You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Of course Rex wants to keep Revis, he's not looking past next season.

Rex knows his days could be #'d and he isn't going to want to trade away his best player.

As far as Sundquist and his blog, it's surprising to me the candidates aren't made to sign a confidentiality agreement.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

only because Hunter was injured, Niners fans love Hunter.

I am not saying that these would be good trades, or ones the Jets should take, but they are more realistic than people thinking we are going to get two 1st round picks for Revis - I would be very surprised if they could get 1 first rounder.

3. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

I'd love Revis, Rodgers, Megatron, Fitzgerald, Peterson.

But this aint madden. Tanny Fucked this team with contracts, and Revis wants to much.

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Rex might have only one season to prove to new GM that he should keep the job. Of course he'll want Revis. Too often coaches (in all sports) that begin reconstruction projects get fired right when finally begins to rise up again. Then you're fired & left job hunting with a big hit on your W/L record.

5. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

For Minnesota, how about Percy Harvin and a 2nd rounder? Minn is in dyer need of a CB to shutdown Marshall, Megatron, Cobb/Jones/Nelson.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I agree. Every QB being talked about, Flynn,Moore :rofl2:, Smith.,is inferior to MarkyMark.

Of those on that list, only Smith, could push him.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I have had security clearances in a number of different jobs. What a clearance means is that the organization does a thorough background check on you to make sure that

A) You are the right person for that job

and

B) You are not someone who would compromise the interests of that organization

None of the background checks performed on me exceeded the cost of 100 thousand dollars.

I can guarantee you that Woody paid far more than that to this consultant.

If people on this very forum knew that Sundquist was an avid blogger and extremely media-conscious, maybe it should have been a red flag for a team that has been scrutinized and abused by the media.

Then again, maybe the Sundquist interview was the Jets hiring a media man under the guise of an interview.

I'll be interested to see what further "leaks" he comes out with.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I wouldn't say they're inferior.

I would say that none of them, Sanchez included, is what we need at the QB position.

9. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I can't believe what I am reading on compensation for who arguably is the best defensive player in the NFL. A low first round pick?! AYFKM?!? Have all of you forgetten some recent trades that have gone down in the league? Let me refresh your memory:

OAK gave up a 1st rd pick for Seymour
    OAK gave up a 1st and cond 2nd for Palmer
    AZ gave up DRC and a 2nd for Kolb
    Colts gave up a 2nd rd pick for Vontae Davis
    ATL gave up 5 picks just to MOVE UP to draft a rookie!

Revis isn't worth more than Palmer? Gimmie a fucking break...and dont give me that "its the raiders" shit

I dont give a shit that he's coming off surgery...so did AP and look at his season

I'm not saying he's untouchable but jesus fucking christ get the shit outta your eyes and heighten your expectations.

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Thank FUCKING GOD you're not our GM.

11. AlToon

AlToon Member

And how much could the Jets expect in return for Revis, generally acknowledged as far and away the best cornerback in the league?

“They’re going to ask for two [first-round picks],’’ the source said. “It’s going to take probably a first and a third [round pick] and salary ... picking up the money end of it is a big consideration as well. Maybe a throw-in seventh-round pick depending on how well he does.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/nfl_exec_jets_could_get_st_rd_for_bCXyrAQB0v6IXwJkjzZM7L

Two NFL sources told The Post yesterday the Jets were floating their interest around the league in trading Revis before he suffered his season-ending injury — a clear indication they have had no plans to sign him to the long-term contract he wants.

One source told The Post that, before the injury, more than one league general manager reached out to Revis’ agents to say the Jets were exploring their options for trading him.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/revis_wants_to_run_dash_N7JtAAmUowI7BwNng58MAP

So much for Mr.T never trading Revi$. The Jets were exploring their options last summer.

#1011 AlToon, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well if the rumors are true of teams lining up and this becoming the biggest trade market of all time then we will be able to name our price. I'm thinking a 1st and 3rd is the minimum but most likely even more then that.

Those saying a 2nd as the max are out of your minds. For some reason I feel the NFC South is most likely, either TB, NO or Atlanta. All have dire needs, can consider themselves contenders and have a history of making big moves. If I'm TB with extra picks or NO with an older QB I'm breaking the bank.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Straight up trade with the Giants for Pierre-Paul and a 2nd.

14. AlToon

AlToon Member

1st round pick in 2013

Quality young player-former 1st or 2nd round pick from the past few years

Conditional pick in 2014. Starts out as a 3rd. Can become a 2nd based on the number of snaps Revi$ plays. If Revi$ signs an extension with the acquiring team,the 2014 pick automatically becomes a #1 pick in 2014. That's why I would work with the Revi$ agents about getting him to a spot he is willing to sign and that team is willing to fork over more than $50M guaranteed.

Conditional pick in 2015. If the acquiring team wins the Super Bowl in 2013,the Jets get a #2 in 2015. If they don't win,no pick.

Play the other teams against each other.

#1014 AlToon, Jan 26, 2013
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

throw n.o. out. they are in cap purgatory like us.

16. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Do you folks forget about his ACL injury?

A potential trade is being made when no one knows how that will heal and if he ever gets back...This factor lowers the value you could get from him.

He could return and be bad, decent, or great...No one knows...That risk will lower the trade value...

A second round pick boosted to a first or an additional lower pick (4th), additional pick is more likely of the two, based on conditions will be the best the Jets can get for him.

If I'm Woody, I'd make the trade...Already in salary cap hell, pissed off from last time's contract garbage, ACL Injury, Bigger needs...Move on and try to focus whatever cap space can be managed on the OFFENSE...

#1016 deathstar, Jan 26, 2013
  17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I don't believe that the Jets were shopping Revis early in the season. It just does not make any sense. Hell, this whole situation does not make any sense.

Does trading Revis this offseason even help our cap situation for this year? (serious question)

Let the man play out his contract. We have all next season for contract talk, nothing has to be done this year. You DO NOT trade your best player when his trade value is at its ABSOLUTE LOWEST, period!

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Did you forget that it's 2013 and an ACL isn't nearly as scary as it used to be for an athlete? He can't be traded without passing a physical btw.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Is this a joke?

20. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

You guys are nuts - just b/c AP came back from surgery quicker than anyone does not mean that Revis will. Logic like that is insane...Any GM trading for Revis would be crucified if they gave up the farm for him and he wasn't 100%, and just passing a physical does not guarantee any high level of play.