Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Its a joke drew..total joke. Its so tough to get a major storm and the most difficult is cold air..really cold air. And that has been there for almost 10 days now.

Monday morning starts out with some snow/sleet/freezing rain light..before changing over to rain.

Then a warmup during the week..back up to 50 before another cold front comes through and a chance of a storm later next week....yeah..right. Im going with the real pessimistic attitude to see if that works better.

2. jaywayne12

snowing here in north jersey...too bad this thing didnt wind up and get stronger because after being so cold..everything is sticking so fast. Roads covered...it will last another 3 hours and we should get about 2.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This has got to be the fastest Snowstorm in the last 5 years! Not even an inch out here in SoCentPa. Hell, I didn't even salt the driveway. Looked out the window and saw a beautiful full moon. Oh well. Better luck next time!

On the bright side of life, Spring is under 60 days away and counting and I'll be back at Belmar, NJ after Mother Nature's bounty from the sea. If it aint' gonna snow, then dammit, get to the Spring thaw and move this along.

I have a feeling spawn will come early again for us fishermen. I'm thinking end of March if there's no prolonged freeze.

4. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I was driving my work truck today in a downpour that was freezing on the windshield. The defrost was able to keep a small window of clear glass open for me to see the road, but the rest was just getting thicker with every swipe of the wiper blades. People were pulling over all around me, some out scraping off the ice. My truck is way too big to just pull over, so I had a bit of a white knuckler going. Right now, every solid surface outside is covered in a quarter inch of black ice. Good thing I'm one of a handful of people in SC who owns a pair of ice cleats.

5. jaywayne12

wow...that sounds bad hiker...thats was so dangerous when you have very cold temps at the start of even something that is small. We received about an inch or two here and the roads are solid ice...side roads are horrible. The cold temps the past week meant anything that fell stuck.

On a side note, the storm? for Monday may be a bit of a dangerous one for some. Freezing rain seems to be a problem for some. Where that line sets up is a question but right now, sections of north jersey, NE PA..southern NY state..and Central and Wester Conn...might have a decent bout with sleet and freezing rain. Not a heavy event but one that could be dangerous.

Will keep an eye as we get closer.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hiker be safe and drive carefully :beer:

Jay,,,the snow will come my friend ! Kinda like another jet Super Bowl ,it ain't happening today but it will happen ,,,,,,,..,,as for Monday ,,does this ice event start Sunday nite ? Worried about my commute Monday so let us know more details as you get them .

7. jaywayne12

Early Monday morning right now..not a huge event but at some point the precip will turn to freezing rain. Could be a tough commute unless temps rise quickly in the morning. Will check later tonite again.

And yes..the snow will come..you cant waste a great pattern all winter. You can see Im not even posting models showing upcoming storms. All of a sudden...almost all the models put out a big storm for Thursday..out of nowhere...and I was about to post it here LIKE I ALWAYS DO THE PAST 4 YEARS...and said..no..Im going to wait 24 hours.

And now its gone again. As soon as I see 48 hours of models agreement I will post it..even if its over a week away.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

jay

Can you check Orlando between Feb 3 and Feb 8?

accuweather says temps will be above 70 all week and no rain. I know we are still 7 days away from Feb 3 but maybe you can look at your magic sphere ball.

9. jaywayne12

Here is the national weather forecast for Orlando. Its a 7 day outlook so just keep updating it everyday.

Too bad you are not going down there this week...80 highs in the middle of the week.

So far, its looking consistant with partly cloudy low 70's highs and there doesnt seem to be looking at any real cold fronts coming through but I will keep an eye out. Remind me on Wednesday and I should be able to pull data to kind of cover your whole week.

Here is the link:http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Orlando, FL, USA

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks Jay. I will knock your door again on Wednesday. My boys are pretty excited, I don't want weather spoil their vacation. Thanks much

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay ,,,,,,,,,,what can we expect Monday ? Let us know,,,,local guys say it starts around 10 a.m. or so and the afternoon and evening is a mess,,,,,let us know what you think as if what they say is true I will be bolting out of work to come home early so I am not driving on a sheet of ice :beer:

Nw new jersey / rockland here .

12. jaywayne12

Looks to start even a bit later than that but..and its a big but...when these mini storms come through with temps close or a bit over freezing during the day...the stick factor comes in.

Problem with that..and why this will become a mess fast, is the real cold temps we have had for a long time now. This will stick from the start so afternoon rush could very well be a mess.

13. jaywayne12

just looked at the icing maps for tomorrow afternoon..yuck. This little storm is going to cause a lot of problems evening rush hour.

14. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok we will see what today brings but it looks down rite nasty today with ice and freezing rain,,,,,,be careful all :up:

#2755 CBG, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This just in,,warm today,,.downrite hot tomorrow and Thursday we get back to reality,,,,,,now where is the friggin snow :breakdance:

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Fuck winter, 51 days till spring.

18. jaywayne12

No where to be found..but since it seems like spring...and Hemi is counting the f'in days...and I agree...lets have spring weather.

And I dont just mean the warm weather.

Just looked at the latest models and holy moly...huge storms coming through tomorrow and especially tomorrow night. Perhaps some January Thunder and Lightening? Wouldnt not be surprised at all.

Huge cold front with very warm temps in front will cause big downpours tomorrow night with close to 2" of rain for most areas.

Didnt even look past that to see if snow is showing its face but will now.

Going to have some flooding issues tomorrow night and get ready for a January Thunderstorm...very rare indeed.

19. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We should not be talking pitchers and catchers just yet,,,I don't care if it's almost 60 degrees out ! Where is the freaking snow ? My kids ( and me ) want to go tubing and sledding and make a snowman and an igloo and all that fun stuff ! Not to mention the snow ball fight that should be taking place,,,,so dammit where is the freaking snow :up: