QB options for Jets (Merged Thread)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ben Had, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If you follow college football so much you would know that elusive is the last way anyone would describe Glennon.

If you read taht draft forum you would know that there is a QB thread where he and others are talked about at length.

People need to stop cluttering the board up every time they have a thought about a player. Read wahts already there FFS.

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This..

Glennon is a statue. However, if he stands sideways he is as thick as a broomstick. I guess that could make him "elusive".

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'd like to get the draftniks thoughts on Colby Cameron. I was really disappointed in the lack of playing time he got in the E/W Shrine game. I know he threw that pick 6 but he was given no chance to redeem himself.

4. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

2.. but he was sitting behind Russell Wilson so he didn't really have a chance to start.

5. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

All things being considered...

...with Mornhingweg as our new OC and the fact that we have NO ONE on our current roster who can run the WCO effectively. When the Jets go to pick at #9, do we draft Mingo, Jones, Vaccaro or Dysert if EACH are available at 9?

I say Dysert, the kid is not at a BIG NAME school, but he has all of the tools to be our franchise QB.

What say you all?

6. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

I haven't seen Dysert being projected by anyone until the 3rd.

Also, there's a whole draft forum.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I can just imagine the hysterical laughter coming out of ESPN's analysts at the draft if the Jets reached for one of the lesser QB's in the draft on the 9 pick.

8. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

None of the above. I think those are all good players, but the Jets need OL help far more than it needs defensive help or draft a 3/4 round QB prospect in the first.

Above Dysert, there's far more concerns than just playing at a big name school. He was a four year starter in their program and broke 65% just one season. After checking out some of the tape on him (Boise State, OSU), Dysert is not unskilled, but he is definitely a project player who needs time to develop.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Why do you feel 65% is so important?

Rothisberger broke it once in three years as a starter at the same school. Andy Dalton hit it once in 4 years. Russle Wilson never broke 60% at NC state. Kapernick never hit 65% in school. The Same is true for Drew Brees. I could go on but you get my point.

Just picking out one stat for any player and say they achived This!!! or They never did this!!! is a horrible way to look into prospects.

Dysert is most likely going to be a late second, early third type of player. He is a bit of a project but has all the tools.

10. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Completion percentage is a funny stat when evaluating QBs. I think that it's value is a bit higher with Dysert given the volume of throws that he attempted. It's not a be-all stat by any means, but it is something that I would have liked to have seen increase with each year.

There's stuff to like about Dysert. He's very comfortable throwing intermediate routes in the middle of the field and he's got good escapability. Even though he doesn't see all the field all the time, generally, when he does, Dysert gives his target an opportunity to make a play. There's definitely issues with his game though, which are evident in the Boise State game.

I don't hate Dysert. He is not unskilled. In my opinion, I don't think that there is value for the Jets taking him with a 2/3 pick because, in those rounds, a better prospect at a need position will be available. And next year's QB class will, most likely, be stronger :)

#190 NoodleArm, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Senior Bowl isn't doing much good for these QBs. Cept for Manuel.

12. cambam71

cambam71 Member

I would disagree. Wilson is looking pretty good...minus that last throw.

13. 101GangGreen101

He also almost threw an interception the throw before that. Nassib threw into triple coverage and showed no zip. I'm not the one to hate, but they don't look good right now

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think the reverse about his arm; he has zip but no touch. That INT was into triple coverage though.

15. cambam71

cambam71 Member

You realize that the INT Nassib threw was a laser, right?

Yes it was triple coverage, but it had zip. His WR broke off the route and went vertical too, which didn't help him. Not trying to be an apologist, but still.

And yes, that throw was the bad one by Wilson (the almost INT), but he has looked good so far.

16. 101GangGreen101

Zip may of been the wrong choice of words my bad lol, but I didn't like Wilson all that too much - what about that under-thrown ball into the EZ?

Oh God, Landry Jones is up

17. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

He didnt recognize the safety over the top and just threw the ball late, I've seen a better arm out of Wilson so its not like he cant make that throw.

If Wilson stays consistent in this game, he'll raise his stock.

18. cambam71

cambam71 Member

I had high hopes for about 20 seconds of Landry, when they posted his stats, but he's a wet noodle.

3rd round...maybe.

Not a fan, saw him in person at WVU this year and he looked like a star there, but who didn't versus our Defense.

19. 101GangGreen101

I just hope the Jets aren't thinking about wasting a pick on one of these guys especially our first

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

is this Dysert's first day of playing quarterback?