Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No middle of the nite update ? I take it no news is not good news ? Maybe Jays computer models and keyboard are frozen . Stay warm all its Antarctica cold out there . As I said in an earlier post if it is going to be this frigging cold in our world it might it might as well be snowing out :up:

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so thats it? the storns gone?

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys..fell asleep on the euro which showed not much...a 2 to 5 event. Only the British model shows a real big storm. Good model though. Nuts.

Crazy day..will get caught up this afternoon.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so what time does this dud of a storm take place?

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay ---------->I think I can speak for everyone here when I say "what are you doing falling asleep at the wheel man ? " You have the whole weekend to sleep when the wife and kids bail on you !You have an obligation to people HERE and we fully expect our updates and it had better be snowey news or we will wish pox on you and your ancestors :beer:

Now I hope that these frigging models get their acts together and get on a snowey track but IF not maybe they can all say nothing is going to happen and we get buried anyways,,,,would not be the first time :up:

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

the news just said an inch or two Friday night....another bullet dodged......

7. jaywayne12

very very very sorry..lol..crazy day. Part of getting the family on the road means running around like an idiot today.

Yeah..models shows some improvement but not enough. For instance Coast Conn and MASS get in on the action but right now we just get the first weak storm.

2-5..not bad..but not 6-12. Again..things will calm down here in about 3 hours to really check. Promise!! lol

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think I speak again for all when I say Jay apology accepted :beer:

Yes the news guys all say we are getting nada,,,,ugh

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay. Since I started following you I haven't seen a big snow. Are you cursed or what :)

10. jaywayne12

ha...lol...maybe brook.

Many of us watch the local news guys and on Tuesday...they started muttering about maybe a storm on Friday.

But behind the scenes..guys with MUCH more knowledge than me..maybe thats their problem...have a lot of egg on their face. All winter long..if you just model hug..this is a bad year.

Every since Sandy, the models have flat out sucked. They have shown major storms from day 14 to day 5 or 6 left...and then they just lose the storm. Have never seen anything like that.

What I try to do is know the weakness of the models and judge by that..and feed of the pattern.

But the bottom line is that there is no solid pattern this winter...none. The biggest problem behind getting a solid snow storm is cold air..and you can get more cold air than this.

And to top it all off..there is a storm..a major storm...but all the phasing occurs well east of Long Island..and that just doesnt cut it.

And...and...there is another major storm modeled for next Wednesday...and guess what...I will follow it but Im not calling it. Not this year. That storm needs to be on the models this Saturday for me to bite.

And Brook I was very hot up until the middle of last winter when all of this model madness started. The amazing thing is that the only storm the models have done pretty good at was Sandy.

Sorry boys...Im trying here but this year, like last year, is the year of mentioning a possible storm week or weeks out and thats it.

So there you have it..a possible storm next Wednesday that 80% of the models have shown. And guess what..Im not calling it yet..lol..nope nope nope.

11. jaywayne12

Oh...and as far as Friday the models have come back with A STORM..just that the comeback is too late..and most will get anywhere from 1 to 5 inches depending on location. the 5 seems to be north and east of NYC metro..and very close to the coast.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm not sure what is worse... a foot of snow, or this balls ass cold weather...

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Local guys saying 1 to 3 up north ( better than nothing ) and a little more snow to the south .that about rite Jay or will it not even be that much ?
    I hope they are somehow mistaken and this thing gives us more,,,,but :shit:

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Eh, its not that bad. It's a dry cold.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

inches or feet?

16. jaywayne12

See M...Only some of us get the great sense of humor...very funny.

Actually as we speak..another cold shot is coming through with wind chills below zero right now.

Ok...as I mentioned in that long drawn out post...will not be jumping on any models until they get close.

For instance..I mentioned in that post of a storm on Tuesday..well its missing us way west now.

BUT..BUT....How about a Super Bowl storm? Every model shows a major snow storm for that weekend..and you know what that means? NOTHING.

But, i will track it and give updates on it..right now on the models its massive..huge. Biggest storm the models have spit out this year since Sandy...but of course it means nothing this far out

Why you ask? Because the models all suck.

#2736 jaywayne12, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You have models that suck? You lucky man.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

centermeters:lol:

19. jaywayne12

ha...good one. And yes...I do.

20. Drew

Drew Active Member

This has been a complete bust of a winter thus far.

This cold front is miserable though. If it's going to be this cold atleast give us some snow and make it worth it.