Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Mohrinweg has a rep for adopting to his players, something Schitty and Sparano do not.

It's also possible, that Mohrinweg will not want a RB early in the draft, as he can get more out of Shonn,Powell, and especially McKnight.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's meaningless either way but you were wrong. so beating a mediocre Den team in '03 and '04 means everything but all the Colts playoff losses(home and road) don't mean a thing? interesting.

It's hard to beat the Colts at home in January? they were 6-4 w/ Peyton, that's almost 50/50, in Peyton's career he is just 1 game over .500 at home in the playoffs. heck, his STs gave him TWO TDs this year and he still found a way to lose at home.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What makes you think Greene will come back? I still think we should draft a RB in the 2nd round. Find his very own L. McCoy

4. nyjunc

I will be very surprised if Greene is back- shocked.

5. 101GangGreen101

Greene doesn't fit the WCO at all - he doesn't run good routes, he has shitty hands. First and foremost in order to even have the WCO work, we need an all-purpose back. CoughGIOBERNARDcoughcough

6. nyjunc

I'd love another Heel after drafting Coples last year.

7. 101GangGreen101

Big fan of UNC myself Junc (fuck Duke). There's a lot of talent down there in Tobacco Road, we should take full advantage of it.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

^ Been my avatar for months. One of my favorite players in the draft.

9. 101GangGreen101

After the SEC game against Georgia, I was sold on him completely. I watched him and Jones the entire game. I would draft Warmack at 9 if he were on the board and Dion Jordan was off the board. You plug him in between Brick and Mangold and I think those two will return to their All-Pro level. Then get the guy on your avatar with our 2nd rounder - the offense I think would look much better then last year.

People want to say that drafting a G at 9 is too high, but I guarantee you the Titans are thinking about him at the 10 spot. Potential All-Pro guard that can help stop those interior pass-rushers and make our offense look hella better

10. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Dude! You are the one who is wrong on this.

How is a fact that completely disproves your point meaningless. You chose to focus on Peyton Manning's in 11 career playoff losses and him leading his O to an average of 14.8 PPG in those losses when the majority of those games were on the road. You said, 17 is more than 14.8, right? As if it is reasonable to expect to beat the Colts at home by scoring 17 points. :lol:

I will ask again; what do road losses and losses that came after 2009 have to do with the point that we needed to score more than 17 points to beat the Colts at home? It has nothing to do with it, but you chose to focus on those stats because that is what you do.

If you really wanted to know the truth, you would have looked up how many points the Colts scored in home playoff games prior to facing the Jets in the AFC Championship game. The Jets were playing the Colts in their building after all, right? I did that for you and showed you that they scored 28.6 PPG at home in the playoffs. That is very relevant to Truth's argument that we needed to score more than 17 point, and pretty much ends this debate. Your stat of 14.8 PPG which includes all road losses and losses that came after 2009 is irrelevant to his point.

The Colts record at home prior to playing the Jets in 2009 is 5-3. Those 3 games they lost were close games. They lost all 3 by a combined 10 points. Not exactly the roll overs you are trying to make them out to be.

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Sanchez led the NFL in dropped INT's in 2010.

Yeah, I know.
    I remember hearing that at the time and thinking it was a ridicuous stat with no credibility. But the fact is, when you take into account what an atrocious turnover machine he's been in the two seasons since that stat came out ... and also the year before, there's no doubt in my mind it's 100% accurate.

The other three seasons he's been in the top 5 in INT's all three times ... and twice in the top 3! 45.5 games played --- 56 interceptions. An abomination.

Anytime you analyze data and come accross a statistical abberration, there's usually an explanation. It stands to reason that if there's only one season where he wasn't throwing INT's in bunches he was probably getting very lucky that year.

The dropped INT stat is correct. You could dismiss it as nonsense if the rest of his career didn't completely support it. But the fact is, it absolutely does. He's the most prolific interception thrower in the sport.

#5491 truthbtold, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No market for his services.

Even if he elves via FA, They'd be more likely to move Powell and McKnight up the depth chart, and grab someone from a practice squad.

You've already used picks, on Greene,McKnight, and Powell....are you going to keep burning picks on one position? Especially without finding out what you have...?

I like Gilleslee, and Barnard (if his knees are ok)... But I think the only way they draft there, is if they get great value on the pick....

13. nyjunc

That is such a nonsense stat b/c most of those drops were diving attempts by defenders, he also had a bunch of TDs dropped and had 2 bogus INTs credited to him.

14. 101GangGreen101

The issue is, Greene, Powell can't catch. McKnight is very questionable, and I don't think he has the drive to succeed in that role. Even so he's a 3DB at best. We need an all purpose back. I can't see Gilleslee being the type to carry a full load on this team when it comes to running and catching, but Gio whose now healthy can accept that role.

Gio / Powell / McKnight is a pretty decent tandem. 2nd round pick would be great value for a potential top 10 back. Especially in the WCO.

Sure we could go out and sign Reggie Bush, but who knows what kind of numbers he would ask for.

If there were no market for Greene's services, then sure bring him back - but what is the asking price? 2M / season? No thx. 1M, eh enticing but I would really have to think about it.

#5494 101GangGreen101, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL... Sometimes I just read Junk for fun....

He's got nothing but a knack for Revisionist History....

Never in all my time on message boards and the internet have I seen a poser lack so much depth, scouting opinions and plans to Fix problems BUT, All the answers for what happened in the past and why the past was so much better than you might have remembered it.....

That QB, that BLOWS.. Well, blah blah blah blah blah - He's actually pretty good.....

That 6-10 season you thought was dreadful... Blah blah blah blah, it was actually one of the better years

16. nyjunc

Your reading comprehension is pretty poor then(we all know that), someone brought up the past so I discussed it but if you go back through the history of this board I always discuss going forward.

Nice deflection though, you are good at that. The same guy talking about how he didn't like sanchez coming out 5 years later is talking about revisionist history. You are a special person.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

One position this team can not let be is the RB position. Honestly, I think the team sees it the same way too. I loved McKnight coming out of college. I thought he had all the tools to succeed. It never worked out for him though, not sure why, could be because of coaching or himself... but I wouldnt count on him at all at this point. He even said it himself, last year was his make or break year to prove that he could be a starting RB in the league. Powell beat him out on the depth chart and he didnt get much playing time.

With the amount of quality RBs in this years draft, I find it impossible to believe that we dont address the position in the first 4 rounds.

And as Greene, he'll have some market. The Falcons and Broncos have already contacted him. He probably wont be a started, but he'll find a role in some rotation.

18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I've wondered the same thing, he's looked great at times. Is his blocking just not good enough? Why doesn't he get more carries?

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well he had fumbling issues early on and wast very good at pass protection.He seems to have improved on both, but who knows now. I wouldnt count on him anything more that 5 carries a game + returns.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

His blocking is atrocious and he fumbles at a very high rate. Other than that he's great :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.