Bart Scott Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ATL-JET, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He's available for an affordable 50M/6 year contract.

He does bring attitude and personality!

He will be a wise investment for the future success of your team, I bet ya!

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Now they are 6 million under and have only 24 positions to fill(20 FAs and the 4 cut today)...haha.

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Haha. Bart is a good guy to poke fun at, but I think the Bills would benefit from some of his qualities that a previous poster highlighted: never wanting to lose, passionate, not being afraid of anything or anybody.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

These are BASIC qualities of any player, in any sport. Without those no man or woman has ever become a pro-level athlete.

If your Toronto squad needs a player to fortify those basic qualities, you guys are in so deep shit it's not even worth making fun of.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So where does this leave us? We have like what, 4 mil in cap space? Not much else we can do short of restructuring some contracts. Should restructure Harris's and Holmes. Wish we could extend Sanchez for less money so it won't destroy our cap so badly.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea please defy gravity and come "down" to Buffalo Bart. Hopefully they do go "up" there , and i hope there starters to. Leave it to the Bills to look through peoples garbage cans for scraps

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Bart will be a good addition for your team. He can still play 2-downs & he's totally familiar with the defensive coordinator your team has hired. Assuming the Bills will run the same style of defense, you guys will have some problems adjusting right away but Bart can help speed that up.

He's not the long-term solution for ILB @ Buffalo but that doesn't mean he can't function as an adequate transition player in the meantime.

8. Bills over Jets

You mean like how the Jets sifted through the Bills' trash and signed guys like Aaron Maybin, Ellis Lankster, Shawn Nelson, and put in a waiver claim on Trent Edwards?

Dude, this is the nfl... Everyone signs with new teams lol. Hell, isn't there a thread on your board right now dedicated to which retread garbage QB you want the Jets to sign? LOL

Everyone signs players who played with other teams...

9. Bills over Jets

Feeling those emotions on the inside and projecting them outward are two different things. That's what the term "vocal leader" means.

10. The_W

The_W Banned

How does one defy gravity by going "down" to Buffalo?

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good times Bart. It was time to release him though.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I hope Bart is back in a backup/special teams role. Good guy to have on the team I commend him for his service for the NYJ he was a part of 4 top 10 Ds.

13. LongIslandBlitz

Nelson never amounted to shit, I didnt even know about the Trent Edwards waiver claim(and either should you!) and Aaron Maybins best year was when he left the frozen pile of dung.Its kinda funny that "Buffalo Bill" was a freakshow in the movie "Silence of the lambs"i wonder where they got the inspiration for the name?

#33 LongIslandBlitz, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Now I'm expecting Pouha's contract to be re-worked.

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

wait a minute.... I thought Jets are a bunch of loudmouthed all-talk-no-play assholes. That's what I've been hearing for the past 4 years from your side. So now you're looking to become just like Rex & Co, is that it?

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

You don't need to point out the features of Bart Scott. Here's what he is at this point in his career. He's a guy who talks a lot of shit, randomly mind you, who simply cannot get it done on the field anymore.

By all means, sign him.

With that said, he was once a key cog for this team specifically in helping to transition to the Rex defense in 2009. But the 2013 version of Bart Scott is drastically different than that version or the version prior to that. But hey, what do I know.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Wait so Bart was an assclown shit talking mess with the Jets, but if he does that with the Bills he'd be a vocal leader? stfu man.

18. LongIslandBlitz

Because NY/NJ is under buffalo , to go "down"........whatever i was in the middle of writing an explanation for it and just stopped screw it lol no it doesnt make sense

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Last time i checked Australia was 'down under'....duh

20. Bills over Jets

First and foremost, why the hell are you so angry? LOL.

I don't care for the way some of the Jets talked publicly, that doesn't mean I don't want that attitude in the locker room. The Bills don't have the same "open door policy" that Rex and the Jets have with the media, so I don't think Bart would be as vocal publicly.