Comparison Quinn and Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I know but i also know that they know Quinn is actually worse , so when jets4lyf tries to desperately change the subject , and concerned and deathstar (I consider him one of the top jets fans on the site he gets along so well with them) and the entire hate crew deny it, tap dance around it. Its fun to watch.

You are tap dancing.

Quinn sucks ...A LOT more than Tebow , its ok to admit it man.

It's me. You'll be ok after.

You are rambling. Changing the subject and dodging the point of my post.

Quinn sucks more, way, way , way more. By any measure, wins, statistics, head to head competition on the same training field.

Its not remotely close to neck and neck and this post was to underscore how Idzik is the same old same old when it comes to jets management IQ, he fits in perfectly.

I appreciate your answer actually. I understand what you are saying but I think its troubling that Idzik is even linked to wanting to bring in Quinn. Quinn can not run the jets offense either , in fact he can't run ANY offense.

2nd valid point after Long time's , appreciate it and probably, barring a miracle this off season, why Tebow's career is most likely over. ^^^^^^^ this is the anti tebow argument there is no counter for.

I do not think Mark Sanchez is better than Tebow, he might be marginally better than Quinn. Mark is so bad they had to invent another word to describe him " Calamachez" (Calamity + Sanchez), I once supported him but I now feel like a doofus because of it.

I can list future hall of famers like Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey , and stand up superstars like Von Miller who say otherwise (BY MILES) and I'll trust that over Jets hack reporters making up stories. IN fact I'll take jets who went on the record like Devito and hall of fame coaches like Westhoff over the anonymous sources. But you can keep hanging on to those anonymous sources and hold them tight to your chest because its all you got.

Tebow was also voted top 100 players in the NFL a month before that vote, maybe we should not put too much stock on NFL players only votes . Interesting how Tebow who has upside and s already hands down better than Quinn, as shown by wins, statistics and head to head competition, should be dumped in favor of the Quinn status quo . You should apply for a job on idzik's staff.

#41 CowboysFan, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

I don't need anything. I've watched the games. I trust my eyes. I can see that Tebow is a terrible quarterback.

I don't need player quotes to understand that Tebow is a bad teammate and a selfish athlete. He asked out of the offense because he didn't get his way. It just so happens that there are plenty of teammates that have think he's a bad player and teammate. Being anonymous doesn't mean they don't feel that way, it just means they know they're saying stuff they shouldn't be saying. It's another problem with the team, but one step at a time.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Rex and Tebow both said he did not ask out. I guess you can believe whatever it is reporters say, that's your holy grail of faith, keep worshiping at the alter of Manish.

4. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Multiple sources confirmed that with ESPN. I guess I should believe that all the reporters are lying and not the guy, Tebow, that has already been caught lying in the past to protect his reputation.

5. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

Arguing stats for "QB's" (using the term loosely) like Tebow, Orton, Quinn, and last year's Sanchez performance. It's like last call at a singles bar where you have an amputee, burn victim, meth addict with no teeth, 400 lb'er and 75 year old left giving you the eye. You really want to argue positives and negatives of each one vs another to take home? Just pay your bill and walk out the door man. What a waste of your time.

6. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

How is that tap dancing to point out the flaw in going strictly off the stat sheets, which are TEAM stats generated with 21 other guys on the field, to determine the better QB.

It also isn't tap dancing to admit the BOTH suck a lot of ass, and want a third option.

To me, there isn't much of a difference between Tebow, who finished dead last in passing in most major categories, but can run. ....and Quinn, who might finish about third or 4th from the bottom in pass, and couldn't outrun a fire plug.

I'm hardly arguing in favor of Quinn, I'm just saying there's gotta be a much better option out there. Tebow sucks ass. Quinn sucks ass. Tebow's record would be just as shitty as any of the others had the defense not held so many teams to 15 points or less. Anyone outside of Tebowmania can see that.

7. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

While you were watching Sanchez start his downward spiral in 2011, I was watching Tim in Denver. So I cannot compare the two. However in 2012 you and I both were watching the Buttfumble King and comparing the two is like night and day. If Tebow is a terrible QB as you say, how much further down do you place Buttfumble?

8. Concerned_Citizen

Buttfumble was a single play from a QB who we all admit sucks ass.

Tebow went a whole season leading the league in three and outs and throwing dirt missiles.

They BOTH suck. What I don't get is why you see it for one of them, and have him written off as a complete bust, but are in complete denial for the other player, who sucks in his own right.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That mighty Denver team that was 7-24 in previous 31 games was actually held back by Tebow when they went 8-5 after he started! Who knows what could have been if Orton had just stayed in , maybe 13-0! They might still be wining superbowls if they weren't still trying to get over Tebow's dirt missiles.

You have completely re written history :breakdance:

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Yup its a waste of time yet you took an entire paragraph to answer and still couldn't bring yourself to say what you know to be true , Quinn sucks worse than Tebow

11. Concerned_Citizen

Holy crap, you really overdosed on the Tebow kool-aid during your, uhhh... vacation.

Hate to break it to you, but Orton, Sanchez, Tebow, and Quinn all suck golf balls through a rubber hose. You're arguing which is better when I think they all rank somewhere in the 40s range in top QBs is hilarious.

12. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

There it is.....

13. Concerned_Citizen

Yep, but those others can play third string in an NFL offense. Since tebow flat out refuses to switch positions, he's likely to be done in the NFL after 3 years. yet another three and out. Fitting, huh?

Not many teams looking for a Tight End playing out of position. Those that might be looking can always pick up Collin Klein in the 5th or 6th round of the draft. Yet another running QB who can't throw worth a shit, who would be better suited for another position but insists he is a QB. He's yet another one of those all intangibles guys with zero measurables that people love to root for, but I can personally live without. About the only thing he doesn't have that Tebow did at this stage of his career is a very myopic fanbase and a media circus following him around. Perfect.

Any team (a VERY short list) looking for one of those would just draft Klein.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Kool aid? we have had this argument before 1000 times, its incredible you keep bringing it up.

Here is what I have to say about Tebow and Denver (for the 1000th time) lets see who is more reasonable...your argument is that Tebow actually held up the Broncos (because in your own words everyone had to carry him) here is my argument...lets see which is more reasonable and who is drinking what kool aid.

Concerned Citizen : Tebow is a dirt missile throwing disaster and the entire Broncos team saved his butt and carried him to the 8-5 record in 2011 and the playoff win.

Cowboys fan: Tebow was not the only reason the Broncos completely turned around that abysmal record and ended 8-5 with a playoff win , obviously special teams and defense were a huge part.

BUT without Tebow the Broncos do not go 8-5 with a playoff win , as Tebow is one of the 3 pieces that were necessary to get that accomplished. Quinn and Orton would not have had that success running the traditional offense. The Tebow offense McCoy and Fox installed was better at getting wins and Tebow executed it very well (especially for being thrown into it in the middle of the year). The other two components for the turn around where defense and special teams . Yes tebow had hot 4th quarter drives that got Praeter in position but prater came through again and again. The defense made stop after stop and Tebow executed a made out of thin air offense to the point where Denver was the #1 rushing team in the league .... It all worked, together.

Therefore Tebow deserves as much credit for the turn around as the defense and the kicking game (he was one of the 3 pieces) .

15. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned Citizen: Tebow won a lot of games because the defense bailed him out.

Cowboysfan: He took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh.

You only change it up when called out on it, but in the next thread, you're gonna say "tebow took them" in the next thread.... guarantee it.

...and of course you always miss the part where I always say tebow was part of the turnaround, but got far too much credit for it.

of course you also always dodge my take about what Orton's record is when a defense gives up 15 points or less. Wonder why... ? Is it because is shows Tebow's role in the turnaround is overrated if Kyle Orton can win with that scenario too?

#55 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Concerend I can pull out that argument from over a year ago in this forum and now I am off to make you eat your own words :

here found one from 6 months ago saying the exact thing to you of all people, i can go back to early 2012 as well but the search engine is brutal . read response # 54

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=75166&highlight=Praeter&page=3

#56 CowboysFan, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  17. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Like Cowboysfan, I have never said that he is a great player, only that he has upward potential.

Which whole season was that? He didn't start until the 5th game of the season last year. But somehow you have twisted that into a "whole season". You can't even keep your arguments straight. I see you have over 900 posts about someone you don't care about, playing on a team you also don't care about. Is your life that empty that you have to seek out forums about someone you don't care about, just to start arguments? Is this the only form of socialization and human interaction you get each day?

18. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

Tim is going into his 4th year. He is past the point of "upward potential." After four years of high level college ball and three years practicing and studying film in the NFL some noticeable improvement should be evident. His last NFL start was a horrific individual effort (against a defense he had already seen) after he played well against the Steelers. If he truly has the work ethic his fans claim, he may have simply reached his ceiling. That makes him a 4th year quarterback with 16 starts, a 9-7 record and a playoff win, not really that impressive. TJ Yates, Vince Young or Rex Grossman anyone????

19. Potzer

Potzer New Member

He has made noticeable improvement...

I saw it in the pre-season games.

He throws a better ball then he did his rookie season.

If you didn't notice him throwing better during the season, maybe that's because he didn't throw during the season(8 attempts iirc?). He just ran QB power over left guard 55 times.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Close enough. He did have 16 starts, and he wasn't exactly Mr. First down in his first 3 starts.

They weren't leading the league in three and outs under Orton, far from it. They weren't great, but they actually stayed on the field more, plus some interceptions helped keep three and outs and punts low. so if you are trying to pass a lot of the blame on to him for that, you're fighting a losing argument.

Orton sucked for different reasons.

yadda yadda yadda, there you guys go injecting personal shit. Don't be a demos9.