Cromartie To Be Traded Instead??Cimni

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Jan 27, 2013.

1. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

I wish there was a way to get rid of Holmes so we can keep Revis, Cro, and Landry

2. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I think it is pretty logical to PREFER to trade Cromartie. Revis is a better player, and a better locker room guy. However, Cro is under contract in 2014, and Revis isn't. Revis brings better value in the trade market, and Cro proved last year that we don't lose much without Revis.

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

they would have to unload both of them just to get enough $$$$ to pay revis what he thinks a cornerback is worth. remember, his agent/uncle shawn shotgun his way out of one team to get grossly overpaid by another one.
    by the way, how did that $15 million corner work out for the eagles?:shit:

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

The money should be spent on QB, OL, and LB's. If the players deem it worth it, you can extend that to WR, and CB, but you can not win in this league by putting more money in your secondary than the above 3 positions.

There is nothing saying you can't do it, but this league is QB, OL, and LB's. With an above average QB, an above average OL, and an above average LB corp, you can win with average other positions. Look at the mold that has won the past super bowls, and annual playoff teams.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Revis also agreed on his current contract to a de facto no hold out clause. Why do you think he would not agree to that again?

6. Big Blocker

This is an urban legend. Denver went into their divisional game against the Ravens with a top Qb, above average LB's including one of the best, and a decent to above average OL. They got torched by Flacco going to Smith and Boldin.

With Revis on that Bronco team, they would be going to the SB rather than tuning up their golf games in Florida.

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

Do not compare Revis to Nnamdi, unless he gets hit by a truck or traded.

8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Maybe they don't get a first round bye or maybe they get pounded all day by Ray Rice if they have money tied up in Revis that could be going to other areas.

Just pointing that out. I have no input into this discussion of whether he is worth it or not.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Den wins that game easily if their top QB plays like anything close to a top QB. They didn't need revis, they needed Peyton to play better.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, Peyton Manning looked old and slow and his throws didn't have a lot of zip on them.

11. Big Blocker

bwah hah ha! You're agreeing with junc, dude. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Yeah, the Ravens passing game had nothing to do with the final score!

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It rells him he knows what he is talking about. I know you struggle w/ football but your reading comprehension is just as bad. Nowhere did I say Den's D didn't play a role but Den was handed 14 pts on STs, an average game by Peyton and Den cruises to a win but instead he turned it over 3 times leading directly to 17 pts- THAT is why they lost.

You should pay attention and learn rather than look as foolish as you normamly do.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I like grapes