Laron Landry on First Take

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Feb 6, 2013.

1. The_W

The_W Banned

Ok, that explains it then. Also, I'm not sure I agree with what you said that Reed will get more than Landry. Reed's old, somewhat injury prone and a shell of his former elite self. Landry OTOH is young and coming of a PB season (how much does that speak of his actual ability, I don't know, but you know it's going to be an accolade his camp will be referring to in negotiations) and the only knack on him is that he will likely be prone to injury also.

Jairus Byrd and Dashn Goldson will be the top tier safety's if neither of them gets tagged, and once their deals have been signed, it will be define the safety market and it's ceiling.

To sum it all up, I think Landry will get the 3rd most valuable deal of FA safetys after Byrd and Goldson.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You may be right, but Landry is certainly an injury concern too.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I don't think Landry is getting Ed Reed money, given he played one less game this year than he dod the previous two, and. He's not a turnover.machine....

However probably the only way we keep Landry if we can deal Revis. Then you can give Landry 6 mil this year, and long term deal with a good bonus

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Is Ed Reed at his age going to get a big deal? I can't see that happening, at least not a long term deal. Ed is certainly slowing down but he loves Rex- would he come here for less?

5. The_W

The_W Banned

Why would he come here for less?

He just won a championship in a team he's played his whole career. The reason he is going to FA is to cash one more time. He certainly does not love Rex enough to pass on his final pay day.

6. nyjunc

He's won a championship and Rex is his favorite coach. I don't expect him to come for less but you never know.

7. The_W

The_W Banned

He also has a good relationship with Pagano + Indy has cap space, so I think if he's going with family ties, Indy would be a better option.

Also, why the fuck would we even want Reed here? Sure, if he came out of the 2002 draft, but not in 2013 at 34 years of age, no thank you.

8. nyjunc

Maybe but Rex is his favorite coach, he was talking about how he wished rex would have gotten the HC job as recently as a year or 2 ago.

We are going to have 2 new starting safeties, why not one that knows rex's D and could be a good leader on defense?

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

He also gushed about Bill Belichick so I hope that isn't happening. Who knows where he will end up. I hope we don't overpay him

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I think Landry will be back. I may be in the minority, but I think he'll be top priority and Revis will be traded. It makes sense based on the performance last year. I'd rather invest 6-7 million in Landry and keep Cro (hopefully restructured), than overpay Revis and possibly lose both. Safety play was a big weakness in 2011 that teams constantly exploited.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Coming from a championship team to a sub .500 rebuild, and for less money - tough sell.

Thank god we have Sanchez to wave in his face.

12. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

can someone please confirm who Ed Reed's favorite coach is, just one more time?

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

WOW, I agree with this post.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It is refreshing to see that Landry thought Tebow got the raw end by Rex. Rex still being here is an utter joke. Hopw do you justify it. Mark will be the starter next year because of Rex still being here.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Mark is not going to be the starter next year. At least, not without competition. And if he is, I'd wager his leash is going to be very short. As in, Week 1 short. Particularly if he tries to give the game away.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Loved Landry & really appreciate what he gave this team. However, Jets have a shot to add decent starting Safety up till round 3 (or maybe round 4) this draft. Shake his hand & give him a gift basket & let him leave.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Get over it Tebow sucks

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you truly offer nothing to any conversation

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If I was a betting man, my money's on New England for Reed next year. They're one of the prohibitive favorites next season and they'll figure out how to bring him in for a short term deal. His manlove for Belichick is evident. He'll be a patsy next year and probably have a bounce back year. I could totally see it.

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Oh lord...being a tebot has made you sound so stupid...

Rex was screwed by a worthless GM...the worthless GM giving a bad contract is the reason Sanchez starts...