Once again, Patriots fans are losing it

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Jan 21, 2013.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you're the one grasping at straws. nobody has claimed Belichik was classless to Harbaugh, they are claiming he is classless in general, which is about how he behaved in general, including ignoring the media, not whether he displayed class to one specific person.

even the greatest assholes don't treat every single person like crap, but that doesn't negate how they treat people in general.

2. gopats88

gopats88 Member

You are confusing things here. Belichick did not skip the post-game press conference (no I do not mean the end of season press conference). It happened at the regularly scheduled time, and you can watch it right here:
    http://www.patriots.com/news/articl...anscript/7be81944-d054-46fb-8406-ee76e88e5281

Belichick declined an interview with a CBS sideline reporter. From what I gather, Harbaugh did too. It's fairly common. The person who complained about this, and turned it into news, was Shannon Sharpe, a CBS analyst. The only people in the media industry who seem to care about this are people within CBS (i.e. the people who would gain financially from having an exclusive interview on their network).

I brought up Rex Ryan because I thought it was hypocritical that the other poster was calling Belichick a "sore loser" for avoiding the press for a few hours, meanwhile the Pro Football Writers of America filed complaints against Ryan after he avoided them for more than a week. I'm not saying that the interviews they avoided were directly comparable.

3. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Are you dumb? I never said Sanchez was better than Brady. I was simply saying Tom Brady isn't an elite quarterback on the New York Jets. But your need to attack somebody on a forum has you now looking like a dumbass now.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Spoiled brats.

They never suffered the colossal pain that is Mark Sanchez.

If they feel like Brady is done, let them know, Jets are always listening.

And if Jets had Brady, Jets would have actually won the damn VLT too.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Actually you are half correct, Bellichick did in fact do the post game press conference, I watched it just to see him mumble 3 words. Harbaugh did not decline the post game interview. He flashed a Ravens AFC Champs hat in it. It looks like it took place after the Trophy presentation. What I did notice was Bellicick looking to get as far away from Harbaugh as he possibly could (which of course has become a Chickie trait so no shock there)

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Declining a single interview with a sideline reporter minutes after a game is not classless. That's ridiculous. The original post did not use the word "classless" either. The poster called Belichick a sore loser. If Belichick lost the game, and "was so classy in the things he said" to the winner (in Harbaugh's own words), I think it's fair to say that Belichick was not a "sore loser".

You are grasping at straws here. Stop pretending to be so dense.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You supported Hobbes, who said Sanchez > Brady and so you're guilty by association. The simplified version of exchange was:

Hobbes: Sanchez > Brady
    I: you're nuts
    You: actually, he makes sense
    I: you both are nuts.

Perhaps you should read thread more carefully. Glad you're not crazy like Hobbes to put Sanchez on the same level as Brady.

#67 RuJFan, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

they're bashing the Jets in that patriots planet thread. funny.

9. Bombers

Bombers New Member

:shit::beer::beer: fire billcheat
    trying to get over 10 post

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

You seriously want to argue that Belichick isn't a classless sore loser? Because all the evidence says otherwise.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Tom Coughlin is still waiting for Chickie to come out of the tunnel and shake his hand after that 1st SB.

12. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Bimbo apologized!

Must have found out that Brady dumped a pregnant girlfriend...

13. gopats88

gopats88 Member

He doesn't go out of his way to impress people with his "classiness", but he does not act like a sore loser either. People call him classless because of his decisions to play aggressively late in games and because he treats the media with disinterest and borderline disdain. Neither of those things really have anything to do with how classy he is as a person or a football coach. He always makes an effort to give credit to other teams and players, win or lose. He just doesn't like groveling to anyone. The only exception might be the handshake "scandal" after the Mangini Browns beat the Patriots. That is the kind of thing sore losers do, however I think everyone knows that the outcome of the game wasn't the main influence in Belichick's bitterness towards Mangini.

#73 gopats88, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

what about the 18-1 s.b. when he stormed off the field while the clock was still ticking down? that was losing with class?

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I can't take you seriously.

Who does go out of their way to impress people with "classiness"? That's an absurd statement. He goes out of his way to be a #^$*#^. Big difference between that and "not going out of your way to impress people with classiness", which would apply to every NFL head coach.

He has been a sore loser since he began in the NFL. This isn't a matter of one or two examples being blown out of context. It's the entire picture.

And what head coach does? What does Belichick treating everyone else like dirt have anything to do with not groveling?

16. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Belichick isn't personable. He doesn't like interviews, he doesn't care about fans liking him, he doesn't enjoy "shows of sportsmanship" like handshakes and verbal congratulations. He basically has the same personality as the nanoparticles genius who spends every minute of his day in his basement researching, experimenting, and writing notes, avoiding human contact as much as possible. Only problem is that he is, by necessity, a well-known public figure.

Of course there are other coaches who don't care much for all of the publicity and showmanship that comes along with the job, but most of them care enough about their image to put in some effort in public and come across as being friendly and sociable. Belichick doesn't care enough to do that.

That is what I meant.

He conveyed his respect for Harbaugh after the loss (see the link I posted earlier), but obviously he didn't care whether anyone heard it or saw it or even believed that it happened.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Being an NFL head coach requires a lot of human interaction, unfortunately for him.

Maybe he should've been a researcher in a laboratory.

18. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Hmm... last I checked the most important part of his job is to coach football. He is pretty great at that, so my opinion is that he made the right choice.

19. JetBlue

nobody is saying he is a classless human being in all facets of his life, they are saying he is classless after playoff losses, even if it is just towards the media.

20. JetBlue

and how did snubbing the interview after the game help him coach better yesterday and his team play better? there are facets of the job that have nothing to do with coaching the game or preparing the team, so the idea that his responsibilities as a coach, and how he is judged as a coach, do not include those duties is ridiculous.