Kenny Vaccarro, Cordarelle Patterson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Feb 3, 2013.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

I follow him to. As days pass I question him more and more. His #1 overall player is Mingo and he thinks Patterson is a top 15 pick/talent. I completely disagree with both of those. He also rated Cooper above of Warmack a little while ago... Sometimes you have to sift through the bad stuff.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

In today's NFL and with the modern TEs I think the value of a safety has risen significantly! As for Patterson eh... I'd prefer we address other positions before.

3. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Speaking of guys shooting up the boards i'm liking Ansah from BYU. Used to be a track star but looks like a freak in these highlights. Maybe the speed rush guy we are looking for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMtBmOdYsqo

4. cambam71

cambam71 Member

.......:mad:

5. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Really don't think we will be left with anything too good at 9. Meaning also no one will give up much for us to trade back. Pass rush isn't our biggest need but this team needs PLAYMAKERS. He could be a bust but do u have a crystal ball?

Plus we will be losing a couple LB's this offseason too...

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I've been touting Ziggy as a potential jets pick since October. He is extremely raw from a technique standpoint.

He is a very gifted athlete, but i think my favorite part of his game is his awareness. He comes of blockes to track down screens very well for a player so raw. He also gets his hands up in the passing game very well, finishing second on BYU with 8 Passes defended.... as a DE. His power at the point of attack and his closing speed are very, very good. I belive he can easily fill an OLB role with the updside to be much, much better as a pass rusher than Thomas or Pace.

He needs a lot of work on his hands to be a pass rusher at the NFL level. He will need time to develop pass rushing skills and that could drop him a little. I see him at a top 20 guy, but sadly maybe not top ten. There could be more developed pass rushers with just as much upside around still.

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If we take Patterson or Allen at #9, I will lose my mind. Both WR are over rated. I would much rather go with Williams, Hunter, or Dhop with our 2nd. If we went the WR route.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

WW is right. Vaccaro is a very good athlete. He looks the part physically and he's good in coverage for a safety. He was part of a defense that allowed a lot of big plays, and he was a part of it being out of position at times, and he wasn't as much as an impact player as he could have been.

I wouldn't take him at 9, but he'd be a very good fit for this defense. I just don't see him as an impact player. He showed flashes of top 10 player ability, but not enough of them for me to pick a safety that high.

9. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I like Ansah a lot he seems to have all the tools and speed with all the upside still to come...people can call it a reach but not if he puts up 8 sackss next year. ( Not over Jenkins of course )