Arthur Brown

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

what do you guys think of us drafting him early second? or late first (if we are able to trade back)?

this guy is a complete linebacker.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

One of my favorite players in this draft, just don't think the Jets will consider him.

Brown is a very productive linebacker, but is slightly undersized, which wil keep him from being a higher pick in Rd 1. Browm will most likely be a mid to early 2nd Rd pick.

I think Brown could be the most NFL ready LBs to enter the NFL. He should step in and be a productive player right away.

3. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. the most NFL ready linebacker in the draft class.

4. Quack

Quack New Member

He's an amazing player who plays like he actually is as big as you want him to be. I don't think I've ever seen a college lb show the anticipation that Brown does or his penchant for knifing through slits in the offensive line to get into the backfield. I don't know if he can leave the first round in a sane world, but like WW85, I don't know that the Jets would consider him.

I think you'll find that everyone agrees on how amazing he is but everyone is afraid to take the shot on him, which is silly, but unfortunately how things work. One of those things that seems so perfect as an idea that you don't want to risk reality ruining it for you.

5. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I like Brown. Mostly as a weakside LB in a 4-3 but the guy does just know how to play and is a leader. I think if you're putting him in a 3-4 you're putting him on the WILB spot and you'd better have some beef in front of him. He's smaller than Vilma, and wasn't Vilma pretty much a washout in the 3-4? Not saying he can't succeed in this front, just think it's not an optimal fit.