2013 TGG 3 Round Mock Draft / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Jan 6, 2013.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Some of you guys drafted really well. IMO

I'm skimming over the team picks and I'm very impressed. Sadly I think that the Dolphins and Pats are drafting really well in our TGG draft here. haha.. Good job BtB and Harpua

Bengals draft looks really good to me as well. There several others but off the top of my head those stuck out. This has been fun, I hope we can continue this tradition moving forward.

Sorry this has been a bit stressful for ya, WW. You are doing a great job though, as always. A lot of us appreciate your dedication to this, it doesn't go unnoticed. Thanks.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Appreciate the efforts of the veterans on board. Made for a fun experience.

My approach was to make picks based on need with regard to contracts, injuries, and recent draft picks etc etc.

I do not usually like the BPA approach unless ur skill positions are stacked already or there is a player head and shoulders above the rest.

Does make for controversial picks at times but if u have solid evidence to support the pick people can criticize all they want.

3. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Glad I got to fill a major need with a good player. Dr. Andrews (at least according to Marcus) said he is going to "shock the world" with his recovery. He is currently running in a pool. All three guys the Packers got have been talked about in the past couple weeks as first round talents. Whoever it was that made the Okafor pick in the first round nailed it for the Pack. There are still good centers and options as backup QBs for future rounds. I could have done better with Frederick in the second, but Jones is a good value where he was taken.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I took Nico Johnson for depth/starter at the ILB position. It was obvious with Cushing out, that defense struggled. I feel that Nico is well coached and plays very hard. He has the skill set that the Texans can truly use in that 3-4.

I feel like I got a real good player with my last pick for the Texans.

Texans -

Justin Hunter - WR
    Margus Hunt - DE
    Nico Johnson - ILB

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

gonna get on main cpu to make pick in like 15 min.

6. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Just wanted to run through my Jags picks real quick.

Werner is a stud, should be an ideal bookend in the short term for Babin and long term for Branch if he pulls it together.

Kyle Long will be a first round pick more likely than not by April, bloodlines, athletic potential, and physical ability will outweigh lack of tape once scouts see him at the combine.

Brian Winters has first round ability, people just see him as a tweener because he finished up at LT for KSU. Excellent feet and an aggressive streak, Winters can play.

They need to set up their OL around Eugene Monroe, an elite LT. They'll suck next year too so in prime position for a QB.

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We got through alot of picks today and not one before this last one was by me :D Really good job, hopefully that maybe sways WW85's decision. Regardless, these have always been a blast and are loads of fun and I try my best to help out.

Took a G/C here since the Broncos are aging badly in the interior lineman department and had some dire hits health wise....got good value.

Neither the Bears or Broncos drafts really have a sexy pick, I didn't take one skill player so I know neither of them jump out at people but I made the necessary moves for both teams. Both are fine at the skill spots for the most part, they need those unheralded players now. Gotta win in the trenches and build up some players at the dirty spots.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If anyone takes a risk on honey badger this early it should be the pats. They have the vets to help keep the kid in line and badly need some playmakers in their defensive backfield.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

I second MeanDean. I think everyone here did a very good job. Addressed needs and nobody really reached on a player.

And thanks again WW, I love this and its probably one of, if not the best part of the entire forum. I hope we do the 7 round mock... I mean if you didnt want to take on the responsibility I could try and take some of it over (maybe split it with someone) because I would hate to see it go.

Maybe for the 7 round mock, I thought of something(s) that could help out with people not making picks and slowing down the process (although today was much better and the picks flew by)

- maybe start on a saturday being that no one has work or school and everyone should be around a computer or at least be able to check a phone.

- have the GMs create a realistic board for each round of about 5-6 players that could or should be around by that teams pick. If they forget to send the boards out to you or JTJ during the draft, the pick can be made from the pre-existing board.

...just some possibilities to help alleviate frustration from you and all other GM's.

#489 laxin, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I sort of lucked out, both of my teams had major D line needs. And D line is loaded in this class

ATL would be absolutely loaded on the defensive line for years

Detroit needed two ends and now they have a guy with good upside across from Megatron

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Lol Steve, I just sent in my board and Faulk was my top pick, well played.

12. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

That's what you get for winning the Super Bowl!

13. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Thanks everyone for letting me join in. I like stuff like this a lot. Looking forward to talking draft with all of you as the zeroth season trudges on.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Appreciate your comments.

I can't expect and don't want everyone to be on-line all day, it's unrealistic. If everyone would send their board, even if they might be on-line or not, the draft would run even smoother.

What is frustrating, is GMs that make the commitment and blow it off all together, even aftrer confirming my PM notice. Then, they just ignore the draft and don't even have the balls to at least apoligize.

Also, I don't understand why people can't forward their boards, I only received about 5 or 6 boards this entire draft. I guess GMs would rather let us wait so they can make the pick.

I have run this draft for about 6 years and it takes a lot of time. I'm just going to take a break and not run the 7 rounder this year. I have a lot going on in March and April with projects at work. This is the main reason I'm going to take a hiatus. I will consider/probably run the 3 Rd next Jan.

I appreciate the Vets in this group......BakerMaker & TCGF have been with me from the beginning. Harp, JTJ, MeanDean have also been around a while...all of you guys have been great.

If anyone wants to run the 7 Round draft you're welcome to do so.

15. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

As far as the Faulk pick goes, McKinnie is a FA and they have tried Oher at LT before without success. I was planning on going ILB here, but Faulk was the last big LT on the board and he fell this far due to injury, so I had to take advantage. I'm very happy with how the Ravens draft turned out, but I wouldn't be if that's who they got in real life!

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Ill go over my drafts briefly-

Jets- My main goal was trying to build up the offensive talent in this draft. I truly believe its what the Jets have to do and its a step in the right direction of fixing this team imo. All of the players were arguably BPA, and all fill huge needs. They fit the offense very well and should change this offense around. Fisher is a top 10 player and is a good fit in this offense that demands tackles with great feet. He has tremendous upside and could most definitely play left tackle if needed. With this, Howard, Ducasse and Slauson/FA can battle for guard.

Lacy is a stud and a tremendous runner. He has decent hands and can contribute in the passing game as well. Obviously we all wish Gio fell, but it didnt happen. I dont think Lacy is that far behind him, if at all.

Patton is one of my favorite prospects and one who I think will go higher. He's a top 5 receiver on my board and is perfect for the WCO. He's the opposite of Stephen Hill from last year- hands catcher, precise route runner, and didnt rely on being a physical freak in college. I think he will go much higher, but if he makes it this far it is a blessing.

Colts- Main goal was to try and address the defense and the offensive line. Being that the Colts dont have a 2nd round pick, its hard to do all of those things. In the first, I would have loved if Cooper or Lane Johnson made it to pick 24, but they didnt. I went with a player who I personally am not a huge fan of... But that might be because of the talk of a top 10 pick with the Jets. In the mid 20's, I think its a solid time to take a chance on a player with top 5 upside. If he played better this season he would easily be a top 10 pick. The off year scares me, but lets see what Chuck Pagano can do with him.

In a 3-4 defense, the OLB and NT positions are arguably the most important. Again, with no real great OL value, I go defense and fill that NT position. Brandon Williams is a stout NT from a D2 school that shined at the senior bowl. He's got the size at 340 pounds and has very good leverage at 6'2. He's not going to finesse you... He knows what his strengths are, and he's going to push that pocket.

Overall I really like the Jets draft and think the Colts did alright- could be a huge success if Mingo even comes close to his potential. I know many would be in love with the Jets draft if Lacy was Gio, but I can live with that.

17. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I think the Colts got great bang for their buck. Good picks at those spots, IMO.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah Im sure that can be extremely frustrating then. I mean at that point, you just have to hope those people that sign up are responsible enough to stick with their commitment. This is supposed to just be an enjoyable thing (and it is for the most part), and GM's dropping out make it harder.

Completely understandable with work... I mean this is just a forum after all. Im sure the 7 rounder tradition will keep going.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think next time I run the draft I will only take about 10 GMs and everyone will have about 3 teams. It will only be the GMs that have shown their commitment.

As far as most on-line drafts, a Round a day is still pretty good.

Overal it was a fun draft this year....it was very competitive.

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Another great 3 round mock fellas. The first day was a bit shaky but we really finished up nicely the last two days.

Honestly, I was going to come in here and talk about a few drafts I liked but I cant separate them apart, everyone really did well for their assigned teams.

WW85, appreciate all the work you do in this forum. You may just think of this as a simple thing for us but its more than that, its a tradition, and always exciting for everyone. I understand your need to take a break, totally warranted. I'm hoping we can continue the tradition in March combing together to repeat the great draft you've set up here over the years.