Alex Smith....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mark Sanchez vs Alex Smith. Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end of life as we know it.

This would be prob the most entertaining TC battle ever. 2 QBs that have issues with confidence.

2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, this is the first trade involving Revis I've heard that makes sense. Alex Smith is a quality QB who lost his starting job because of injury, not because of play. He has what it takes to be extremely accurate without making dumb mistakes. He'd make a great fit on the team.

3. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

if he's FA, anyone can sign him.

Jets are not getting into a bidding war for Alex Smith. They can't and they won't.

Only way you see Alex Smith in Jets uniform would be through a trade.

4. 101GangGreen101

Wait until you see him play along with our personnel, your perception of Alex Smith will change so fast. Perception vs Reality right guys?

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There is no way it's worth trading our biggest trade chip for a stop gap QB in a year where we're not winning anything. No way.

If we trade Revis it should be to build for the future.

6. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Playing in the most ruthless unforgiving city in the world, no less.

Brb making popcorn.

7. Number 10

Number 10 Member

No thanks. I'd rather draft a second round QB and let him sit and learn for a year.

8. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

I was never suggesting that we trade Revis for Alex Smith. I was just responding to a post that said we can sign alex smith as a free agent.

I was pointing out that "IF" Smith were to be in NYJ uniform, it would only be possible through a trade.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol @ him asking to be released. They owe him 8 or 9 mill if he is on the team next year so I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that assumes there would be a bidding war for an average QB.

11. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Even if it's just two teams that are interested, he will get market value. There are lot more than 2 teams that need a QB.

Not to mention, Smith was coming off a fairly good season before the injury with 70% completion and 100+ qbr.

Talk about the system and the coaches all you want, but in a QB driven league where Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn gets a big deal, Alex Smith will get his.

12. The_W

The_W Banned

First of all: Alex Smith, fuck him. His a total fucking JAG and a bust. He was only servicable with a former QB as his HC and a very strong supporting cast on both sides of the football. Guess what, he won't have those luxuries here.

Second of all, people seem to forget that before Harbaugh salvaged him, he was total fucking garbage. Worse than Sanchez has ever been. This guy was beyond horrible, was benched numerous times and even had the 49ers home crowd chanting for David Carr to replace him.

Finally third. OP, are you fucking retarded?! Not only would you want to trade for Smith taking his ridiculously high salary with him, you'd use one of 2 of our top 5 players as trade chips? Cromartie for Smith straight up?! AYFKM?
    Did you try it already in Madden?

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

If we trade Revis for anyhting buy draft picks or good young talent, then this team is as stupid as all these reporters say. Alex Smith has been midiocre his whole career until he got a real good coach, a really good run game, really good run game, and good targets. No thanks on Alex Smith, unless its for a late round pick and Harbaugh comes with him. I wouldn't give Cromartie for Alex.

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The jets fans want to make a change just to make a change. Is pretty sad that we think Moore, & Smith can come here and light it up. Those guys sucked before and Smith obv got better when harbaugh came.

Lets not make a change just to make a change, knee jerk moves never work.
    The best cb in the NFL being traded for a back up/ mediocre qb? I mean seriously wtf? Lets get real if u trade Revis for Smith and Sanchez gets in competition with Smith and Sanchez wins then what lol. That is not far fetched that Sanchez wins the qb competition vs Smith.

You trade a star for star, or a star for future STARS.

15. 101GangGreen101

Don't put me in that group. I agree with you 100%. You don't make a change just to make one. They are delusional at best. Especially Alex fucking Smith.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Revis for Alex friggen Smith.. Okay..

I'm done reading this board.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

would you do it for a 1st, alex smith and lamichael james?

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Prior to the last influx of sensible post, I was really getting worried.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

alex smith for revis straight up would be retarded.

alex smith, a 1st and a young player at a position of need for revis would not be.

but of course at the end of the day we have no idea what kind of offers or negotiations will be made...we may like something on paper but in reality teams may be driving up the price for him all on their own.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The 49ers 1st might as well be a second rounder since it will be so late in the round. Also "a young player at a position of need" is such broad statement. Are you willing to take any player on their roster that fills a need as long as they are young?