Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The Jets were 11-5 2010 and and most likely a defense of stop away from the SB. Mark was a big reason the Jets were 11-5 and even bigger reason for the playoff run. Why is that so hard to understand?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Favre was the same in Dec as he was in october, his injury didn't derail- his poor play derailed us.

Sanchez had a good year for a rookie and if he wasn't good in postseason we don't win any postseason games. we didn't lose any playoff game b/c of QB play.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez 2010 Stats:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9269/gamelog?year=2010

3291 Yards
    20 Touchdowns, 14 turnovers.

Shadowstat:
    9 fumbles, only 1 fumble lost

Typically QB's lose half their fumbles. Regardless, is 3300 yards a good season for a QB?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...onType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

2010 New York Jets Pass Offense Rank: 22
    2010 New York Jets Rush Offense Rank: 4
    2010 New York Jets Defense Rank: 3

The Jets Rushing attack and Defense carried Mark Sanchez to the playoffs, much like 2009. Mark was not a big reason the Jets were 11-5.

Well, he might have been a big reason for the 5, but he wasn't a big reason for the 11.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

How did we win the Texans game? Lions game? Browns game? Broncos game? Without someone throwing the football, we are an 7-9, 8-8 team?

Remember the 3 games after the Ravens game week 1? Who helped us get to a 3-1 record?

You can't use statistics entirely for your arguments, they only tell half of the story.

Sanchez played his role that year. Last season, he played like crap. 2011 after the Giants game, he played like crap that's already established.

5. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Actually thinking back.... we entered week 10 or 11 at 8-2

6. Organized Chaos

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We were a pretty good team that year, high expectations, we played good balanced football. I enjoyed everything about that team despite the 45-3 debacle. We weren't a great team, but we were good enough to win it all.

Mark helped us get to 11 wins, he played his role and we reaped the benefits by getting to the AFCCG. Don't act like he didn't do shit to help us get there, that's bullshit.

EDIT - You need to ask yourself this question, do I want a stat padding QB that can't win games late or in the playoffs, or one that can win games late and win us big games when needed? I like the guy that can win us big games, not the one that chokes

8. nyjunc

The rushing attack was up and down, after a great 1syt month LT was terrible most of the season, the D continued to play and up down blowing numerous late leads only to be rescued by Mark and the pass O. It's not all about black and white stats, mark and the pass O pulled out 5-6 games late that year after the D blew it our our run game was not effective.

In 2009 the D and run game carried us in the reg season, in 2010 Mark was a huge reason why we won 11 games and made a return trip to the title game. Unfortunately for him and us his D once again cost us a SB trip in the title game.

9. Organized Chaos

How about game logs then? You're arguing that Sanchez "helped" us to that 3-1 record? Lets look at those games.

They were against the pats, bills and dolphins. They were ranked 21st, 26th and 9th in fewest passing TDs given up. So really, two of the three teams were a joke as far as pass d.

Lets start with the New England Game:
    The defense forced three turnovers. Mark had 3 touchdowns. Was Mark a big part of that?

The Jets had 3 offensive touchdowns in that game. On the first drive Mark played well and the Jets scored after starting at their own 28. On the next Sanchez touchdown drive, the main play in the drive was a 31 yard run by Tomlinson. On his final TD drive, the key plays were 2 PI calls drawn by Braylon Edwards.

Overall, I'd say Sanchez had little to do with winning that one, other than not screwing up the three turnovers handed to him by the D, and capitalizing on his run game and good starting field position.

In the Miami Game Sanchez also managed 3 TDs but only completed 53.6 of his passes. The defense forced an int.

Sanchez in this game had one good drive too like the NE game it was the first one (likely scripted). On his second td pass drive, he was set up with great field position (started on the 49). The ball was moved down to the 12 for him by a personal foul call (15 yards) and a 21 yard run by Tomlinson. On his third touchdown he hit a short pass to Braylon Edwards, the corner slipped, and Edwards took it for a long touchdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0So9Rq0WuP0

So basically, we've been through two of the games, and Sanchez had two good drives where he was contributing to the offense scoring one of his passing TDs. Both of those drives were the opening drives of the game.

Finally we come to the Buffalo game. Sanchez had 161 yards and 2 tds. Tomlinson and Greene ran for 273 rush yards and 2 tds. One of his td passes was set up by a defensive forced fumble and a 21 yard greene run. The other was a long pass to Braylon Edwards.

Overall, Sanchez was not a big reason we won those three games as you argued, nor was he a big reason we won 11 games in 2011.

He wasn't even a big contributor on most of his own TD drives in those three games. The running game dominated the bills, the defense won against the pats, and the Miami game was won by a combination of the two (and a Miami defender falling down).

10. Organized Chaos

You Sanchez homers are hysterical. Your arguments have no basis in reality whatsoever.

11. nyjunc

dirty: you may want to watch those games and actually watch football in general if you don't think he was excellent in the NE and Mia games early in 2010. The Buf game we ran all over them but he was still flawless that game. The NE and Mia games he was great inclduing rescuing our choking D at Miami.

12. Organized Chaos

I watched those games. I watch plenty of football in general. Arguing that anyone who disagrees with you "must not watch football" is intellectually dishonest and insulting. I've watched every game Sanchez has played, many of them at least twice. He's good when he gets hot and he had good WRs (Braylon/Holmes). He gets too cold, he's inaccurate far too often on easy passes, turns the ball over too often, and in general didn't contribute to the 2009/2010 AFCC runs any more than any mediocre QB could have.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol here we go again. You guys need to realize there are people who are realistic about Sanchez and know that he is a bad QB and there are people who are going to continue to put lipstick on a pig for anybody who gives them attention

14. Organized Chaos

Yeah I'm pretty much just feeding trolls at this point.

15. nyjunc

you can take it as an insult but based on yuor statements you either didn't watch or don't know what you are watching.

16. nyjunc

and there are people that truly understand this game and understand the circumstances around the 2012 season but the #s say he sucks so he must suck! you know what really sucks? not being able to think for yourself.

17. Organized Chaos

Clearly, anyone who disagrees with your opinion doesn't know what they're watching.

18. Organized Chaos

Who's arguing 2012 when we were talking about a three game stretch in 2010?

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Exactly. Presuming to know other's thought processes and that they came to them based on fantasy numbers is ridiculous. As if nobody could break down tape and come to the conclusion that Mark Sanchez is bad.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Me in late 2008 watching USC and Sanchez to my FIL:
    "Man this guy is so average - He's got talent all around him and still looks blah.. Mediocre arm. But, watch, he's going to be the freaking NYJ QB."

Me March 2009 SHOCKED at the ppl like Mayock who like Sanchez as a a 1st round pick - "REALLY, the guy has little experience WTF??????? Ask Parcells - No way this guy is a 1st round pick"

Me walking my New Born during 09' draft since the Jets don't pick for a while after a text from my buddy saying "Dirty Sanchez".... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :falls to the floor NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I'm damn good at calling QB's......

The saddest thing looking back then and to now - Sanchez would not rate out higher than Barkley if in the same draft YET, Barkely is a very iffy 1st round talent....

This is a horrible QB draft by all accounts - And Sanchez would probably be the 3rd or 4th best QB in THIS draft...... Behind Geno, Behind Barkely and then we can debate 3rd, 4th 5th QB....

Most People, most Jet fans since that 09 draft just never grasped what I Preached and never grasped how Insanely Horrible that draft pick was....

if the Jets drafted Barkley next month, Jets fans would go INSANE - Where was everyone in 2009????? Where was the outrage... People were just too drunk on Rex, the Super Bowl and all the bluster to realize just how stupid that pick was.

/rant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.