, but even if he signed a lower deal with us than he is currently seeking, you have to know he will be back two years later screaming he is under paid. Not sure the Jets need that headache .... so if Idzik can get the compensation right then in my humble opinion dealing him is the right thing to do. More picks, more rookies who hopefully will someday become (gasp) starters!

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think it comes down to more than the w/l record. A judgement call has to be made by Idzik on Ryan's coaching abilities.

Given that we're starting over with very young and arguably raw talent, is Ryan the right coach for the team at this time or not. Not every coach can develop young talent and mold them into a winning team. Some need to have established players to be successful so the question becomes, which coach is Ryan. If that answer is he needs established guys to win, then this is his last season in NY definetly. The writing is on the wall for this franchise. No more "win now or bust". They are rebuilding from the ground up..

I ask again, is Rex Ryan the right man for the job???