Anybody else depressed by the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Feb 2, 2013.

1. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Last year was depressing to watch. This year, not so much because neither the Giants nor the Patriots are in the Super Bowl

2. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

the most depressed I was watching the Super Bowl was Packers Steelers...we were so close, I simply could not get that out of my head watching the game.

3. Angel

Angel Member

Nope, the Jets didn't deserve to be in the playoffs this past season and I'm happy that the Pats are gone, should be a good game!!

**** you New England!!!

4. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

It sucks quite a bit because these two teams have the same philosophies as the Jets; they just execute them SO MUCH better than the Jets do. But the Giants-Pats Superbowls were definitely worse.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I didn't even watch the game.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

this SB just reminds me how far away we are from competing for a SB.

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Packers-Steelers and Broncos-Falcons were easily the two most depressing superbowls for me to watch. We were so close both years.

8. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

im more depressed just because i was PROMISED a fucking SUPER BOWL

but this super bowl should be great. its what football should be about, hard hitting defense and running the ball down the other teams throat

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

no patriots, no steelers, no giants - I am happy enough with this SB.

I like the niners and don't mind the Ravens so I am happy enough regardless of who wins.

I also do not believe that the Jets will ever win a SB in my lifetime, in fact having followed the Jets not for nearly 30 years, its probably more likely than not that they wont win a SB before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

10. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Haven't watched the Super Bowl since the Colts and Bears. Finally a year I don't hate both teams. I want ray to get a ring I refuse to root for Flacco the hear how he's elite

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm not this year frankly because we all had to figure by the mid-point of the season that we were not a SB caliber team.

Giants/Pats last year I was. 2009 and 2010? I was borderline not going to even bother watching.

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

THIS exactly.

I saw this thread initially and thought it was stupid, because the Super Bowl is such an awesome event...but my friend's team is in it, and all my other friends teams are good teams with bright futures...all of my friends teams made the playoffs..then there is me...with my pathetic joke of an organization I for some reason root for.

So yeah it is rather depressing.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm depressed by the Super Bowl every year. I wasn't alive for sb3. My best friend invites me over every year to watch patriots sb dvds. I decline ofc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm depressed by this power outage nonsense. I hope NO never gets another SB.

15. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

To the OP.

Yeah, that's how I've been feeling for the last decade. These same teams, who make it every so often, make it look kind of easy. But for some reason, the Jets make it seem like it's impossible.

I don't know, but maybe Namath sold his soul to the devil, and the one stipulation he would have to agree on is never seeing the Jets win a championship again in his lifetime.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I was kind of forced to break my boycott of the Super Bowl until the Jets made it because I was at a Super Bowl party. That said this is the least depressed I've been during the Super Bowl for a while. This Super Bowl gives me hope. These are primarily defense centered teams with QB that are not "elite". I was starting to think that it was impossible to win the Super Bowl if your QB was not named Brady, Manning, Rogers, Brees or Roethlisberger.

Side note: I think we found another trade partner for one of our starting CBs. The 49ers Culliver is terrible.

17. JohnnyS2

JohnnyS2 Member

Not so much as in past years. Based on our team, I don't see any kind of SB appearance for years.

Not when we were up 10-0 in Denver all those years ago....yeah, that SB was tough to watch since I know we would've beaten the Falcons.

18. gonyjets

gonyjets New Member

Anybody else depressed by the Super Bowl

I always watch the Super Bowl cause I am Jets fan first football fan second, but just once I would love to know what it feels like to have a dog in the fight, but until then I will always watch the game

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The two AFL teams that won the Super Bowl haven't been back since. Jets and Chiefs.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Joe Flacco played as well as you can ask for any QB. Same for Kaepernick. They may not be "elite", but they played like it in the playoffs. Each teams have a TON of weapons of offense as well- Boldin, Jones, Smith, Rice, Pierce, Pitta, Crabtree, Gore, James, Davis and Walker. I would take any of them over what we currently have at that position. They also have or had outstanding OLine play. The way I see it- if you want to compete for a SB you have to surround your QB with a ton of talent.