Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Mark sucked this year, no one is disputing that. He was really good in 2010, he's shown we can win big with him. Even much better QBs struggle in postseason, it's hard to win, we have a QB we KNOW we can win big with if we surround him w/ the right cast.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We're never going to be able to surround him with a 2009 and 2010 cast again. That will take years. Those teams had a lot of talent and many QBs would've "won big" with them.(not winning any championships or divisions is now considered "winning big" - who knew?)

An easier path to winning is to axe Sanchez and hope to acquire a QB that can in fact "win big" by making the players around him better - something Sanchez was never able to do.

Not only is it quite impossible to build a roster equivalent to those '09 / '10 squads with Sanchez's contract and definencies bogging it down, but it's easily years and years away. Whats the point of hanging onto a crappy QB for years to build the team around him, when he can easily be replaced as well?!?

But we're never going to get you to understand the reality of Mark Sanchez...you've shown it in the past with other shitty players/coaches. Even if Mark Sanchez is QB'ing next year and falls on his face again.. and the year after and the year after... you will still point to '09 and '10 and deflect blame on him. That's Tebow fan boy stuff and although I respect your passion for the Jets over the years that's pretty pathetic.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No he was not "really good in 2010" he was AVERAGE that year.

The majority of the fanbase myself included has lost all confidence in him winning games for us. WE don't believe in him anymore. In 2009 he was bad but he was a rookie that was thrown in the fire so we gave him a pass. In 2010 he improved and shown flashes that he could be a good QB, but he wasn't good that year. In 2011 despite throwing/rushing for more TD's he regressed in almost every other category and his 2011 collapse down the stretch made things worse. 2012 you can forget about it.

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You put all the blame on Sanchez that is the problem. The offense sucked last year period. Sanchez's problem is not reading defenses or throwing the ball his problem are two fold 1. The receivers were so bad he tried to make something out of nothing take the sacks or throw the ball away Mark tried to make the miracle throw.

2. His Fumbling he holds onto the ball he will be a much better QB.

There is a reason Schotty and Sparano got fired. Schotty was an average OC sparano just plain sucked.

Sanchez played some of the worts Qb I have seen in the Cardinals game and close in the Titans game.

He is a fifth year Qb that has not lost the team he will get another chance to step-up with a real OC. He still has no weapons but hope the ones he at least stay healthy. I have never seen a receiving core so banged up before.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The problem is, how long until our run game, wide receivers, OL, ST, and defense hit that right cast again to be 2010 solid? Probably 2-3 years best case scenario meaning we hit every high draft pick, the salary cap increases, and we don't miss on a FA signing. We need to see Mark improve dramatically to stay on this team after next year, otherwise rightfully so he will/should be gone.

Per football outsiders, our regular season rankings in 2010 were
    #3 OL
    #5 rushing game (#16 offense overall)
    #5 defense
    #5 special teams

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

7. nyjunc

yes, getting to w/in a game of the SB is winning big. Winning2 playoff games a year all on the road is winning big, I guess you'd rather win a div title and not make the title game meaning you have no shot at a SB.

Better QBs w/ MUCH better talent have struggled to win in postseason, we didn't have some incredibly talented team. It was talented but nowhere near the top teams in terms of talent.

It won't take us long to rebuild a roster as good or better than those years, we have a good solid base of talent(assuming we keep Revis), we need to draft well and do a good cheap w/ moderately priced FAs. Things change quickly in this league, even w/ just good health we'd have much better weapons for mark. You guys act like we are the 1989 Jets.

he was really good, he wasa key to helping us win 11 games and get back to postseason.

This is why we have the worst fanbase in all of sports, we have fans that follow the team closely and just don't know what they are watching. Give up on him, give up on the team, who cares what you guys think? who cares what any of us think? I hope the team isn't dumb enough to allow the fans to dictate another move.

w/ good health and re-signing Braylon our WRs will be MUCH better in 2013. We'll have a good WR corps if that is the case. We need a RB, we nee some OL help but it's not hopeless.

I don't care about rankings, that's meeaningless to me. Do those ranbkings take into account our receivers couldn't get open and our QB was forced to either hold onto it or throw it away?

Our STs were a disaster in 2012, I think that invalidates any of these rankings.

Our D was better than 2011 but a lot of that had to do w/ our O being so bad and opponents knowing they would beat us as long as they were conservative.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No he was not "AVERAGE" in 2010, he was BELOW AVERAGE that year.

9. The 1985er

Sanchez was a major reason why the offense sucked last season. Our receiving corp weren't the best but if we had better QB play we win 9 games minimum. We would have beaten the Titans, won the first NE game, beaten SD at home that's 9 wins right there plus I say we'd even beat Buffalo in week 17 with better QB play.

My point is that despite that we may have had injuries this season, we STILL could have won more games than we did. The QB is supposed to make his receivers better not the other way around.

Yes he was key to helping us win 11 games that year BUT he was not good that year. He was average at best, he made plays to help us win games.

Lol

10. nyjunc

he was well above average, he was a top 10ish QB in 2010.

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL @ "the Bashers" needing anything to boltser anything...

The guy had his Head up a linemans ASS!!!!!! For Crying out loud WTF has to happen for "The Worshippers" to get a clue.

12. displacedfan

I don't even know if he will be better. I hope he will improve enough so the Jets didn't miss twice on the Sanchez investment, but I would be much more confident in Sanchez if he just plateaued and didn't regress so much.

Simple things like ball security, throwing in front of receivers, throwing the ball away, Sanchez just seemed to forgot how to do. That's the concerning part. He didn't just stop improving, he went backwards on things that are not team related. Ball security is on him, throwing the ball away and not into coverage is on him, throwing in front of a receiver on simple crossing route again is on him.

I think you misread what I posted. I posted the 2010 rankings for the team, not 2012.

13. The 1985er

Just to see where you're at I'm gonna name a few QB's that could all be considered top 10 in 2010. Name at least 1 QB you would take out to replace in favor of Sanchez.

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Michael Vick
    Phillip Rivers
    Eli Manning
    Tony Romo (although didn't play half that season due to injury)
    Jay Cutler
    Matt Ryan
    Matt Schaub
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Joe Flacco

14. nyjunc

oh, ok but those can be misleading too since our run game was pretty avearge that year but some Brad Smith trick plays and a meaningless week 17 game against Buf badly skewed the #s and rankings.

15. The 1985er

And you know what's funny? If Sanchez didn't turn the ball over so much we'd tolerate his lack of other abilities. But the turnovers are just killer, especially when you don't have the ability to make plays CONSISTENTLY.

16. nyjunc

I will do better than 1.

Eli- threw TWENTY FIVE INTS, team missed playoffs. In week 16 game that was essentially for the playoffs he threw 4 INts in a blowout loss to GB

Romo didn't play so how could he be better than mark in 2010?

Schaub- great fantasy QB, once again led team that was expected to be a playoff team to missing the playoffs.

Rivers- great fnasty #s, couldn't lead team to playoffs in WEAK AFC West division.

Flacco was similar, Cutler was similar.

17. nyjunc

he didn't turn it over a lot in 2010 w/ 1 fumble lost and 13 INTs(2 of which were BS against GB). he did this year forcing plays in an attempt to take a shot b/c our receivers were so bad.

18. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez in 2010
    19th in touchdown passes
    26th in yards per attempt.
    27th in passer rating
    29th in completion percentage

There was nothing top 10ish.

And this was his best year.

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

He had 8 fumbles, and managed to only lose 1 in 2010, which is a statistical anomaly since QB's usually lose 50% of the fumbles they make.

Furthermore, here is Mark's career stats:

2009: 23 turnovers
    2010: 14 turnovers
    2011: 26 turnovers
    2012: 26 turnovers

20+ turnovers is normal for him, 2012 was not an aberration based on poor talent.

20. displacedfan

Football outsiders doesn't take into account non RB runs when ranking teams so that cancels out Brad Smith. (It also has rankings with non RB runs and we are still 5th). It is also much more than just ypg so one really good game won't swing the rankings too much.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

It's usually a very good and accurate measurement of teams and units.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.