You are a GM...what will you trade for Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 23, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Claiborne was the first corner taken last year and he got over $16 million guaranteed (total) for 4 years, so your figure is a bit off. I get your point though. They also aren't getting anywhere near Revis quality play the overwhelming majority of the time.

I don't see how Revis isn't worth at least 1st round pick.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

I agree. And I dont see why the Skins would give up Cousins with RG3 current injury and injury history.

The Dolphins traded 2 seconds for Brandon Marshall and the Colts traded a 2nd for Vontae Davis. Revis is better than both of them combined We traded a 2nd for Cromartie when he was coming off a down year and had big time character concerns. Kevin Kolb got a 2nd and Rodgers-Cromartie... Why wouldn't Revis get at least a 1st? I dont care about the injury. He'll recover.

Plus, his game isnt built around freakish athleticism- he's so great because hes a technician and has instincts 2nd to none.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Unless Mike Tannenbuam was hired by another team I doubt this deal goes down without a new contract at least agreed in principal.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

In my mock draft I had Revis trade to the Bucs for their first rounder.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think the Bucs could be a good trade partner. They have a big need and showed last offseason they are willing to give out big time contracts.

6. The_W

The_W Banned

How fucking retarded is this?

Why would anyone in the Lions organization even consider this? The best WR in the league is far more valuable than the best CB is. If you can't see this, I don't know what to say to you.

If we wanted Megatron for Revis, we would have to up that offer with possibly a 1st round pick too. It just seems that people can't grasp that a single CB doesn't have that great of a value compared to other positions. There's five eligible receivers on every play, taking one of them away doesn't stop an offense.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

I think its pretty clear that if any deal were to get done it would involve a contract extension. Otherwise I doubt the Jets would even entertain anything less than a 2nd round pick (because they get a 3rd round comp if he walks anyway) and I doubt a team would give up a 2nd for 1 year unless they won the SB.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Exactly. Any GM that gives up a 1st round pick for Revis (or even more) is gonna be out of a job as soon as Revis walks out on his team to play somewhere else. Acquiring Revis guarantees you only ONE season & that's coming after surgery.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Just a first or do yu think we can get more?

10. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I swear i think some of the tebowmania logic has spread to Mevi$ fanboys. Classic cases of player > team. With classics like "just pay the man!", "trade him and i leave!" And the best and most ironic "you don't trade ur best player for unproven draft picks.....(followed with) you sign M€vi$ and build your team through {drum roll} draft picks." :-D. The only circus is the GG forums. Can we put the MEVI$MANIA forum up?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

How often do you need Revis quality play?

I am not trying to undermine Revis's ability or need. However, you are putting a lot of eggs in 1 basket for a cornerback, albeit, the best ever.

Asante Samuel was traded for a 7th round pick. I am not comparing his ability to Revis, but Samuel is pretty good.

In my mock, I traded Revis to the Bucs for their 1st based the poll taken on this board, and feel that is equal value right now. However, their need for a single cornerback is there. We have Cromartie, and are only upgrading our second cornerback position.

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I believe it is the 13th overall, and is a lot, but maybe a conditional for 2013 as well.

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Almost a certainty that Revis is traded with a new contract. Furthermore, the Jets can't afford the cap hit.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The reason that Megatron is worth more than Revis is that every down that Megatron is on the field the opponent is getting fully challenged and the Lions are getting full value for his money.

10+ games a year Revis is matched up against somebody that any decent corner can cover well and 16 games a year the other team can win the game by throwing to somebody Revis is not covering.

15. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

Can't believe you guys are trying to talk your selves into trading Revis.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's the least bad choice facing the Jets with Revis at this point.

He's built no trust at all that he's going to help the Jets retain him and they have no leverage past the end of the 2013 season.

If we could retain him in a way that the Jets could compete I'm sure he'd be retained. We just can't do that and given the relationship that the Jets and Revis have had over the years there's no way to get to a point where the Jets could start the process.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I can't believe another guy with Revis in his screen name doesn't want to trade him.

:beer:

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The Redskins aren't trading Cousins at this point anyway, not after Shanny destroyed RG3 in the playoffs.

19. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

Okay lets trade a top 10 player in his prime for a potentially good player.

Revis deserves the money, we have overpaid so many guys that are busts now and now we are hesitant to overpay the best defensive player and maybe the most valuable player to his team.

Why should Revis suffer because of Tannenbums decisions to sign players to freakish contracts?

Revis should've had this contract biz finished 2 years ago but the Jets are trying to milk him until he is injured (like now) or old so they wont have to meet his demands. We overpay Sanchez after a bad year and he didn't even ask for a extended contract...

If Cromartie didn't have the amazing year he had (Best cornerback in the second half easily) then we would be crying about how this is the dumbest decision ever.

Jets fans...smfh

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Is L.Tomlinson going to commit on this?