Percy Harvin's Future Up in the Air

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TurkJetFan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Possible Revis deal here? Trade Revis for Harvin and a 2nd (level of draft pick up for debate)? With AP dominating in that offense and showing there are no concerns, and with the Vikes secondary being an ongoing issue I think this could make sense. What are your thoughts? And please, spare the flaming this is just a general thought.

That way once Holmes in gone we'll have Harvin and Hill, two young high upside WR's one of which is ready to be a true #1. And in a WCO Harvin's YAC potential could be huge.

Coach Leslie Frazier acknowledged Percy Harvin's future with the team "remains up in the air."
    "We definitely had to talk just in general about a lot of things," Frazier said. "We had a good conversation. We talked, and it was good conversation. So, hopefully, everything will work out." The plan all along for the Vikings was to re-do Harvin's contract once he enters the final year of his rookie deal, and now that the 2012 season is officially over, that time is now. Harvin (ankle) passed his exit physical and is currently scheduled to make $2.9 million in 2013.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Is Percy Harvin once-in-a-generation type of WR? That can change the game? Like Revis is at his position?

3. TurkJetFan

There are few players that this can be said for. Revis' situation is unique. He's coming off a knee tear and is entering his final year and asking for $$$$. Under this thinking asking for a 1st shouldn't happen either because we have no way of knowing that the player will be a once in a generation type player or even good at all.

With the current circumstances not in play the Jets wouldn't be looking to move him at all. Although, they MAY have no choice. And if that be the case Percy Harvin would be a nice return with a draft pick of some level added. He has game breaking ability at WR and KR, can play RB too and fits the short passing game of a WCO to a tee.

This is a matter of money not ability.

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Problem with Percy is the guy is beyond fragile

5. The_W

The_W Banned

Do we always have to have a new "INSERT_PLAYER_NAME's future uncertain, possible trade for Revis?" -thread every time a player might be available? Couldn't this have been posted in the Revis thread?

Or in short, SIGN THIS BEAST!

6. TurkJetFan

In 2010 and 2011 he played 14 and 16 games respectively. Last year he suffered an injury that could have happened to anyone.

The main concern with him would be migraines which has not been an issue for near 2 years.

7. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I don't get the obsession with Harvin, the guy is good, but he isn't a Randy Moss in his prime. I'm tired of the constat pursuit of Wide Receivers. Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, and Hill are a great WR group, if we get a good quarterback I wouldn't be surprised if we have a pair of 1,000 yard receivers next season. Many here are really underestimating the potential of guys like Hill and Kerley, they are going to be great for this team. #1 priority on offense is to get a QB, then RB, then TE, these are the top 3 concerns in my opinion.

8. TurkJetFan

I suppose, but this so far seems like the most realistic of options. Unless we want to continue entertaining Alex Smith.

It makes sense for both sides IMO. So yeah, if you don't like the thread move on.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I do think Revis should be traded but:

1. For Percy Harvin? So we can enjoy watching him chilling on hospital bed?
    2. Revis for Harvin and 2nd? That's selling yourself short any way you look at it.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If Harvin can stay healthy, then absolutely you have to entertain the thought of getting this guy. Jets have wanted him for years.

11. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

I need to buy my first Jets jersey anyway. I wanted a Revis one, But its so obvious he's going to go.

Harvin 12 in Jets green! BOOM!

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'd recommend Mangold jersey. He's gonna be around for a few more years. Not Revis greatest-of-all-time-dominant but he's an elite player.

13. TurkJetFan

If you actually look at Harvin's injury history you will actually find he's no more injury prone than the next guy. Harvin is a #1 calibre WR and a 2nd (or something else for that matter) is fine. Make it a 1st if they are willing to dish it out.

Harvin and Revis have both had the exact same # of majory injuries in their careers. Outside of his migraines which are no longer an issue the injury prone tag on Harvin isn't accurate.

14. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Harvin cannot stay healthy...that is too big of a risk to trade Revis for him. We should find something else to trade for him. If we want a young wide receiver with potential why not bring in Titus young? I'd rather get a first round pick and then some for revis to be honest...not some injury prone wide reciever(even if when healthy he is a beast).

15. TurkJetFan

i can't address the injury prone thing again...

Titus Young? First of all the guy is nowhere near the level of Harvin. Second of all he's as clear a cancer as there is in the league as of today.

16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Vikes won't do this trade . Their secondary is young and up and coming. Harrison Smith was beast last year. Watch out for vikes D next year.

Harvin is awesome and thats why he'll want a bigass contract next year too so how does that help us?

#16 74, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  17. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

yes Harvin can change a game rather quickly. He is not REVIS like at all but Harvin and a second round pick is a good deal. We are not going to win a thing this season even with Revis healthy. We need talent and I am all for the possibility of a trade.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I want 1 and 2 so Jets can fill multiple holes.

Frankly, Harvin does look attractive, but I'd consider that, Braylon Edwards/Stephen Hill/Santonio Holmes/Jeremy Kerley pretty decent starting WR corp. Two tall WRs outside, and two shifty WRs inside. To bring in Harvin, Jets would either dump Holmes in any way possible (I don't see that happening) or stunt Kerley's growth - another no-no in my book.

19. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

yeaaaaaaa looking more into it i actually agree with you lol...no titus young i forgot he was being a little bitch...our locker room is already shit he will just add to the circus...but with the harvin thing yes harvin is better, but titus young would be free(as in not losing anything) and i don't think trading revis for harvin is a good idea.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Harvin's a nice talent but honestly I don't want anymore retreads. The way the Jets roster looks right now they need to trade for draft picks only. Picking up someone else headache won't help the Jets get to the next level.