Ryan Nassib Met With Jets Over Dinner

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 8, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He's not going to be there with the 9th pick.

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

I wish.

That would make me pretty happy. The guy is everything that I like in a QB. Accurate, smart, and can run if he really wants to.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I want neither of them. Maybe take a gamble with Nassib in the 3rd round but no earlier. Too many other areas to address this year. The big prize QB comes in next year's draft and we'll most likely be picking high again.

4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I can't see the Jets getting Nassib unless they trade up or reach for him. I can't see him getting past Marrone. That is unless he passes on him, which will speak volumes.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Are you referring to Geno or Nassib? I'm assuming Geno which is probably right but it is really interesting if he does fall to 9.

It opens up the option of working with a team who really wants him, to pay to trade into the 9th spot.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Agree with this.

With Matt Moore signed and the best FA QB being Chase Daniels, I can definitely see us looking at QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Manuel fits this offense very well and has the most upside out of the class. If he sat for the first half of the year or even the entire year to get acclimated to the NFL, I would say he is worth a shot.

As long as he doesn't shit the bed, the pick will be worth it because we will either have our future QB or we could potentially get what we drafted him in return (see Alex Smith trade).

7. Jetphan73

Jetphan73 Active Member

sign Kolb when he is cut...

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

there's a solid chance based on what I'm seeing and hearing from news outlets that Geno could fall to late 1st.

His accuracy has been noted as inconsistent...basically its a consistency issue with him.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If we're going to move back into the 1st, I would hope its for someone like Tavon Austin rather than Geno Smith (ironically same college team).

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its an entertaining thought, I dont care what Kiper says i think he may fall to the Bills at num 8 but if he doesnt i wonder what Idzik has on his big board. Its a tough call

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm talking about Geno.

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

If he's there at 9, Jets need to take him. Nothing is certain for next years draft.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Anyone who wants EJ Manuel can't scout quarterbacks

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Austin is exactly the type of impact playmaker we must get in this draft, I agree. Smith is just another in a long line of QB's drafted on potential and many of those never pan out. Drafting Smith would be history repeating itself from the Sanchez draft disaster of 4 years ago. We need speed at the skill positions and Austin gives us that.

15. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...no

16. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Nassib to the Jets will be an unmitigated disaster...unless he's taken in 4th rd or higher

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Gamesmanship.

With the Bills drafting right before us a #8, and needing a QB in a non-QB friendly draft, it is Idzik's job to scare the Bills into using a high draft pic on a loser QB.

Just like Belicheck did to us with Gholston. The only thing worse than drafting Gholston and having him be a bust was to pass on him and have NE take him and he turns out to be the next Lawrence Taylor.

By showing 'interest' in QB's, Idzik is forcing the Bills to freak out and waste their top pic on a garbage QB for fear of Idzik drafting the same QB and he turns out to be a star.

Nothing gets a GM fired faster than handing a star player to your division rival.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It'd be kind of interesting to take the guy on top of the Jets QB list on the 39 and also take the guy everybody left out there in the 6th round. Now that's competition and odds are pretty good one of them is our starter by 2014 and the other is the backup.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

IMO, he has a better pro style game then a college style game.

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Foot for thought, Nassib the Quarterback from Syracuse is only 30 minutes from Cortland, you know the market the Jets are trying to steal from Buffalo.